• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

SamuraiX-

I think you'll be satisfied with Lopez defensively. Haven't really watched him since he left Phoenix though, so not sure if his offensive game developed at all. He was incredibly raw.

So, about them guards:

PG - Greivis Vasquez / Isaiah Thomas / Ray McCallum
SG - Marcus Thornton / Ben McLemore / Jimmer Fredette
SF - John Salmons / Travis Outlaw
PF - Jason Thompson / Patrick Patterson
C - DeMarcus Cousins / Chuck Hayes

All six of those guys at the PG/SG positions deserve minutes, imo. Especially all three guys at the PG position... I really hope we're looking at trade options for Marcus Thornton. He's going to horribly restrict development of Ben and Jimmer. And with both Vasquez and Isaiah, I feel like McCallum will never get minutes. :(

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Robin averaged 11.3PPG/53.4FG%/77.8FT% in 26MPG for NOH last season. He played and started all 82 games, too. I'll take it.

I think you'll be satisfied with Lopez defensively. Haven't really watched him since he left Phoenix though, so not sure if his offensive game developed at all. He was incredibly raw.

So, about them guards:

PG - Greivis Vasquez / Isaiah Thomas / Ray McCallum
SG - Marcus Thornton / Ben McLemore / Jimmer Fredette
SF - John Salmons / Travis Outlaw
PF - Jason Thompson / Patrick Patterson
C - DeMarcus Cousins / Chuck Hayes

All six of those guys at the PG/SG positions deserve minutes, imo. Especially all three guys at the PG position... I really hope we're looking at trade options for Marcus Thornton. He's going to horribly restrict development of Ben and Jimmer. And with both Vasquez and Isaiah, I feel like McCallum will never get minutes. :(

You need to get rid of Salmons.

Fuck that guy

/irrational hatred of dude

Robin averaged 11.3PPG/53.4FG%/77.8FT% in 26MPG for NOH last season. He played and started all 82 games, too. I'll take it.

At least he's an actual center unlike Hickson.

reilo

At least he's an actual center unlike Hickson.

Right.

Which leaves Portland's front-court with guys that are 6'11, 7', 7'2, 7' and 6'9.

And the 6'9 guy is a back-up, imagine that!

That is fantastic.

Portland is getting T-Rob and Lopez by giving up nothing. I approve.

reilo

how is Robin regarded defensively?

That's what I'm trying to find out, I have no idea. The caveat is that he played for the Suns and Hornets his entire career, so that makes him even more difficult to judge defensively.

SamuraiX-

You need to get rid of Salmons.

Fuck that guy

/irrational hatred of dude

#irrationalhatebros

He looked ok toward the end of last season, but I still want him gone. We keep playing him at SF because we have no other options and that's just dumb. Honestly, if we would amnesty him and still get away with being over the minimum salary threshold, then I would do it in a heartbeat.

Meh, whatever.

SamuraiX-

Why did you think the Kings would be getting something for Lopez?

Since when did trades in the NBA have to make any sense? lol

Congrats though. Kings dodge a bullet and Portland doesn't have to start J.J. Hickson.

UYIHghk.png

rofl

mhi

That's what I'm trying to find out, I have no idea. The caveat is that he played for the Suns and Hornets his entire career, so that makes him even more difficult to judge defensively.

Slow footed but he otherwise positions well.

#irrationalhatebros

He looked ok toward the end of last season, but I still want him gone. We keep playing him at SF because we have no other options and that's just dumb. Honestly, if we would amnesty him and still get away with being over the minimum salary threshold, then I would do it in a heartbeat.

Meh, whatever.

I hate Salmons for specific reasons.

First, he shot us out of a game. and then got mad when people called his bitchass out on it (Iverson apparently was about to kick his ass too). then when fucker is a free agent we were gonna sign and trade his ass to the Raps for a draft pick but he didn't want to go because God said no.

fuck him.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That's actually not a bad contract for Al...

just not the right move for the Cats at this point, IMO.

but then again...Mullens

I don't think anyone other than myself, LoJ, you, and a few others truly realize how integral Mullens' Cancer and our lack of bigs was to the tank last year.

Either way... this pretty much makes it clear that we're gonna try and build up some momentum leading to the rebrand at the end of the year. You don't even need to be .500 to make the playoffs in the East so there's that. We still got Detroit's pick along with Portland's so we'll have options in the draft going forward too.

reilo

Tank tank tank in a year when Bennett goes #1 and then make a playoff push with Wiggins and Parker waiting.

