• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Smokey

I do wonder about how Smith is going to fit with Dwight and Harden if this happens. Smith's efficiency has really dropped off over the last few years and he's obviously not going to spread the floor for Dwight and those aren't good traits for a 3rd or 4th option on offense. His defense will be very good to great like usual, but it could be weird offensively.

Smith isn't a 'morey' player either. He's not efficient at anything except bricking FT's.

I do wonder about how Smith is going to fit with Dwight and Harden if this happens. Smith's efficiency has really dropped off over the last few years and he's obviously not going to spread the floor for Dwight and those aren't good traits for a 3rd or 4th option on offense. His defense will be very good to great like usual, but it could be weird offensively.

They'll be Pacers west with better talent. Defensively they'll crowd the lanes and force outside shots and on offense they'll basically march to the free throw line or get buckets in transition.

They'll definitely frustrate a lot of teams and it doesn't look too clean on paper but it's definitely a formula that would really hurt and tire out a lot of teams.

Shit obviously hits the fan once Harden goes to the bench though.

A D12 Smith front line is no joke defensively. Smith brain just doesn't work on offense.

With the free throw rate that D12 and Harden have in between kicking out to shooters you'd seriously hope dude barely gets any shots outside of transition, finishing oops, slashing open lanes, etc.

From RealGM:

How to become a champion by Kobe Bryant:

-Force your way into the best professional sports organization who just signed Shaq

-Get to work with the best coach in NBA history

-Have the organization continously gift you stars after stars so you can retain your alpha dog status

-Be able to scowl like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_QRuLvP73BI/T ... beface.jpg

-Be willing to take credit even if you do not deserve it

-Be very talkative when the media asks questions about the shortcoming of your teammates

-When reporters ask you questions implying your shortcomings redirect the question with another question, or you could just follow Kobe and say I don't give a ****

-Do things that the crowd pay attention to, including:

Shooting a contested jumper
Going for a layup against a triple team
Making fancy passes with a high chance of committing a turnover
Act like he's paying great attention when he's defending on the ball

-Do not do things that people don't notice, including:

Setting screens
Fighting through screens
Close out on shooters
Act as a spot up shooter
Paying attention when guarding someone off the ball
Execute proper team offense, the crowd doesn't like it when things look easy

-When the team starts to disappoint, proclaim that you are too much of a winner to stay in this organization

-Pretend that you care about charity by announcing a charity event, and hope that people do not remember about you being fined for skipping on one during an all star break

-Always play with minor injuries so people can think you as a warrior, being able to use injury as an excuse for bad performance is a bonus

-Avoid taking charges to preserve your lower back. You do not want to risk a major injury because you want to be in the spotlight as much as possible. Playing with a broken finger or two is simple, playing with a damaged spine isn't

Shame on Howard on not trying to learn from a 5 time winner.

Tom Penny

With the free throw rate that D12 and Harden have in between kicking out to shooters you'd seriously hope dude barely gets any shots outside of transition, finishing oops, slashing open lanes, etc.

His problem is he is basically league average at mid range J's which not a big deal.... but it is when he decides to take the most of them in the entire league lol

KingGondo

Banned
So guys, who else is super-hyped for Pacific Rim now that it got a certified Konex Stamp of Greatness?

Cloudy said:
The trailers look like hot shit. I can't even imagine this movie being good

Pretty sure it's gonna make $1 billion in the US alone and win Best Picture.

linsivvi

So guys, who else is super-hyped for Pacific Rim now that it got a certified Konex Stamp of Greatness?

Pretty sure it's gonna make $1 billion in the US alone and win Best Picture.

Pan's Labyrinth is a masterpiece.

Konex has terrible taste in everything. Back street boys anyone?

Easy choice.

thekad

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA

Holed away in Colorado, the Lakers are still prominent in Dwight Howard's mind, sources tell Y! Rockets remain strong, Warriors lurking.
9:30 AM - 5 Jul 2013

Ugh, I think I'm gonna stay away from the Internet today except to troll clutchfans.

Reports like these are why I question anything we've heard so far. There is no reason to go out of your way to to get Iggy when Harrison Barnes and Brandon Rush are still under contract on your team.

