• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

SoulPlaya

more money than God
And the blind guy he lied to
That blind guy wouldn't have hesitated to kick Boozer to the curb, if Boozer ever got injured or wasn't producing. Boozer just showed an NBA owner who's used to playing with people's lives what it's liked to be played with.

Carlos Boozer, Hero of the Workers.

That blind guy wouldn't have hesitated to kick Boozer to the curb, if Boozer ever got injured or wasn't producing. Boozer just showed an NBA owner who's used to playing with people's lives what it's liked to be played with.

Carlos Boozer, Hero of the Workers.

I need a full-length story of Boozer from you on fanfiction.net It would be great.

giri

That is it. I don't know if its random though...

It's ran"all the big name matchups that will net bigger tv audiences will definitely play each other 4 times"dom.

Also, i don't get why the W's are so desperate to get dwight. I almost think bogut is a better fit tbh.

but that may just be aussie bias.

the lakers are not trading howard for Bogut,, Rush, Jefferson.

If they trade Howard to GSW, they're taking back roughly equal salary. With the new CBA, that means an $80 luxury tax to take on 3 expirings they will let walk. Even if they get crappy 1st rounders or Barnes in the deal, why would the Lakers pay $80 million for that?

They'll let him walk and save that cash for the next season. Now if Curry was in the deal, they'd do it, but GSW won't. And if it was Klay + Barnes they'd think about it.

Warriors have zero leverage because the Lakers can easily let Howard walk and it ain't worth $80 mil to get something crappy back.

the lakers are not trading howard for Bogut,, Rush, Jefferson.

If they trade Howard to GSW, they're taking back roughly equal salary. With the new CBA, that means an $80 luxury tax to take on 3 expirings they will let walk. Even if they get crappy 1st rounders or Barnes in the deal, why would the Lakers pay $80 million for that?

They'll let him walk and save that cash for the next season. Now if Curry was in the deal, they'd do it, but GSW won't. And if it was Klay + Barnes they'd think about it.

I wouldn't.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Man, I am so sorry.

Hopefully somebody like Ujiri comes in and enacts a full on fire sale of that entire front office.
Why would I care?

I'm a Lakers fan. Yeah, I. . . . . . . . am. I mean. . . . . . . . yeah. . . . . Lakers fan.

I need a full-length story of Boozer from you on fanfiction.net It would be great.
I think somebody already beat me to it. It was Bulls meets Twilight, or something.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm sure you could piece together a story just on soul's posts over the years. Sort of like that Kanye thing Deadspin did.
I wanted to write a book called, "What would you like on your sandwich, Mr. Booz?"

It would be a biography about Taj Gibson.

Didn't SoulPlaya use to be a normal poster?
Loving Boozer IS normal.

I'm not sure if he used to be, or he just wasn't as bad as LovingSteam so you didn't notice. But he's been on the LS level for a while now.
It's what us Lakers fans do.

I wouldn't.

I wouldn't either. I'm not that high on either player. But the Lakers would think about it, I know that much.

And I didn't see the mention of Lee. 100% they don't take Lee back.

Unfortunately, many sports writers don't understand the concept of bargaining power and what goes into it. if Dwight demands Warriors, who cares? Lakers will demand something back worth paying $80 million for. If it's not offered, they'll tell Howard to walk.

if the Lakers were well under the luxury tax, this would be a different conversation. But they're not, so everything revolves around the LT hit.

SamuraiX-

The potential addition of Evans and New Orleans' draft night trade that landed Jrue Holiday have improved Eric Gordon's outlook on New Orleans.

“I’m all in with the Pelicans,” said Gordon, who has been friends with Holiday and Evans since their AAU days. “It would be great if we can all play together. I would say we’d definitely have a chance to make the playoffs."

fuckin lol

exarkun

LOL, someone who plays worse defense than Al.

double LOL

LOL Antawn? Fuck you jazz, this is karma for keepin the rox down all those years. Eat it. EAT IT. And for making Sloan resign. Cool ass dude.

People talking about T-Rob like he doesn't belong in the league. If EC6 and Jordan Hill are still playing, there is a place for T-Rob. He literally has had zero development from when he was in Sacramento, and McHale didn't give a fuck about some dude who was just traded to his team. Give him a team that wants him and willing to put effort into him.

diehard

Fleer
dang, Jazz still have to get another $24 mil on the books to reach the league minimum.

