• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

IWMTB: How is Robin Lopez defensively?

I think he's bad on defense because he never gets any defensive rebounds and is a bad pick-and-roll defender and seems kind of unaware and with poor quickness, but giri is probably a better person to ask...

Yea, still haven't heard any solid evidence of Noels knee being bad other than the Suns redflagging him. Multiple teams' medical staffs checked him out and Dr. Andrews gave him the thumbs up as well, who has too many quality athletes he works with to bother lying about some kid who isn't even a pro yet.

The Suns never even redflagged him, that's just NBADraft.net bullshit.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I think he's bad on defense because he never gets any defensive rebounds and is a bad pick-and-roll defender and seems kind of unaware and with poor quickness, but giri is probably a better person to ask...

Well, the reason I ask is because he's been on the Suns and Hornets his entire career. Not sure how to judge his defensive prowess.

SamuraiX-

1. Tyreke Evans is back on the table

There seemed to be a consensus among the veteran NBA reporters covering the Kings that Sacramento would not bring back Tyreke Evans if the team signed Andre Iguodala. Now however, Evans would seem to be back in play. The Bee's Jason Jones reported earlier this morning that Evans is close to verbally accepting New Orleans' 4 year, $44 million offer. The same article states that Evans had been seeking a 4 year, $48 million offer from Sacramento, but the Kings had put his value somewhere between $8-9 million a year.

Loving it.

Reke definitely not worth double figure millions.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
51Ek8BM.png

Not sure why... you save $19 million and Stuckey, Villanueva are expiring.

Maybe Ujiri thinks he can get a better package for Gay?

That would be my guess. Everything I've read about him he seems to be stubborn when it comes to what he wants and will hold off to get it.

Bowser

And this is why your team has never won anything, MJ. You force your guys to draft and coach out of fear.

Instead of just blanket blaming MJ, why don't you actually read? Zeller was Cho's pick and was met with a lot of resistance in the building. Eventually MJ relented and let Cho do what he was hired to do - run the team:

The pick shows that MJ has given Cho carte blanche to run the team. Whether Zeller works out or not, this is massive step forward for MJ as an owner: Hire smart people, let them do their job. If not, hire even smarter people and allow them to do better ones. MJ is the greatest basketball player of all time, now it’s time to create opportunities for others to excel at their careers be it Rich Cho or the team’s next GM.

http://www.bobcatsbaseline.com/2013/charlotte-picks-cody-zeller-fourth-in-wild-nba-draft/

Bread

Banned
such an awful article
look what he says about Chris Paul
You have your analytics and I have mine, but if you're a big-money point guard, the basic metric is whether you can get your team to win anything and, right now, Paul's got one division title with L.A. He, however, has fewer rings than Rajon Rondo or Mario Chalmers. But he gets to hold up the Clippers to the point where they raid another team for its coach, throw the league into an uproar, launch a brawl between my favorite person in the NBA and my, uh, boss, and all so that Paul won't take his stylish, couldn't-beat-the-Grizzlies-with-a-hand-grenade hindquarters somewhere else in the league. The barstools are full of point guards who guided their teams to a loss in a six-game playoff series.

what an idiot

I'm not falling for all of the Noel optimism.

In fact I'm not even going to get hyped for Wiggins.

Glen Robinson Jr. Future for me.

I've been hurt too many times.

linsivvi

draftexpress, clearly impatient waiting for this year's crop of college players, is doing scouting reports on the free agent class

dwight koufos

All those bricked free throws. The horrible memories....

such an awful article
look what he says about Chris Paul

what an idiot

Yeah. There's a lot of things to not like about Dwight. His Orlando antics while under contract was inexcusable but he's a free agent now. I can't fault him for shopping around for one of his biggest decisions in his life.

I think he mostly started because Al was injured. He only has 2 other games where he played more than 30 mins and he went 18/8 and 18/10 in those games. Obviously he isnt there yet but he improved so much in 1 year.

I know jazz-gaf has to be excited to see what Favors and Kanter can do with more pt, should be fun to watch.

Also, Noel (like Tyson Chandler) is going to take 3 or 4 years to get to where he's going to be. That's not a guy you draft at the end of your rebuild, you do at the beginning though. That's why the 76ers went for it.

Instead of just blanket blaming MJ, why don't you actually read? Zeller was Cho's pick and was met with a lot of resistance in the building. Eventually MJ relented and let Cho do what he was hired to do - run the team:

http://www.bobcatsbaseline.com/2013/charlotte-picks-cody-zeller-fourth-in-wild-nba-draft/

Maybe it wasn't Cho who passed on Noel because of fear of getting fired, but going for the most ready player right after reports that MJ nearly fired him (and right after MJ fired Dunlap for failing to produce in the single season he got) feels pretty fearful and would probably fit Ford's comments. I'm probably wrong though...