If Iggy is a target the Warriors crosshairs are pointed in the wrong direction.

Neither Harrison or Brandon have a skillset that's even similar to Iggys though. And Barnes probably needs to play PF to maximize his impact on games.

pilonv1

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 33s

Just added to ESPN's latest Dwight story: Sources say Warriors and Jazz have opened talks on trade that would send Andrew Bogut to Jazz

thanks diehard, first for letting us have Barnes and now taking Bogut

I suppose getting rid of those expiring contracts for nothing requires the W's to give up either Barnes or Thompson, which in this case makes acquiring Iggy should they not land Dwight kinda make sense. I really would rather the W's just stand pat at this point. This has shades of 2008 offseason written all over (in their attempt to land KG, we gave up J Rich for Brandon Wright).

methodman

Banned
I suppose getting rid of those expiring contracts for nothing requires the W's to give up either Barnes or Thompson, which in this case makes acquiring Iggy should they not land Dwight kinda make sense. I really would rather the W's just stand pat at this point. This has shades of 2008 offseason written all over (in their attempt to land KG, we gave up J Rich for Brandon Wright).
I hope they don't trade anyone until we are sure we're getting Dwight. Giving up jrich still hurts so bad.

Forever

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 59m

Decisions don't come easy for Howard, nor does disappointing people. There is hope for resolution today, but no assurances.
He's totally going to flake out after promising to decide today. There ain't no stopping this train.

Owzers

You have to think, at least partly, that opting in with the Magic and then leaving halfway through the season has to affect Dwight's decision to leave or stay with LA, another situation he is unhappy with. If he signs with LA again, all the arrested development gifs won't be able to save him.

Bread

Banned
Brad Stevens: "As far as Rondo, I will say this. There is no bigger fan of Rajon Rondo than me."

interesting, maybe stevens can convince him to sit the season out for the good of the tank.

Forever

Banned
Brad Stevens: "As far as Rondo, I will say this. There is no bigger fan of Rajon Rondo than me."

interesting, maybe stevens can convince him to sit the season out for the good of the tank.
Stevens honestly doesn't strike me as a tanker. We'll see.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Like Rondo is enough to get you 30 wins or something

Neither Harrison or Brandon have a skillset that's even similar to Iggys though. And Barnes probably needs to play PF to maximize his impact on games.

Did you watch any of the Warriors playoff games, or are you just throwing ish out there?

How in any way did Harrison's performance imply that he needed to play PF on either side of the ball to be productive?

Did you watch any of the Warriors playoff games, or are you just throwing ish out there?

How in any way did Harrison's performance imply that he needed to play PF on either side of the ball to be productive?

I'll never understand this thought either. Barnes is a legit 3. He played well at the 4 because of the matchups not because he's naturally a better 4.

KingGondo

Banned
Australia's Dante Exum scored 30 points in the second half of the FIBA U-19s against Spain.

DraftExpress moved him up to #3 in the 2014 draft behind Wiggins and Randle. Dayum.

I'd draft him top. 3 for his name alone.

Edit: Givony saying Exum drew 18 fouls in the game. Dayum.

linsivvi

Dwert plz

Just go grab the rebound, bitch.

Australia's Dante Exum scored 30 points in the second half of the FIBA U-19s against Spain.

DraftExpress moved him up to #3 in the 2014 draft behind Wiggins and Randle. Dayum.

10 years later we'll look back at this draft with fond memories.

Tank tank tank!

I was hyping him the other day. His dad played for UNC back in the day, he's really good. He had great handles and passing ability for a 2 guard. Most indications are that he'll enter the 2015 draft though.

Barnes' perimeter skills are pretty shitty for a SF. Below average shooter, passer, ball handler. Can use his first step to get to the rim (where he's awesome) better against PFs and some of his other issues could be better within with more spacing and skill around him. Him doing well at PF in the playoffs was probably more of a matchup (lol being guarded by Tony Parker) and hot-streak thing than anything else though.

Jabari Parker's gone from "Best high school player since LeBron" to not top 5 in his upcoming draft class already, lol.

He is an undersized PF though so I can see why.

Top Bottom