• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

thekad

Banned
Holiday/Gordon/Evans/Anderson/Davis is an interesting team if Gordon starts trying again. I wonder if Monty will actually start playing Davis at center now though.

Omega

Banned
Holiday/Gordon/Evans/Anderson/Davis is an interesting team if Gordon starts trying again. I wonder if Monty will actually start playing Davis at center now though.

interesting team? that's an 8th seed at best. why even bother?

i feel like some GMs are just avid 2K players and that's how they build their teams.

thekad

Banned

i feel like some GMs are just avid 2K players and that's how they build their teams.

Nah, a lot of things have to break right for them (Holiday getting better, Gordon returning to form, Evans being okay with the 6th man role), but with Anthony Davis, they'll always have a shot at contending for the playoffs. I can actually see them being a low level contender in a few years if they get lucky and they'll have another chance to blow it up around Davis in four years.

That's a good team if Davis becomes the DPotY next year to go along with probably being a 20-11 guy per 36 minutes, but they would be a good team regardless of who they signed if Davis ascends to that level. No idea why they're planning on keeping Gordon when they desperately need a SF who can make threes and defend.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

GMs would have no job if they stayed pat every year..

making the playoffs is important and profitable for a franchise,

And a young team could grow into a dangerous teams with the right tweaks and experience

SamuraiX-

You haven't seen fuckball until you see a lineup with Reke at the 3.

Gonna laugh my ass off if NOLA actually goes through with bringing a $11M/yr player off the bench as a sixth man and pretend it's the same thing like what the Spurs did with Manu.

At least the Pelicans are building with young dudes.

it sucks to get on the treadmill but it only truly suck when you are own it with dudes nearing their twilight years (Us with Brand, the Bobcats with JAAAX,).. The hope is the Playoffs gets guys better and one of your youth (Davis most likely) takes a major step forward.

The issue is that they are in the West..so it's gonna be tough.

GMs would have no job if they stayed pat every year..

making the playoffs is important and profitable for a franchise,

And a young team could grow into a dangerous teams with the right tweaks and experience

But they barely improved outside of adding Tyreke Evans. JRue isn't better than Vasquez, especially when you consider the terrible fit of JRue and Reke, and they had to give up a potential star and a ton of cap space to get JRue.

And their moves are going to have almost no impact on the team next year. How good the Pelicans are next year is completely dependent on how good Anthony Davis is defensively since they were already a good offensive team and they haven't added any defenders this offseason.

Omega

Banned
You root for the Knicks lmao.

because I've been a Knicks fan since I was 5 and see no point in switching teams now. I've had 10+ years to switch teams. If I put up with the Isiah era, trading away our entire team for a star who can barely make it past the first, etc. trading for Bargnani isn't going to make me switch.

you "root" for a team that couldn't even beat an injured Bulls squad and thinks two way past their prime players who haven't been good since 2010 is somehow going to make them a contender. You also bandwagoned onto a team that has Billy King as it's GM. there's nothing else that really needs to be said. Knux can tell you how bad he is if you don't know

Blackace

You haven't seen fuckball until you see a lineup with Reke at the 3.

Gonna laugh my ass off if NOLA actually goes through with bringing a $11M/yr player off the bench as a sixth man and pretend it's the same thing like what the Spurs did with Manu.

Monty Williams is an excellent coach. So if he feels that is best and if Reke buys into it. Not much to laugh about..

thekad

Banned
That's a good team if Davis becomes the DPotY next year to go along with probably being a 20-11 guy per 36 minutes, but they would be a good team regardless of who they signed if Davis ascends to that level. No idea why they're planning on keeping Gordon when they desperately need a SF who can make threes and defend.

I'd rather gamble on Gordon being good for a year than trading him for nothing. They'll be in the lottery again next year so maybe they can pick up a 3&D wing then.

I'd rather gamble on Gordon being good for a year than trading him for nothing. They'll be in the lottery again next year so maybe they can pick up a 3&D wing then.

No, the 76ers have their pick next year. I think they'll be a 6 seed next year, just because I believe a huge amount in Davis, but this is going to be a repeat of Dwight in Orlando.

Blackace

But they barely improved outside of adding Tyreke Evans. JRue isn't better than Vasquez, especially when you consider the terrible fit of JRue and Reke, and they had to give up a potential star and a ton of cap space to get JRue.

