• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Branduil

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojiYahooNBA
Dwight Howard plans to make decision live on NBATV at 7 eastern tomorrow night, league sources tell Y!

It's here! THERE.WE.GO!

iUYAnUiRP6TFS.gif

Edit: Wait, this is fake.

Matt Dery @deryNBA
In regards to @KBergCBS report on Lin to Det for Calderon. Hou has liked Jose for a while. PG that will feed Harden and get out of the way

Harden
Parsons
Calderon
Smith
Howard

I said goddamn!

Lot of names there. Too bad you can't trust any of those dudes to win you a game and they play in the same conference as SA, OKC, MEM and the
Clip
show.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Calderon for Lin makes sense Calderon is a better 3 pt shooter..... And pg in general.

Lin needs that mid range/drivw game that won't be there with Dwight sitting in the paint.

Into

“You need to learn how it’s done first, and I can teach you here,” Bryant reportedly told Howard during the Lakers presentation to the free agent.

During the Los Angeles Lakers meeting with free-agent center Dwight Howard, Lakers guard Kobe Bryant had a poignant message for Howard about learning how to become a champion.The longest-tenured Lakers player may have rubbed Howard the wrong way with his presentation.

According to SI

Id love to be a fly on the wall during that meeting, stuff like that should be broadcast on TV, more people would have watched it than the finals.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Trading away Lin makes no sense right now. He hasn't even played two full years in the league yet and half of last season he was still working himself back into form after his knee surgery.

You would have to be full dumb to get rid of a player a year and a half into his career that had a month of success like Linsanity was. Calderon had never had three games in a row that are close to Lin's best games. Never!

Into

So say Dwight goes to Houston, are we going to see papers and sites put the predictable "Houston, we have a problem" all over the place?

I was out of town yesterday and missed out on the Al Jeff news. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. On the one hand we gave him a good contract and didn't overpay, but on the otherhand I seriously doubt we'll be picking in the top 5 next year. Which just plain sucks to be honest. I feel like we'll be able to trade up for the 5th pick possibly if our pick is close and we offer the Detroit pick as well. So there's that I guess. I still think we can get the number 2 guy I wanted if we didn't land Wiggins - James Young. So it's not the end of the world. We're just going to have to give up possibly both of our extra picks to do so.

jjasper

Oden's coming to Memphis. I think at this point it is pretty much scientific fact that Conley was the real star on those teams and he made Oden who he was in high school and college.

I was out of town yesterday and missed out on the Al Jeff news. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. On the one hand we gave him a good contract and didn't overpay, but on the otherhand I seriously doubt we'll be picking in the top 5 next year. Which just plain sucks to be honest. I feel like we'll be able to trade up for the 5th pick possibly if our pick is close and we offer the Detroit pick as well. So there's that I guess. I still think we can get the number 2 guy I wanted if we didn't land Wiggins - James Young. So it's not the end of the world. We're just going to have to give up possibly both of our extra picks to do so.

You couldn't even trade up in this draft for those picks let alone 14...gotta keep the tank hopes alive.

pilonv1

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/k...ap-clearing-efforts-not-solely-tied-to-dwight
One person briefed on Golden State's cap-clearing efforts told CBSSports.com that the team is intent on clearing room regardless of Howard's decision. If Howard says no to Golden State, the Warriors are expected to use the room cleared if successful in moving contracts to chase another max-level free agent such as Denver forward Andre Iguodala, the person said.

Iguodala makes no sense, Josh Smith does though.

You couldn't even trade up in this draft for those picks let alone 14...gotta keep the tank hopes alive.

Considering the dearth of picks available to the Lakers I think we'd be able to trade up with them, the Kings would possibly do it as well. I'm confident we'll be able to find a way to get up to the 5th or 6th pick.

I do wonder about how Smith is going to fit with Dwight and Harden if this happens. Smith's efficiency has really dropped off over the last few years and he's obviously not going to spread the floor for Dwight and those aren't good traits for a 3rd or 4th option on offense. His defense will be very good to great like usual, but it could be weird offensively.

Top Bottom