• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

$70.8m without Jack & Landry.

Could also lower it slightly by cutting Machado & Dwayne Jones

You're forgetting the 1st rounder you bought + empty slot cap holds. edit: I never included those 2 players btw.

He signs a max 5 year with Lakers, he can't be traded with that contract? huh?

fucking NBA rules changing all the time.

new NBA rules give no benefit to the player for sign + trades. No extra year, no extra bonuses.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thanks for the info. Haven't kept up as much with the new CBA and shit.

I'm so sick of Howard and all the drama shit he brings, pick a damn team already.

Really curious if Doc Rocket (Rockets old insider/source) ends up being right this time. He seems to be 100% confident that Howard is coming to
Houston. Gonna look like a complete fool and vanish forever if he's wrong. Dude has always been cryptic, but he's let loose this time.

https://twitter.com/Thedocrocket

He's shitting on Stein lol

pilonv1

Thanks for the info. Haven't kept up as much with the new CBA and shit.

I'm so sick of Howard and all the drama shit he brings, pick a damn team already.

I just want him to leave the Lakers more than anything. Don't really care where he goes but I'm really warming to him coming to Oakland for Bogut & trash.

Marcus Thompson ‏@gswscribe 1m

If Dwight choses GSW and Lakers agree to sign and trade, Warriors can re-sign Jack and still have mini mid-level

Is this true? Amazing if so

They can leave the first rounder in Europe since he has a buyout anyway, and they already have 13 players under contract so no need for holds.

no landry, jack, and those 2 guys you mentioned + draft pick Euro leaves 2 roster holds. I'm a little off, i double counted the 1st rounder + hold in my guestimate before.

No one knows exactly where they are because the new cap isn't know or minimums and stuff.

The 1st rounder being stashed in Europe doesn't matter. His cap hold stays until the first day of the season.

It's in the $72 million range or so. The discussion doesn't really matter whether they're a LT team right now or not. I was just pointing out with all cap holds they're over and without they're very close.

Edit: Wait, they're definitely above.

Is this true? Amazing if so

Yes. In the right scenario.

pilonv1

no landry, jack, and those 2 guys you mentioned + draft pick Euro leaves 2 roster holds.

I thought cap holds were only for less than 12? Steph, Klay, Barnes, Green, Ezili, Biedrins, Bogut, Lee, Jefferson, Machado, Jones, Rush, Bazemore = 13.

30th pick is $850k, so $72m is probably right on the money.

I thought cap holds were only for less than 12? Steph, Klay, Barnes, Green, Ezili, Biedrins, Bogut, Lee, Jefferson, Machado, Jones, Rush, Bazemore = 13.

30th pick is $850k, so $72m is probably right on the money.

Cap holds are til 13. But again, I said I didn't include Machado + Jones to lower the salary.

It's close.

Actually, it is kind of important. That gwscribe tweet was only in a specific scenario. if GSW is technically over the LT they cannot trade for Dwight, which means no mini-MLE. of course, they can trade for him and get under the LT which means they have the full MLE.

If they are under the LT and trade for him and it puts them over the LT, then they have a hard cap, around $75 million. So if the Dwight trade puts them to $73 million, they do not have a mini-MLE. If it's under $72 mil, then yes.

Again, those numbers aren't perfect. it depends on where the LT is which we won't know til the 9th or 10th, so it's a rough approximation.

edit: I read it as re-sign with the mini-MLE. nevermind. If they're keeping Jack's rights, they have to trade for Dwight and get under the LT to do it. Jack's hold is $8 mil which is large, so they'd have to get well under the LT to be able to sign jack and have a mini MLE since they would be hard-capped after signing Jack.

pilonv1

Yeah, S+T means they keep the MLE. If they go under to sign him then there's no MLE.

Which is kind of important since they need a veteran guard to backup Steph.

Branduil

Yeah, if Golden State receives Dwight in a sign-and-trade, they now have a hard cap they can't exceed, because teams above the luxury tax apron can't receive players in a sign-and-trade.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lmao clutchfans board is so stupid. People believe thekad is a NBA/Rockets insider/source lol

Yeah, S+T means they keep the MLE. If they go under to sign him then there's no MLE.

