• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

h3ro

new-york-knicks-chauncey-billups-shouts-to-his-teammates-during-the-second-quarter-in-game-1-of-a-first-round-nba-playoff-basketball-series-against-the-boston-celtics-in-boston-on-sund1.jpeg

Stop right there!

Tyson is awesome.

SamuraiX-

new-york-knicks-chauncey-billups-shouts-to-his-teammates-during-the-second-quarter-in-game-1-of-a-first-round-nba-playoff-basketball-series-against-the-boston-celtics-in-boston-on-sund1.jpeg

Stop right there!

To me that didn't even come close.

Warriors amnestied a $4M expiring guy. Knicks amnestied a $14M expiring guy.

Both teams used their clauses in order make room for acquiring DeAndre Jordan or Tyson Chandler.

Knicks got Tyson Chandler. Warriors got fucking NO ONE.

Warriors also still had Biedrins on contract for however many years on a stupid amount of money. And yeah, Knicks still had Amar''''''e but you can't blame them for not wanting to blow it up after only two years.

Ugh

Resilient

Best chance will be in lopsided trades. Once the Dwightmare is over the Mavs can concentrate on trying to get players like Rondo and Gortat.

yeah, that'd be a good place to start. Just not my ideal situation, of course. It just feels like they won't be able to get any FA's coming out in 2014 with how they have missed out on the two big free agents the past years.

Agreed. This Dwight shit has just set us back when we ahould have gone after other players that at least seemed interested. Shame Dirks final good years may be wasted in a tank.

giri

That's because we've never had one.

Figures

the whole point is that they want it to be curry-klay-barnes-dwight. They aren't trading those to anyone but LA if need be.

Except that Dwight is enough of an upgrade at C to downgrade at 2 other starting spots. So i doubt the GSW give that up to LAL at all.

The entire suns medical staff did

P.Much.

I actually believe we'll be saying the same about noel in 2 years. But we'll see, i don't wish that evil upon any team or player.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I really don't see Dwight landing at GSW. LA won't do a S&T. At this point it's either the Lakers, Rockets or Mavs.

Yep.

I remember us all laughing when the Knicks paid him 5/100.

I remember being terrified of the Heat being potentially stuck with Rudy Gay, Carlos SoulPlaya, and Amare Stoudemire, or Joe Johnson

Thankfully the Don got 'em all

Uninsured.

And they were still thinking they were gonna land Wade or LBJ at the time too.
CHICAGO - The first person to jump out of Dwyane Wade's black Suburban before his meeting with the Knicks began at 10:05 a.m. Friday was a bald cameraman. Then, another passenger appeared with a boom microphone in hand. Only when his every step into the Peninsula Hotel could be recorded did Wade walk through the revolving door.
"I'm in a New York state of mind," said Wade, a Chicago product.

lulz

Pkaz01

P.Much.

I actually believe we'll be saying the same about noel in 2 years. But we'll see, i don't wish that evil upon any team or player.

There were rumors about flagging him for his knee but who knows. I don't think they had enough time to really get all that information.

The rumors all came from terrible sources (NBADraft.net) and every good source said that all the doctors Noel checked with cleared him. Seriously, those guys also reported Valanciunas was never going to come to the NBA, they just make shit up.

Pkaz01

The rumors all came from terrible sources (NBADraft.net) and every good source said that all the doctors Noel checked with cleared him. Seriously, those guys also reported Valanciunas was never going to come to the NBA, they just make shit up.

Yea I always thought it was more likely because noel didnt even bother to work out with them and McLemore didn't give a shit during the workout when he did so they passed on both.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If Dwight wants GSW and the Lakers won't let him go, I expect we'll hear about it in the press.

And? Mitch is supposed to give a shit?

Lakers aren't going to do a sign and trade and take back salary. The only way a Warriors / Lakers deal happens is if they get a 3rd team involved.

Branduil

This just in, multiple sources confirm Dwight Howard has been involved in a secret government cloning project. DwightAlpha, DwightBeta, DwightGamma, and DwightDelta all intend to announce which team they will sign with tomorrow.

pilonv1

I like that the Warriors winning a coin toss with Toronto for the Barnes pick is a major part of them being able to chase Dwight

Vahagn

Lakers Warriors deal means deal between Kupchak and West.

West could be calling Mitch as we speak going "you owe me one on that Pau deal"

And they both could be working together to fuck over McHale.

I can see it happening

Forever

Banned
Now you're getting me all excited. He said he'll decide by Friday right? He's not just going to flake on that right? Right?

pilonv1

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 14m
If Dwight Howard re-signs with the Lakers, I expect Jose Calderon to join L.A. as well so he can play with Howard and his buddy Pau Gasol.
Expand

Alex Kennedy Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 19m
Yes, it's random. But I'm just passing it along.

Alex Kennedy Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 20m
It's no coincidence that when Dwight Howard to Houston rumors started heating up, there was a subsequent Jeremy Lin for Jose Calderon rumor.

Alex Kennedy Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 21m
Dwight Howard respects Jose Calderon's game, per a source. He thinks they'd play well together since Calderon is a good facilitator/shooter.

Alex Kennedy Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 24m
I'm told Dwight Howard and Jose Calderon are interested in playing together. Calderon may wait for Howard to make a decision before signing.

This is getting bizarre

Just thought I'd throw this out there. What if Cleveland were to wind up with the number one overall pick again next year? Not saying it will happen -- obviously -- but what would the reaction be on this board with the obvious choice?

I like that the Warriors winning a coin toss with Toronto for the Barnes pick is a major part of them being able to chase Dwight

Raps still would have taken Ross because lolcolangelo.

That said, amnestying Charlie Bell prevented Dwight is much funnier to think about.

Calderon rumor is weird, what with Nash here. Lakers need help on the wings more than anything should Dwight return (or not, really).

h3ro

The entire suns medical staff did
P.Much.

Yep.

I remember us all laughing when the Knicks paid him 5/100.
Uninsured.

And they were still thinking they were gonna land Wade or LBJ at the time too.
But I was being sarcastic. :|

Raps still would have taken Ross because lolcolangelo.

That said, amnestying Charlie Bell prevented Dwight is much funnier to think about.

Calderon rumor is weird, what with Nash here. Lakers need help on the wings more than anything should Dwight return (or not, really).

The Warriors pick would have gone to the Jazz if the Warriors lost that coin flip.

giri

The places i read the stuff about Phx concerns over Noels knees were quoting from suns people on draft night. So i'm not sure its made up. PHX really wanted none of his knee troubles.

Top Bottom