• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
First surprise of week on Dwight front: Sources say Golden State made real impression on Howard in their meeting and have become a factor

sigh when will the dwightmare end

they cant even get a deal done unless the lakers agree to a sign and trade no?

Milwaukee is nearing a deal to sign free agent guard O.J. Mayo, league sources tell Y Sports.

Yessss.

He is better than Monta though. If the Bucks can get Teague, they should be a playoff team I think with improvement from Sanders and Henson.

ESPNSteinLine
First surprise of week on Dwight front: Sources say Golden State made real impression on Howard in their meeting and have become a factor

sigh when will the dwightmare end

they cant even get a deal done unless the lakers agree to a sign and trade no?

Id rather let Dwight walk than take back Bogut and Danny Green 2.0

I'm surprised you guys haven't started the Howard avatars with every NBA jersey.

I guess no one cares.

If he signs with LA you guys will say so what there still terrible.
If he leaves that team inherited a douche.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm surprised you guys haven't started the Howard avatars with every NBA jersey.

I guess no one cares.

If he signs with LA you guys will say so what there still terrible.
If he leaves that team inherited a douche.
Everybody's sick of thinking about this clown. He just needs to pick a damn team already.

Howard is a great player, but he's just got to sign with somebody, then shut up and play. Keep his head down and his performance up.

Part of it is his own doing, part of it is over-saturation from the four letters, but it is what it is and he needs to earn back some public trust.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
What happened to "no fucks given" and "i didnt even know the draft was here" reilo?

I felt like it was preparing me for future Lakers-age.
You're the one that got all hot and Vaggy'd over an innocent comment that wasn't even a commentary about the Jazz FO.

Cipherr

Howard is a great player, but he's just got to sign with somebody, then shut up and play. Keep his head down and his performance up.

Part of it is his own doing, part of it is over-saturation from the four letters, but it is what it is and he needs to earn back some public trust.

How much of this is Howard himself though? Is he in the press constantly talking about this? Or is the press just constantly writing 20 articles a day about who he meets with mixed with rumors of which way he is 'leaning'? He himself seems to be doing this rather quietly.

Takes his meetings and just keeps to himself, unless I am missing something. Now LAST year?! That was a hot mess. But it doesn't seem anywhere near that bad this offseason.

How much of this is Howard himself though? Is he in the press constantly talking about this? Or is the press just constantly writing 20 articles a day about who he meets with mixed with rumors of which way he is 'leaning'? He himself seems to be doing this rather quietly.

Takes his meetings and just keeps to himself, unless I am missing something. Now LAST year?! That was a hot mess. But it doesn't seem anywhere near that bad this offseason.

Well, I did credit the machine. But regardless of this offseason, he has made his own bed by his actions in Orlando and LA so far. So you're right, he's in a "no win" situation almost by default. Regardless, my advice is stll the same. Sign. Shut up. Play. When and if things aren't going well, keep those lips buttoned.

linsivvi

Well, I did credit the machine. But regardless of this offseason, he has made his own bed by his actions in Orlando and LA so far. So you're right, he's in a "no win" situation almost by default. Regardless, my advice is stll the same. Sign. Shut up. Play. When and if things aren't going well, keep those lips buttoned.

He's taking a few days to consider an important career choice. Any 24/7 coverage is the media's fault.

Dwight is the kinda guy who likes to have his cake and eat it too. Meaning if he leaves LA I doubt he wants to leave them high and dry. He's too afraid of the blow back. If the Warriors were serious about sending their expiring contracts plus Thompson or Barnes then I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that happen.

Lakers need to save face, they won't just let him walk if they have a chance to grab something in return

And what they would get (such as Bogut, Rush) is expiring contracts anyways. Doesn't effect them next free agency

The sticking.point would come down to Barnes or Klay. I'm pretty sure the Warriors would be reluctant to give up Barnes, and that's who the Lakers would probably prefer to have. The Warriors can replace Thompson easier than they could Barnes.

Even if the Lakers aren't interested, I could see the Cavs taking back Bogut and Jefferson for their cap space while the Jazz use their space on Klay/Barnes and Biedrins if the Warriors need to clear cap space to sign Dwight.

Lakers aren't going to do a trade if it doesn't include klay or barnes.

And if Dwight decides to leave anyway and then go to Houston?

Things is...couldn't the Lakers trade Dwight to the Warriors for Bogut, Biedris and Jefferson? All three of them have expiring contracts and would still provide the Lakers with their 2014 free agent $$$.

I know this ain't happening so there really is no point in discussing it, but I just think the Warriors need to keep both Barnes AND Klay. Dwight isn't worth breaking up the playoff squad from this season.

Lol...can you imagine...

Dwight Howard
David Lee
HB
Klay Thompson
Scurry

That would be a pretty good lineup.

Top Bottom