• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

ISOM

Actually, the cleared cap is better than the trash in that deal.

Let him walk.

I wouldn't take on salary to help him if I was the Laker FO.

That's the biggest thing. The lakers aren't going to take on crap contracts to help out the warriors even if the contracts can come off the books in a year. The lakers would rather let him walk to the rockets than do that.

rando14

Lakers don't want to pay the luxury tax for a crappy team.

iGsuvwFFN1JoU.gif

I agree

Depends if the Lakers want to get anything out of it. Rush and Bogut are both FAs after next season though, and Jefferson/Biedrins are expiring as well.

I just can't see the Lakers helping Dwight go to a division team for scrape metal.

Unless it was a favor to Don Jerry West.

pilonv1

I just can't see the Lakers helping Dwight go to a division team for scrape metal.

Unless it was a favor to Don Jerry West.

As interesting as it would be, I don't see it either, don't trade within your division. Otherwise they'll see Dwight 4 times a year. At least it would only be 3 max with Houston.

They don't have a lot of leverage if he's going to Houston.

Adding Lee alone is beyond stupid with his contract, adding Bogut and Lee while paying Gasol 19 million is even farther beyond stupid.

One of them would have to be moved, or a third team would have to be involved to give the lakers tons-o-picks and take on that shit contract.

I don't think Dwight would prefer GS so much over Houston enough to force this. He probably wouldn't prefer GS over Houston if they were on equal footing. Steph is good but he's hurt too frequently, Harden/Parson and cap space is a much better option.

methodman

Banned
Bogut/jefferson/rush (26 million expiring) For Howard/nash/mwp

You guys have literally no one signed after next season other than kobe's 35 million lol

Bogut is expiring. We have three expirers all on similar contracts.

Trading Lee isn't an option, but Bogut, Beans, and Jefferson aren't.

Why do we need those expirings on a 1 year?

That scrap is gonna make the Lakers a contender?

Again, the only reason you make that deal is to help Dwight Howard get traded into the same division.

For spare parts.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Why do we need those expirings on a 1 year?

That scrap is gonna make the Lakers a contender?

Again, the only reason you make that deal is to help Dwight Howard get traded into the same division.

For spare parts.

Doesn't even the rumor of this put some onus on the rockets to figure out a trade package for Dwight? Like future picks and scrap (Lin, asik, etc)

Zeus Molecules

The Rockets have cap space.

They don't need to send anything back to get Dwight.

I understand that but if Dwight is making it seem he will do the Lakers a solid and get his extra money to go to Golden State shouldn't the rockets then make their own offer?

Melo sort of did the same thing to the Knicks because he wanted his money...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Sign and Trades can't net players extra money now right?

Zeus Molecules

No.

I think the new CBA killed that.

Ahh cool thanks.

then I guess Dwight just might like GS.

To be fair they do have the best 3 point shooting team to open the paint for him the way he needs to operate. And while curry is a star he is still so new to that role Dwight could definitely make GS his team quickly, while Harden in his own way has made the rockets his own already.

Hell rockets could still get J smoove as well and still come out this off season stronger.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
how come the Bulls never ask Boozer to go recuiting for them? He could probably convince anyone.
Recruiting? LMA wants to come to the damn team. The Bulls are the ones saying no.

And NBA players from Westbrook to Howard love Booz. Apparently, he's very generous with his money, and tends to pick up the tab when they hang out. You saw that he's taking Nate's family to the Bahamas.

Zeus Molecules

Recruiting? LMA wants to come to the damn team. The Bulls are the ones saying no.

And NBA players from Westbrook to Howard love Booz. Apparently, he's very generous with his money, and tends to pick up the tab when they hang out. You saw that he's taking Nate's family to the Bahamas.

Only people who don't like boozer are bull's fans and prince

Top Bottom