Which is kind of important since they need a veteran guard to backup Steph.

In order to signs Dwight outright they have renounce Jack.

You also lose your MLE when you go under the cap. If they sign Dwight outright they have to:

1. Trade Biedrens, RJef, Bogut for nothing back

2. renounce landry and jack

3. sign Dwight to max

4. fill out roster with vet minimums.

They can't do what Miami did a few years ago to keep their exceptions.

pilonv1

You also lose your MLE when you go under the cap.

Which is why I think it's all talk to scare the Lakers into making a deal, trying to create space to do it isn't the best route as they can't fill out the roster properly.

Branduil

You also lose your MLE when you go under the cap. If they sign Dwight outright they have to:

1. Trade Biedrens, RJef, Bogut for nothing back

2. renounce landry and jack

3. sign Dwight to max

4. fill out roster with vet minimums.

Yeah, and if they sign-and-trade for Dwight, they'll still have a hard time keeping Jack because they'll be limited by the hard cap.

Matrix

congrats pilon

tumblr_mjvhbxdTht1s8e8ypo1_r1_250.gif

Yeah, and if they sign-and-trade for Dwight, they'll still have a hard time keeping Jack because they'll be limited by the hard cap.

Right, because of his $8 mil cap hold. They'd have to shed salaries to pull that off, regardless.

Which is why I think it's all talk to scare the Lakers into making a deal, trying to create space to do it isn't the best route as they can't fill out the roster properly.

I don't think anyone on the Lakers believe the Warriors could get the cap space. I certainly don't. How are they trade $34 million in salary with only a few late first round picks to dangle?

If Dwight goes to Golden State, they'll be trading Barnes to LA, maybe both Klay and Barnes. I don't see another way around that.

Matrix

I wouldn't wish the Dwightmare on my worst enemies... wait, I don't have to.

haha

Seriously I thought the Rockets were done with him. Honestly I thought it would somehow work out with LA and this was 100% over with once he became a Laker.

Shit ends up being worse than Bron. I was so grossed out by the Bron shit it's why I have my tag.

Branduil

This all feels like Golden State putting on a show to show Dwight they're serious, more than anything else.

Of course, it's Dwight, so that just might work.

GS should fall the fuck back and pass on this headache. I can't imagine Dwight leaving LA to go to fucking Oakland even though The Warriors are moving to SF.

This all feels like Golden State putting on a show to show Dwight they're serious, more than anything else.

Of course, it's Dwight, so that just might work.

That's what I said a few days ago that Warriors were doing this to show themselves to be real players in the future.

But like you said, it's dwight. Personally, I think only a moron walks away from the Lakers for less guaranteed money, but whatever.

I've been resigned to the fact that he's leaving for a while. My money is still on houston. I wouldn't mind getting even just Barnes for him. Only 10 million the next 3 years, doesn't affect 2014 cap space really. + a 2014 first despite being a low pick. Shut down Kobe, trade Nash for a pick, let Pau fuck around.

go into 2014, bring in Lebron, bring in a very good PG by trading Barnes, draft wiggins/parker, keep Kobv and Pau. Run the league again.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Matt Dery @deryNBA
In regards to @KBergCBS report on Lin to Det for Calderon. Hou has liked Jose for a while. PG that will feed Harden and get out of the way

Harden
Parsons
Calderon
Smith
Howard

I said goddamn!

Branduil

Matt Dery @deryNBA
In regards to @KBergCBS report on Lin to Det for Calderon. Hou has liked Jose for a while. PG that will feed Harden and get out of the way

Harden
Parsons
Calderon
Smith
Howard

I said goddamn!

Houston can't get both Calderon and Smith, unless something weird happens.

Matrix

Clutchfans posters...

Originally Posted by rocketpower2 View Post"
thekad if I am not mistaken"

"I think I've heard of him before. Should be legit."

lol wtf have you done Kad.

Matrix

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojiYahooNBA
Dwight Howard plans to make decision live on NBATV at 7 eastern tomorrow night, league sources tell Y!

It's here! HERE.WE.GO!

Top Bottom