• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Bread

Banned
Love Brad Stevens but how is he supposed to succeed with a tanking roster =(
he's got a year or 2 to get acclimated with the young guys we have, and maybe by then we will have picked up a top draft pick and he can build this team with danny.

i'm so glad danny didn't go with some del negro type retread, i'm very interested to see how this works out.

LOL when Brad Stevens is a revolutionary NBA coach and gets his scrub roster to the 9th seed in the East. He is then immediately fired for not tanking.

Dwight's leaving for sure now. If he didn't learn to wear a condom after the 2nd child with a 2nd woman, no way he's going to allow Kobe Bryant to teach him to be a champion.

Bread

Banned
LOL when Brad Stevens is a revolutionary NBA coach and gets his scrub roster to the 9th seed in the East. He is then immediately fired for not tanking.
then danny can say "see i told you i wasn't tanking!"

losing doc for a 1st and getting brad stevens? that could end up being a coup for the celtics.

i'm baaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaack

ron-paul.jpg

Fjordson

Stevens is a fantastic coach, but we'll see if he can handle the NBA egos. I guess rebuilding from scratch will help.
Agreed.

I'm a little shocked. Clearly I was wrong, but he always seemed like someone who would stay in the college game. Crazy.

AlphaK

I feel like i'm the only person in the world that thinks Dallas is the best fit for Dwight, i mean:

a) he's already publicly stated he wants to play with a owner like Mark Cuban

b) When healthy, Dirk is a better superstar option than Harden. When it's time for the postseason and both are healthy, who would you depend on to come through in a big time, clutch moment in a tough series vs OKC, SAS, LAC, etc? Dirk. Plus he's won a title and knows what it takes to climb the mountain, he's like a less douchey version of Kobe.

c) Carlisle is a much better coach than either D'antoni or Mchale, so you won't have to clash with coaches who obviously don't know what the fuck they're doing and get them fired after one year.

If he wants to win a title, out of the 3 main teams he should come to Dallas. But whatever, i'm preparing for the worst.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
Story posting now WITH @GoodmanESPN: Sources say Kings RFA Tyreke Evans is ready for change of scenery and wants to wind up in New Orleans

He's like the reverse Eric Gordon.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ESPNSteinLine
Story posting now WITH @GoodmanESPN: Sources say Kings RFA Tyreke Evans is ready for change of scenery and wants to wind up in New Orleans

He's like the reverse Eric Gordon.

I'd love to somehow end up with EG and Al after all of this.

Bread

Banned
holy shiiiiiiit 6 year deal with stevens!

celtics just jumpstarted their rebuild with this hire. fuck now i'm pumped to see this team play even if they won't win 30.

Pablo Prigioni told a friend that he hopes to reach a deal with the Knicks “real soon,” according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.

On Tuesday night, an Argentinian basketball website reported that the Knicks had offered Prigioni a two-year deal.

Prigioni made just under $1 million last season with the Knicks. He is a restricted free agent.
sweet.

I feel like i'm the only person in the world that thinks Dallas is the best fit for Dwight, i mean:

a) he's already publicly stated he wants to play with a owner like Mark Cuban

b) When healthy, Dirk is a better superstar option than Harden. When it's time for the postseason and both are healthy, who would you depend on to come through in a big time, clutch moment in a tough series vs OKC, SAS, LAC, etc? Dirk. Plus he's won a title and knows what it takes to climb the mountain, he's like a less douchey version of Kobe.

c) Carlisle is a much better coach than either D'antoni or Mchale, so you won't have to clash with coaches who obviously don't know what the fuck they're doing and get them fired after one year.

If he wants to win a title, out of the 3 main teams he should come to Dallas. But whatever, i'm preparing for the worst.

Dirk is 35 and has slipped the last 2 years as well as those injury concerns. And other than Marion, they have no one of worth right now on the team.

if I was Howard, I'd choose Harden and houston over Dallas. I don't see the appeal regarding Dallas at all, really. Right now, that is. Love Dirk, but why would you choose him and Marion today over Harden, Parsons, Lin, + Asik's contract will get.

Yet one source close to the situation said Wednesday that Evans feels disrespected that new Kings owner Vivek Ranadive had yet to make any formal offer aimed at retaining him.

The source said: "They are stalling and he feels he has no choice. If they had shown loyalty to him earlier, he probably would have stayed there. He wasn't trying to leave, but now he feels as though he has to."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9448966/sources-tyreke-evans-wants-join-new-orleans-pelicans

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not like isnt the correct term.

Always knew the truth would be a better one.

Whats the truth?

That the Celtics were incapable of running anything resembling an offense without him?

But I do expect the Celtics to trade him now. Probably something crazy like to the Knicks for Tyson Chandler or whatever.

Top Bottom