B.O.O.M

man Portland Free Agency activity or the lack of it has been really boring

The only good thing I have seen in the past few days are the CJ interviews. Smart kid

That would be my guess. Everything I've read about him he seems to be stubborn when it comes to what he wants and will hold off to get it.

its a great deal for the Pistons and a solid deal for the raptors to tank for Wiggins. Dude might be starting to believe his own hype about himself a bit too much as not many teams are enthusiastic about that blimp of a contract Gay has

I can't blame Hornets fans, I'd probably be in denial too if I blew that pick.

I mean shit, I kind of want to blow my brains out already and we're much further along in our rebuild in Wiz land.

But I'm not about to change my mind on it. Noel was the best player on the board and we fucking blew it for short term reasons.

Kevtones

man Portland Free Agency activity or the lack of it has been really boring

The only good thing I have seen in the past few days are the CJ interviews. Smart kid

It's terrible. They kept saying they 'don't want to be left in the cold' but that's exactly what's happening.

thekad

Banned
its a great deal for the Pistons and a solid deal for the raptors to tank for Wiggins. Dude might be starting to believe his own hype about himself a bit too much as not many teams are enthusiastic about that blimp of a contract Gay has

Rudy Gay may be an expiring contract himself. He has a player option that he may exercise if he thinks he can get a long term deal with a eight figure salary.

reilo

It's terrible. They kept saying they 'don't want to be left in the cold' but that's exactly what's happening.

lol exactly..seems like they are 'interested' in everyone...but doing nothing to actually get any of them!

Portland will always be a market that picks up the scraps and gets lucky with an undervalued free agent (Andre Miller, Wesley Matthews), or makes their splash through trade or a draft pick.

reilo

Portland just made Wright an offer:

Marc Spears said:
Sixers free agent Dorrell Wright visited OKC Tues & was given contract options of 1 or 2 years, a source tells Y! Blazers made similar offer

B.O.O.M

Portland will always be a market that picks up the scraps and gets lucky with an undervalued free agent (Andre Miller, Wesley Matthews), or makes their splash through trade or a draft pick.

Which was why I was hoping they would try harder this year. We have so many promising young talent. 1-2 solid pick ups this off season would have made us a much stronger team

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I mean if he's willing to sign for like 2 years, $6m or something, sure, bring him in as an energy guy off the bench. But he's not someone you make a priority or anything.

Hansbrough is liable to have a PTSD relapse being that close to Henderson tho.

On the one hand, Hansbrough can help put asses in seats in Charlotte where there are probably more UNC fans than anywhere else in the state. He's serviceable off the bench and if you need someone gooned, then Hendo and Beaker should be the fucking tag champs.
On the other hand, Hansbrough won't ever be the star player the fanbase wants, but they may not understand that. He might also shoo away other potential fans that still can't see past his UNC days.

Oddly enough, I think the Cats should go for it, but I don't harbor any delusions on how good Hansbrough will be.

SamuraiX-

tyqI0Sy.png

To me, Dorell Wright is the only legitimate SF free agent worth going after that won't demand a stupid amount of money.

Can't believe he's not on our radar.

KingGondo

Banned
i hope you enjoy him thinking he;s LeBron instead of just spotting up and taking the damn shot.

alos pumpfakes...lots and lots of pumpfakes
He should get lots of open looks playing alongside KD and Russ.

Also, I can't tell you how many times KD yelled at K-Mart last year to just shoot the damn three. It sounds like Wright would fit in a similar role, and help us spread the floor (and take some scoring pressure off of Reggie and Lamb).

Kevtones

Portland just made Wright an offer:

Meh. Oh wait, I was thinking of Darrell Arthur. Wright is decent.

The Trail Blazers are expected to extend a "massive" offer to Nikola Pekovic, according to Kyler. After acquiring Thomas Robinson, Portland won't have the necessary cap room to make a huge offer, but perhaps the team has another move in mind to clear some space.

Yeah, it's Hoopsworld but I'm hopeful.

Also getting linked to Robin Lopez and Dalembert.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Pek and LMA would be a great frontcourt.

Still don't know why Portland is so adamant on overpaying the fuck out of centers though.

reilo

Pek and LMA would be a great frontcourt.

Still don't know why Portland is so adamant on overpaying the fuck out of centers though.
Unfortunately that's the only way for them to even get a sniff at one. Plus, when the other team matches, is it overpaying?

Top Bottom