• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Cornbread78

According to Woj, the Celtics signed Brad Stevens to a six year, $22 million contract

dude is my age, pretty scary shit. I wonder if he is up for project Wiggins, the last college coach they hired didn't work too well. Larry Bird isn't walking through the door...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Mavs aren't going to sign Al because he rates terribly in plus or minus and is a terrible compliment to Dirk.

The only reason he's talking to Charlotte is to get the ball rolling behind Howard.

15 mil is lol. He's not getting that anywhere.

Korver, 32 years old: 4 years $24mil.

Redick, 29 years old: 4 years $27mil.

This franchise...
:/

Seriously..JJ Redick is still improving, and can finally play with an elite PG (sorry Brandon Jennings ain't elite) that will get him more shots .Kyle Korver is what he is now and look at the PGs he has played with.

SamuraiX-

Maybe. But a sour deal after Mike Dunleavy went for 2 years $6 million.

Redick's a better player with better value and can do more for your team. Signed for 3 million more total.

That's his agent's fault. Everyone here was talking about how much of steal it was for the Clippers to get him on the deal they did. Should've demanded more money.

RBH

Well, this is kind of cool if you're a basketball fan and gamer — 2K Sports and Euroleague Basketball just announced "an exclusive multi-year global partnership" that paves the way for the inclusion of some of the top clubs in Europe in the annual "NBA 2K" series of video games, beginning with 14 Euroleague teams in the forthcoming LeBron James-covered "NBA 2K14" for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, as well as the not-yet-released next-generation systems Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

While games have included ways to use non-NBA players in the past — fan-made modified rosters shared online, for example, or the (sadly one-time-only) inclusion of several national teams in "NBA Live 2008" in conjunction with the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing — this represents the first time an official deal has been reached to include European club teams and players in a game.

The fourteen teams to be included in NBA 2K14 are:

· Alba Berlin
· FC Barcelona
· Real Madrid
· CSKA Moscow
· EA7 Emporio Armani Milano
· Montepaschi Siena
· Fenerbahçe Ülker Istanbul
· Anadolu Efes Istanbul
· Olympiacos Piraeus
· Panathinaikos Athens
· Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
· Zalgiris Kaunas
· Unicaja Málaga
· Laboral Kutxa Vitoria
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613056

Piecake

Kevin Martin and Budinger

Damn, we needed shooting and Flip sure delivered. I definitely like these pickups and its going to be nice seeing our wings actually hitting outside shots for once. I'm a bit worried about the D because AK is definitely not coming back now, but we desperately needed shooting. Hopefully some good team D concepts can save us

And man, wtf is OKC thinking? They basically traded Harden away for nothing. I hope Ibaka and perk are worth all that money they are paying them, because damn, I would so rather have harden over both those players by a ton

That's his agent's fault. Everyone here was talking about how much of steal it was for the Clippers to get him on the deal they did. Should've demanded more money.

Didn't Chase Budinger also get signed to like 3 years and 16 million?

I just question the wisdom of paying a 32 year old small forward 24 million dollars in a league full of good small forwards.

Maybe. But a sour deal after Mike Dunleavy went for 2 years $6 million.

Redick's a better player with better value and can do more for your team. Signed for 3 million more total.

Sorry, Haspha. :(

:3

You guys dodged a bullet with Reke.

SamuraiX-

You guys dodged a bullet with Reke.
It's gonna be a long 10 days...

It ain't over 'til it's over... :-/

Also, here you go:
w1HbwEP.png

Bread

Banned
Seriously..JJ Redick is still improving, and can finally play with an elite PG (sorry Brandon Jennings ain't elite) that will get him more shots .Kyle Korver is what he is now and look at the PGs he has played with.
lol i like how you say this like it's a controversial statement

SamuraiX-

I've never watched summer league games before. Worth watching?

Only if you care about hyping up prospects to pseudosuperstar status after they dominate a bunch of scrubs.

But seriously, there's no basketball until fucking October. This is all we get for the next four months. Check out the schedule and you can pick and choose games to watch where your favorite new rookie will be playing.

