• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Darkman M

I can't see the Lakers being bad enough to be anywhere close to landing Wiggins, Kobe would have to sit out the year for that to be possible.

Omega

Banned
the NBA's problem is that is has 30 teams. There's maybe 3-4 four franchise caliber players and like you said, one star makes the difference. there's just not enough talent for 30 teams which is why 1/3rd of the league tanks

then you have half the league only in it for the money. because why do they care about a championship when you're paying them $7 million a year to sit on the bench for 82 games?

nba has more problems than the current draft system.

rando14

The contracts getting thrown around this offseason really are insane. I'm so glad the Wizards are still paying Blatche to play for us.

tumblr_mkuhxoGXzu1qhhubko1_400.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I think the Jefferson signing makes sense. The celts are out of contention, the 6ers are rebuilding and the east is WIDE open for the final few seeds. Jefferson instantly improves their paint presence and is a good veteran to help change the culture. It's a good building block and they're probably hoping for their young guys to take more steps forward.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m
San Antonio is engaged in serious talks with free agent Marco Belinelli, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Hmm. I think that could be a pretty good pick up for us.

He's a decent ball handler, not as good of a three pointer as some of your other guys, but serviceable. I'll miss him, but one thing that drove me crazy about him is that sometimes he's careless with the ball and commits turnovers, but not as bad as Manu did in the Finals.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I can't see the Lakers being bad enough to be anywhere close to landing Wiggins, Kobe would have to sit out the year for that to be possible.
As long as they don't make the playoffs, they have as good a chance as anybody. I mean, it's not like having the worst record actually makes a difference in the drawing.

lupinko

Isn't Kobe going to be out for a long time tho? And Stern will probably rig the draft along with Mitch pulling off some voodoo magic or jedi-mind trick or something.

charsace

That's it? $3M? They said he would be wayyyyy out of the Bulls price range? The fuck is the Bulls price range, then?

Minimum. The owner doesn't really care that much about the Bulls. I remember him saying he would have traded Jordan's titles to win the World Series. That's when I realized just how lucky Bulls fans are that Jordan became the leagues cash cow because I don't think the owner would have spent money on the them for all those years if Jordan wasn't.

i wonder how shitty the bulls would be if thibs wasnt the coach. i feel like hes able to get the most out of any players even though he tends to burn them out over the season.

Branduil

It's pretty sad when the guy who's paying $180 million a year for a team that won't even make the Finals is the good owner in the city.

Better than having to defend Dolan's dumbassery year in and year out while pretending that I like what he puts on the floor.

Who in their right mind defends James Dolan? There's not a real Knicks fan out here that likes him, especially after that whole Isiah fiasco.

another cool thing about cavs picking up EC6 is that it gives us a better chance of keeping cope alive

The same Copeland that can't rebound, dribble, and defend? This team hasn't improve not one bit. They gambled on Bargnani to be a semblance of what he use to be, which was nothing to begin with.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
the Bulls are cheap as shit. You of all people should know this.
Oh, I know. I know.

Just pointing it out.

Minimum. The owner doesn't really care that much about the Bulls. I remember him saying he would have traded Jordan's titles to win the World Series. That's when I realized just how lucky Bulls fans are that Jordan became the leagues cash cow because I don't think the owner would have spent money on the them for all those years if Jordan wasn't.
You hear this, people?

The same Copeland that can't rebound, dribble, and defend? This team hasn't improve not one bit. They gambled on Bargnani to be a semblance of what he use to be, which was nothing to begin with.

he can still score. plus, what are our options exactly? we cant really do shit.

hopefully he can become at least a serviceable rebounder over the course of the season.

he can still score. plus, what are our options exactly? we cant really do shit.

hopefully he can become at least a serviceable rebounder over the course of the season.

There's no way this team wins 50+ games again next year. The book is already out on them. Take away the 3 and let Carmelo beat himself up.

There's no way this team wins 50+ games again next year. The book is already out on them.

maybe not but no one thought wed get as far as we did last season with our old and moldy roster. at best, second round exits for the next few years. im cool with that considering short of a miracle, theres nothing we can do. i have come to accept this fate

trading for Bargnani gets rid of needing Cope

would rather spend that money somewhere else

what are our options?

You hear this, people?

I'm well aware of that quote. I root for Chicago teams because I was born in the area. I root for the city of Chicago, not the Reinsdorfs, McCaskeys, or Rickets for that matter. As cheap as Reinsdorf is, the Bulls will still be better than the Nets and the Knicks next season.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 4m
Strong indications today that NBA Finals hero Gary Neal will NOT be back with San Antonio. Which is why Spurs moved so fast on Belinelli

:/ I'll be sad to see Neal go, but we have a log jam at SG/PG. WOuld like to get a decent back up SF for Kawhi

Does anyone else think it's weird we haven't heard a single thing about Dallas' pitch to Dwight?

Maybe they don't want to embarrass themselves by kissing his ass just to have him sign with Houston. Dwight should be smart enough to realize Cuban's reputation, the championship they won a few years ago, and the way Dallas goes after big names.

Top Bottom