Other than Marvin Williams.. Hayward at 23 is the oldest player on the roster.

SamuraiX-

hDOQi5T.png

Gmv8W6S.png

Did I mention how much I fucking love our new management yet?

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!

Nate and the Booz swimming with Sharks. I'd watch a reality show with them going on adventures all over the world. I'm sure if any Shark got close, Boozer would just yell at it and scare it away or punch it in the nose like he punched that ref that one time.
141b1bc6e43511e2a9cf22000aaa0a6f_7.jpg

Edit: I noticed SoulPlaya posted first. Of course he did...

linsivvi

I wouldn't either. I'm not that high on either player. But the Lakers would think about it, I know that much.

And I didn't see the mention of Lee. 100% they don't take Lee back.

Unfortunately, many sports writers don't understand the concept of bargaining power and what goes into it. if Dwight demands Warriors, who cares? Lakers will demand something back worth paying $80 million for. If it's not offered, they'll tell Howard to walk.

if the Lakers were well under the luxury tax, this would be a different conversation. But they're not, so everything revolves around the LT hit.

Isn't the Warriors way over the cap anyway? The new CBA blocks any sign and trade when the team receiving the player is over the tax threshold, right?

Have they been doing First Take? cause they haven't released podcasts lately and I know they have stuff today and tomorrow but it is on Espn news which i don't have

lebatard's co-host is on today and I want to see how he will make a fool of himself

With Austin Rivers being replaced by Reke, the Pelicans will probably make the playoffs this year as long as Davis takes a leap forward like he can this year. They probably would have done so with any small moves though and trading away Noel and Vasquez just to pay JRue and Reke a ton of money doesn't make a lot of sense.

Anyone's summer league rosters been posted yet?

We've got 2 guys that I know of that we're bringing in, unfortunately Seth Curry is injured and won't be one of them. Said he's planning on joining our fall camp though, which is awesome. I hope he makes the team and sticks, I want a new-age Hornets jersey with the name Curry on the jersey bad.

We've got 2 guys that I know of that we're bringing in, unfortunately Seth Curry is injured and won't be one of them. Said he's planning on joining our fall camp though, which is awesome. I hope he makes the team and sticks, I want a new-age Hornets jersey with the name Curry on the jersey bad.

magic summer league roster

NO. NAME POS HT WT BIRTHDATE COLLEGE LAST TEAM
40 Jared Berggren C 6-11 240 4-2-90 Wisconsin Wisconsin
8 Keith Clanton F 6-9 250 8-18-90 UCF UCF
13 Glen Dandridge G-F 6-6 220 7-16-85 Lambuth Spirou-Belgium
7 Matt Gatens G 6-5 210 6-13-89 Iowa UCAM Murica-Spain
21 Maurice Harkless F 6-8 210 5-11-93 St. John's Orlando Magic
12 Tobias Harris F 6-8 226 7-15-92 Tennessee Orlando Magic
20 DeQuan Jones F 6-8 221 6-20-90 Miami (FL) Orlando Magic
1 Doron Lamb G 6-4 210 11-6-91 Kentucky Orlando Magic
31 Shane Lawal C 6-10 230 10-8-86 Wayne State Tezenis Verona-Italy
23 Rodney McGruder G 6-4 205 7-29-91 Kansas State Kansas State
6 Ramone Moore G 6-5 190 5-27-89 Temple Springfield D-League
50 Andrae Nelson F 6-6 230 Morehouse Morehouse
44 Andrew Nicholson F 6-9 250 12-8-89 St. Bonaventure Orlando Magic
5 Victor Oladipo G 6-5 215 5-4-92 Indiana Indiana
2 Kyle O'Quinn F-C 6-10 240 3-26-90 Norfolk State Orlando Magic
24 Romero Osby F 6-8 240 5-7-90 Oklahoma Oklahoma
22 A.J. Slaughter G 6-3 185 8-3-87 Western Kentucky Cholet-France
30 Eric Wise G-F 6-6 240 3-24-90 USC USC

here's the schedule too

summerleague_schedule.jpg

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Breaking: The Knicks and J.R. Smith agree to a new deal, Smith's agent, Leon Rose, tells the Daily News.

Cornbread78

lol thinkibg about it now, wha da Celts have to put on a roster?

Oly
Melo
and the new big white hope? anyone else?

Top Bottom