You understand anything besides tank is fail right?

Given the Hawks track record, we'd end up with the 1 bust out of 6 potential all stars.

Josh Childress, Shelden Williams, Acie Law, Marvin Williams.

We did draft Pau Gasol though, but we traded him for Shareef Abdul Rahim.

Yeah I'm not tanking. No fucking way.

DY_nasty

Only if you care about hyping up prospects to pseudosuperstar status after they dominate a bunch of scrubs.

But seriously, there's no basketball until fucking October. This is all we get for the next four months. Check out the schedule and you can pick and choose games to watch where your favorite new rookie will be playing.

Summer League shows you important things like who shows up fat and who gets their ankles broken by Jeremy Lin

Off of those 4 players here are the players the Hawks could have had:

Acie Law: Thaddeus Young, Rodney Stuckey, Jared Dudley, Wilson Chandler, Rudy Fernandez, Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry, Marc Gasol

Shelden: Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, JJ Redick, Rajon Rondo, Paul Millsap

Maaaahvin: Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Raymond Felton, Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger, David Lee

Childress: Luol Deng, Andre Iguodala, Al Jefferson, Jameer Nelson, Kevin Martin, Trevor Ariza

Atlanta Hawks. Where tanking is not an option.

You can find out if a guy is in trouble pretty quick from summer league occasionally.

We all knew T-Rob was in trouble when he was getting bodied by guys playing in a warzone somewhere.

You can find out if a guy is in trouble pretty quick from summer league occasionally.

We all knew T-Rob was in trouble when he was getting bodied by guys playing in a warzone somewhere.

yep.

Turner looking like shit..let me know what was going to happen

The worst part of summer league...all those hopes you had...dashed.

DY_nasty

How are yal gonna blame TRob when Sacramento said -clearly- that they were gonna try running him at SF and used Summer League as a way to train him up for it?

Organization of Cancer.

Fatalah

I'm excited to see Stevens in the NBA, but I'm upset for the new Big East. Stevens was poised to become an epic figure for the conference.

How are yal gonna blame TRob when Sacramento said -clearly- that they were gonna try running him at SF and used Summer League as a way to train him up for it?

Organization of Cancer.

Sac sucks and all but he played a bit of PF in summerleague too and his chain got took at the same rate. Also couldn't rebound to save his life at any position. I remember him getting praise for his 'motor'. His 'motor' was basically nonexistent. Basically things that should be apparent regardless of what position you're playing were nowhere to be found.

DY_nasty

Sac sucks and all but he played a bit of PF in summerleague too and his chain got took at the same rate. Also couldn't rebound to save his life at any position. I remember him getting praise for his 'motor'. His 'motor' was basically nonexistent.
You wouldn't have a motor either after ESPN made your little sister a part of one of the most painful interviews of all time on draft night.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Off of those 4 players here are the players the Hawks could have had:

Acie Law: Thaddeus Young, Rodney Stuckey, Jared Dudley, Wilson Chandler, Rudy Fernandez, Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry, Marc Gasol

Shelden: Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, JJ Redick, Rajon Rondo, Paul Millsap

Maaaahvin: Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Raymond Felton, Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger, David Lee

Childress: Luol Deng, Andre Iguodala, Al Jefferson, Jameer Nelson, Kevin Martin, Trevor Ariza

Atlanta Hawks. Where tanking is not an option.

Old regime

Also the Sheldon and Marvin remain some of the dumbest picks in draft history

pilonv1

http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/073737d3-8132-47e5-8b6a-71fee0eba0fe/

As @ESPNSteinLine reported, Warriors' presentation made GSW a serious player for D12. I'm told in the meeting...

Mark Jackson was really impressive, which is not surprising from a noted motivator. Also told the Warriors' pitch to Dwight Howard included being surrounded by Stephen Curry AND Klay Thompson AND Harrison Barnes.

Lee/Bogut & Rush to the Lakers. I am fine with that.

Top Bottom