That makes sense.

I don't think anyone other than myself, LoJ, you, and a few others truly realize how integral Mullens' Cancer and our lack of bigs was to the tank last year.

Either way... this pretty much makes it clear that we're gonna try and build up some momentum leading to the rebrand at the end of the year.

It takes a special player to make Lavoy Allen look like God

rinse82

:lol the same rudy that was valued at villanueva+stuckey expirings by the pistons?

Initial low-ball offer from Dumars is definitely the barometer at which Gay's value should be determined.

Well, 'Cats need to surround Al with some players if they're doing this. Rudy is available.

DY_nasty

Tank tank tank in a year when Bennett goes #1 and then make a playoff push with Wiggins and Parker waiting.

That makes sense.

We still got two 1st round picks not including our own

and its funny that you bring up the draft considering you didn't even know what conference your franchise PG was from...

thekad

Banned

and its funny that you bring up the draft considering you didn't even know what conference your franchise PG was from...

Top 8 protected and top 12 protected while your best player is Al Jefferson on a 3 year contract...uhhh

reilo

C'mon man, diehard trolls better than that. You're off your game lately.

Bread

Banned
Initial low-ball offer from Dumars is definitely the barometer at which Gay's value should be determined.

Well, 'Cats need to surround Al with some players if they're doing this. Rudy is available.
Yea and he's obviously worth a top young talent and a pick... I know you guys love your new GM but temper your expectations damn

DY_nasty

C'mon man, diehard trolls better than that. You're off your game lately.

I like how all of your responses to stuff like this is YOU DIDNT MAKE ME LAUGH TRY AGAIN

You're a discount ryutaro's mama at this point lol
Top 8 protected and top 12 protected while your best player is Al Jefferson on a 3 year contract...uhhh
If we amnesty Tyrus (or not. it really doesn't matter), that leave him as the primary effect on our cap floor once BG leaves. That leaves a lot of room to work next year.

Also, it ties in with the times that we'll be needing to re-sign the younger guys. Its pretty clear that the signing was meant to do 2 things. Get us out of the absolute cellar while we're going through with the rebrand and putting us in an extremely flexible position within the new CBA.

linsivvi

Since when did trades in the NBA have to make any sense? lol

Congrats though. Kings dodge a bullet and Portland doesn't have to start J.J. Hickson.

UYIHghk.png

rofl

Awesome. Now if only they can keep Kobe on the sideline until the allstar break. Kobe needs to spend more time with his daughters.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Honestly who the fuck is gonna trade for Royce White? I can't think of any team stupid enough besides the Knicks.

#bewell Knicks fans :p

reilo

I like how all of your responses to stuff like this is YOU DIDNT MAKE ME LAUGH TRY AGAIN

You're a discount ryutaro's mama at this point lol

You just signed Al Jefferson to $13mil/yr and you tried making me feel bad for something about Damian Lillard? Yeah, you win that one bro.

And what happened to tank tank tank?

rinse82

Yea and he's obviously worth a top young talent and a pick... I know you guys love your new GM but temper your expectations damn

I'm prepared to expect anything, we just traded Turdnani for more than a bag of golfballs.

Too bad Dolan doesn't own the Bobcats too.

You just signed Al Jefferson to $13mil/yr and you tried making me feel bad for something about Damian Lillard? Yeah, you win that one bro.

It may potentially get worse!

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 13m
Quick math suggests this Big Al contract likely requires use of amnesty on Tyrus Thomas, for whom CHA still owes CHI a 1st-round pick.

thekad

Banned
You'd have a lot more cap room without spending $13m on a mediocre player.

Jeffrey threatened to fire Cho so now DY and co. are back on the mediocrity treadmill and pretending to be happy to be there.

DY_nasty

No. I'm talking about how you're saying that the only guys worth drafting are the big names when your franchise PG came from basically nowhere.

Next year's class is deep - but if we can take advantage of the fact that most teams are swinging for the fences for the most epic tank, then we can take advantage of that. So far that seems to be Cho's plan.

And there are much, much worse ways to spend money. Hell, David West was just signed for 12 mil/yr. Al Jeff wanted 15 mil per for 4 years. I think we did a little better than alright.

Top Bottom