• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Pimpwerx

"Kobe, Pau, Nash? Nah. What'll really put us over the top is Jose Calderon."

Yeah...somehow I don't see that sentence being uttered by anyone. PEACE.

Omega

Banned
I feel like Dwight is going to troll everyone and pick some random ass team that hasn't even been in the discussion

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
sure, but the warriors have to take money back. Who has nearly $25 million in cap space to take 2 of those without giving salary back?

... Rockets ... Dallas ... They don't need to offload all players to the same team.

... Rockets ... Dallas ... They don't need to offload all players to the same team.

But they only have a few 1st rounders to part with. Who is going to take each 1 for just 1 late 1st rounder? Biedrens is $9 mil for like the 25th+ pick. Bogut is still useful so I can definitely see that one. Then RJef is the same as Biedrens.

I'd imagine they have teams willing to trade for say RJef + 2 or 3 1st rounders. But to do 3 separate deals without being able to trade infinite 1st rounders and such a high salary seems unlikely.

Plus, houston and dallas are not helping GSW get Dwight. Not sure who else that leaves outside the 1 deal for Bogut. That's why i combined them.

But they only have a few 1st rounders to part with. Who is going to take each 1 for just 1 late 1st rounder? Biedrens is $9 mil for like the 25th+ pick. Bogut is still useful so I can definitely see that one. Then RJef is the same as Biedrens.

I'd imagine they have teams willing to trade for say RJef + 2 or 3 1st rounders. But to do 3 separate deals without being able to trade infinite 1st rounders and such a high salary seems unlikely.

Plus, houston and dallas are not helping GSW get Dwight. Not sure who else that leaves outside the 1 deal for Bogut. That's why i combined them.

I bet they could do it if they shipped out Barnes. To Utah maybe. The question is would Dwight still want to come there without Barnes.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Howard is not going to be traded to GS. I'll bet money on that.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
morey coming off more desperate that the Lakers all of a sudden.

https://twitter.com/dmorey

lol that's Morey being Morey. He actually has a sense of humor. Ever hear an interview with him or see some of his old tweets.

He's joking around lol Interesting background music.

Matrix

dang not the real Royce lol

nm

pilonv1

It would be a shame if the warriors traded their young and fast paced team for Dwight.

The idea is that they keep their young players (Barnes, Curry, Thompson, Green, Ezili). They'd be trading Jefferson (33), Biedrins (27 going on 45) and Bogut (28), or even Rush (27).

Stein:

It was a particularly uncomfortable holiday for the Los Angeles Lakers, sources told ESPN.com, as fears mount within the organization that Howard's current employers could have fallen to as low as fourth in his pecking order.

Sources close to the situation stressed that the famously fickle Howard -- deliberating at a hideaway in Aspen, Colo. -- still was undecided about choosing between the Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, Golden State Warriors, Atlanta Hawks and incumbent Lakers. Yet, there were indications late Thursday that Lakers officials, already bracing for the worst, had begun to rethink their long-held position of ruling out sign-and-trade options in the event Howard decides to bolt to one of L.A.'s rivals.

One source briefed on the Lakers' thinking told ESPN.com that, if the extra fifth year and nearly $30 million they can offer Howard isn't enough to hold off the competition, they would be forced to "look at everything."
Three executives with rival teams, furthermore, told ESPN.com on Thursday that they likewise see Golden State as capable of trading away Bogut, Jefferson and Biedrins, if necessary, as long as the Warriors are willing to attach assets to the respective deals that help the cap-room teams taking on those three contracts to either come away with good young talent or improve their prospects for the 2014 NBA draft that has teams leaguewide so excited

pilonv1

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m

Lakers still have fifth year & extra $30M no one else can offer, but evidence mounting LA bracing for worst w/HOU, DAL & GSW in hot pursuit

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m

Story w/@ramonashelburne, via ESPN sources, has Lakers conceding for first time sign-and-trades must be considered if Dwight indeed bolts

bubububububu the Lakers wont trade Dwight, they'll let him walk!!

Wonder if the Lakers would hold on to Asik or move him to a third-party for picks. Asik makes any team at least average on defense regardless of supporting cast and that really ruins any chances of solid tanking.

The places i read the stuff about Phx concerns over Noels knees were quoting from suns people on draft night. So i'm not sure its made up. PHX really wanted none of his knee troubles.

Where are these from? All I've seen is the NBADraft.net stuff.

bubububububu the Lakers wont trade Dwight, they'll let him walk!!

Nobody said that. We said they won't take Bogut/Biedrens/Lee/RJ's contract on just to get Barnes. If there's a 3rd team involved, sure.

I don't know any of us that commented on Lin or Asik. I honestly don't know what the Lakers would do there.

Matrix

Giving the Lakers Lin and Asik... wtf

I don't believe any of this shit.

Matrix

If you give the Lakers Asik, you can then sign Josh Smith outright if Atlanta doesn't want Asik.

Morey has to move Asik if Houston gets Dwight, anyway.

It's still dumb since we can sign Howard out right without moving those pieces if we don't have to or for more than just Smith in different trades.

Rockets just make the Lakers better.

It's still dumb since we can sign Howard out right without moving those pieces if we don't have to or for more than just Smith in different trades.

Rockets just make the Lakers better.

They are trying to pair Josh Smith with Howard, it may be easier for them to sign and trade for Howard and sign Smith than to sign Howard and then sign and trade for Smith.

pilonv1

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m

Three rival execs told ESPN tonight they think that Warriors ARE capable of trading Bogut, Jefferson and Biedrins if LA won't sign-and-trade

gifthatgotmambabanned.gif

Is Golden State even under the luxury tax right now?

including cap holds, no. Like $85 million. Without Jack and Landry it's close, like $74-76 million.

gifthatgotmambabanned.gif

It's all posturing to put pressure on lakers. We see this time and again. Sources lie all the time. You're not unloading all 3 in separate deals. The article contradicts itself. It says teams will be willing to trade for those guys IF they improve their 2014 lottery OR get back good young pieces (Klay or Barnes). Well, there's only one 2014 draft pick and Warriors say they won't trade either Klay or Barnes. One will have to go to make this work at best.

Matrix

They are trying to pair Josh Smith with Howard, it may be easier for them to sign and trade for Howard and sign Smith than to sign Howard and then sign and trade for Smith.

I feel like this is most likely about Howard wanting that 5th year the Lakers can sign him for as a max player to trade. He wants that extra money no matter where he plays.

It's just hard to imagine Lakers trading with the Warriors or Rockets.

I feel like this is most likely about Howard wanting that 5th year the Lakers can sign him for as a max player to trade. He wants that extra money no matter where he plays.

He cant get the fifth even in a sign and trade. This is mostly GS saying if you pick us, we'll make it work. What's hilarious is that its Mark Jackson that gives them an edge. He's McHale level of shit.

Matrix

He can only get that extra year with the Lakers.

He signs a max 5 year with Lakers, he can't be traded with that contract? huh?

fucking NBA rules changing all the time.

Branduil

Dwight on Golden State would be pretty hilarious. They'd basically trade away half of their team for rich man's Bogut and they'd still have their dumb coach.

Top Bottom