• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Yes! Big Al knocks the cats out of the Wiggins lotto! I can see him in a Suns jersey already :D
except that we always get fucked by the lotto :(
we're well past due, dammit!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
With Kevin Martin and Harden gone, OKC should go after Rivers. Perk for Rivers, who says no?

If Charlotte is willing to give Jefferson $14million a year for 3 then someone will take Biedrins expiring.

The value of an expiring is to send back long term contracts. Warriors don't want that. Only thing Warriors can do is package in 1st round picks.

They're at like $71 million without Landry and Jack. They'd have to shed roughly $35 million to max dwight. They can only trade 3 first rounders, cannot take any money back at all, and must trade to a team under the cap in each deal.

I don't think this is possible in any realistic sense.

thekad

Banned
The value of an expiring is to send back long term contracts. Warriors don't want that. Only thing Warriors can do is package in 1st round picks.

They're at like $71 million without Landry and Jack. They'd have to shed roughly $35 million to max dwight. They can only trade 3 first rounders, cannot take any money back at all, and must trade to a team under the cap in each deal.

I don't think this is possible in any realistic sense.

It'll be a sign and trade where they send out Bogut and Rush/Barnes to two separate teams and picks to the Lakers in exchange for Dwight.

It's difficult, but very possible. They'll have a three first round picks and plenty of 2nd round picks to play with to make it possible.

It's difficult, but very possible. They'll have a three first round picks and plenty of 2nd round picks to play with to make it possible.

In a 3 team trade with the Lakers it's doable. But the article talks about signing him outright.

I don't see any possible way they sign him outright. No way they shed $35 million in horrible players.

If they were to send Klay/Barnes to Lakers and Lee/Bogut to a 3rd team, that's different.

Lakers will not take anything back but those 2 players and maybe Rush. They ain't paying $80 it would take to do a 2 teamer.

edit: They might be willing to pay that for Curry, of course.

B.O.O.M

Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA 1m

Portland will send Jeff Withey to Pelicans as part of 3-team deal, league source tells Y!

yeah I hate this fucking move...wtf

I thought Dwight would go to Houston. I still think that but I just want this to finish. if he goes to GS and Lakers get Klay or Barnes out of it without taking on other salary, at least it's something back.

Please make your decision tomorrow, Dwight, so at least this part is over.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AlexKennedyNBA: Hey Golden State Warriors, this is why you don't use your one-time amnesty provision on Charlie Bell.

thekad

Banned
Honestly, it's looking like the Warriors or Rockets. It depends on other teams, including the Lakers cooperating, but the Warriors seem like choice #1.

As a Mavs fan, I'm feeling pretty low on Dwight coming here right now. I felt a bit better until the whole GS thing that they are reporting on recently. They probably got word from Dan that Dwight wants to go there, so they are doing what they can do to make space.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
SpearsNBAYahoo
Kings GM D'Alessandro, coach Malone & @Vivek close friend & ex-NBA player Junior Bridgeman visited DeMarcus Cousins in Mobile, Ala., on Wed.

While a contract extension solidifies it, Kings GM Pete D'Alessandro told Y! Sports he is confident in DeMarcus Cousins as face of franchise

lol.

rando14

SpearsNBAYahoo
Kings GM D'Alessandro, coach Malone & @Vivek close friend & ex-NBA player Junior Bridgeman visited DeMarcus Cousins in Mobile, Ala., on Wed.

While a contract extension solidifies it, Kings GM Pete D'Alessandro told Y! Sports he is confident in DeMarcus Cousins as face of franchise

lol.

demarcus-cousins-o.gif

Like I said 10 or so pages back, it feels like we are gonna come out of this FA mostly empty handed...absolutely nothing coming out of Dallas atm...

Yeah, the problem is, I don't really know of any other players out there that I would want if we don't get Dwight. None really that I can think of who would have that much of an impact at least... Tank, here we come!

SamuraiX-

He can score..

If you're bringing Reke off the bench in a role where you expect him to put up points on a consistent basis, you're just asking disappointment. His idea of creating offense is iso dribble for 10 seconds, drive in traffic for a heavily contested layup or kicking it out to a guy who's never open. His game is very predictable and stupid easy to defend. If his jumper somehow magically improves all of a sudden then maybe there's hope but at this point I see NOLA already looking to move that contract halfway into next season.

Remember that time the Warriors used their amnesty on Charlie Bell so they could offer sheet Deandre Jordan.

Laughed my ass off then.

Still laughing my ass off now.

Good times.

You'll need to wait for an eternity to find a dumber instance of using of that clause.

Branduil

Yeah, the problem is, I don't really know of any other players out there that I would want if we don't get Dwight. None really that I can think of who would have that much of an impact at least... Tank, here we come!

Best chance will be in lopsided trades. Once the Dwightmare is over the Mavs can concentrate on trying to get players like Rondo and Gortat.

Best chance will be in lopsided trades. Once the Dwightmare is over the Mavs can concentrate on trying to get players like Rondo and Gortat.

yeah, that'd be a good place to start. Just not my ideal situation, of course. It just feels like they won't be able to get any FA's coming out in 2014 with how they have missed out on the two big free agents the past years.

Top Bottom