And their moves are going to have almost no impact on the team next year. How good the Pelicans are next year is completely dependent on how good Anthony Davis is defensively since they were already a good offensive team and they haven't added any defenders this offseason.

Holiday is a great defender at the 1... something Vasquez was not. I really think Vasquez is a bit overrated, like Lin was a couple of seasons ago. (not that bad)

It all depends on EG imo.. If he wants to play for NOLA then he will help stretch the floor for Holiday and Reke

rinse82

Jrue is a shit ton better than Grevis.

I agree with everything else you said.

because I've been a Knicks fan since I was 5 and see no point in switching teams now. I've had 10+ years to switch teams. If I put up with the Isiah era, trading away our entire team for a star who can barely make it past the first, etc. trading for Bargnani isn't going to make me switch.

you "root" for a team that couldn't even beat an injured Bulls squad and thinks two way past their prime players who haven't been good since 2010 is somehow going to make them a contender. You also bandwagoned onto a team that has Billy King as it's GM. there's nothing else that really needs to be said. Knux can tell you how bad he is if you don't know

The thing with Billy is that he is a smart guy. Master of insanely large trades and shit. He also had the Larry Brown "fuck rookies trade them bitches" taint on him ...but then Larry left and he made the Webber trade.

Billy is crazy shortsighted which in theory should work for the Nyets but once it doesn't...you are basically fucked since you traded a ton of assets...like if in a few years after KG and Pierce leave and no one is there to sign, those picks all of a sudden could be really good or at least late lottery...then what?

He goes all in...on bad bets.

thekad

Banned
No, the 76ers have their pick next year. I think they'll be a 6 seed next year, just because I believe a huge amount in Davis, but this is going to be a repeat of Dwight in Orlando.

Oh yeah, I forgot how dumb that trade was :lol

Well, they still have room to improve. They'll just have to gamble on Gordon and Holiday which is reasonable I think.

Blackace

They need a long range SF... Then they will have that Magic formula

What about a SF that used to be able to do those things? Gordon to the Mavs for Marion when Cubes misses out on Dwight.

Forever

Banned

You sound mad. Shouldn't throw stones in a glass house is all I'm sayin. Talkin about building off 2K and shit. Have you seen the Knicks roster for next season?

Jrue is either mad overrated or it was due to our bigs being gdlk...

but dude got burned by Teague and Jennings...and made Jeremy Pargo look like a legit NBA starter.

Blackace

Jrue is either mad overrated or it was due to our bigs being gdlk...

but dude got burned by Teague and Jennings...and made Jeremy Pargo look like a legit NBA starter.

Teague is AI fast...

Jennings is no slouch also

Pargo is a legit Knicks starting PG

Omega

Banned
You sound mad. Shouldn't throw stones in a glass house is all I'm sayin. Talkin about building off 2K and shit. Have you seen the Knicks roster for next season?

I'm not mad. I know what to expect from the Knicks.

We ain't built for 2K either. We're just a toy Dolan plays with when he's bored.

Blackace

I just don't remember the last PG he shut down or didn't get cooked by...I think every point guard had great nights against us last year

I like his size, and teamed with Davis I think his D will get so much better

jbug617

Banned
Warriors trying to clear money to sign Dwight according to ESPN. They think they made a good impression on Dwight during their meeting.

SamuraiX-

Monty Williams is an excellent coach. So if he feels that is best and if Reke buys into it. Not much to laugh about..

You want a sixth man to come off the bench to provide the team with a spark of energy, scoring, defense, etc. Reke is capable of providing none of those things. He's a ballstopper and a blackhole when he's asked to play with lesser talent around him.

He belongs in the starting lineup if you want to get the most out of him but because of EG and Jrue, he'd be playing at his worst position.

Essentially, I see no way that Reke can be utilized on that roster without hurting the team.

Blackace

You want a sixth man to come off the bench to provide the team with a spark of energy, scoring, defense, etc. Reke is capable of providing none of those things. He's a ballstopper and a blackhole when he's asked to play with lesser talent around him.

He belongs in the starting lineup if you want to get the most out of him but because of EG and Jrue, he'd be playing at his worst position.

Essentially, I see no way that Reke can be utilized on that roster without hurting the team.

He can score..

thekad

Banned
They have to trade like five players to have cap room for that. They're like 18 million over the cap as it is.
It'll be a sign and trade where they send out Bogut and Rush/Barnes to two separate teams and picks to the Lakers in exchange for Dwight.

Top Bottom