• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What do you mean how?

He will most likely shoot less. No more 54 point game performances.
Curry and GSW are at their best when his team isn't standing around watching him.

That doesn't happen with better players around him. And he doesn't have to grow into a Steve Francis mentality to support a crappy supporting cast. Having good teammates doesn't kill your development. Not being able to get into the game does.

Sure, we'll be better next year but I'm worried about the years down the road where Iggy declines and we're stuck with his shitty contract. It doesn't make us good enough to be a contender and that bums me out.

iggy is valuable because he plays elite perimeter d and can run the offense while providing some tertiary scoring

he's the ideal guy to play next to curry

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Dem chicken legs aren't the healthiest plus he is a guy built off of his athleticism.

He's averaged 77 games per season, and that includes a lockout year. He's missed more than 6 games in a season only once in his career.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Jerry West is the original wizard. Good because I want Dwight off the team.

Nah. Jim Buss just doesn't know better. They are out to help him.

Good point.

knicks

Curry and GSW are at their best when his team isn't standing around watching him.

That doesn't happen with better players around him. And he doesn't have to grow into a Steve Francis mentality to support a crappy supporting cast. Having good teammates doesn't kill your development. Not being able to get into the game does.

Why did the Lakers get significantly shittier when Howard and Nash came along? LOL

I mean Iggy isn't necessarily a poor addition, but Howard would have been pretty absurd in my opinion. And if the Warriors so happen to sign Howard and Iggy, it'll be a nightmare.

Sounds amazing just like the Lakers idea offseason did, but it wouldn't work.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Golden State is sending multiple draft picks to Utah to unload the $24 million, including 2014 first-rounder, sources tell Y!

linsivvi

Why did the Lakers get significantly shittier when Howard and Nash came along? LOL

Nash is old as fuck and Howard was still recovering from his back injury while being coached by a clown learning a new offense. That's how.

Telling Pau Gasol to camp outside and shoot 3s is how.

HenryHSH

so are the warriors going to ship out Barnes now that they got iggy?

I'm hoping we lose Dwight to GSW so we could possibly sign and trade for Barnes, some and that first round pick. I'm not sure what GSW needs to do to make that happen with Iggy's contract now.

edit: NOOO THE PICKS!!!!! NOOOOOOO

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Wait so it is possible with Iggy leaving to the Warriors, that the Magic actually won that 4 player trade last year.

..... by default mainly because dwight has no idea where he wants to play.... but yeah man no team got better by that trade though Orlando got a whole lot of first from teams that seem lottery bound

He's got to be going out.

Bring back Jack, but trade Barnes and Bogut for Dwight. Warriors offseason done.

Backup SF would be Klay. Backup shooting guard would be Jack. Back up PG would be Jack.

um, wow. yeah, no.

tumblr_m8f1f7CRHI1rtc9of.gif

Barnes isn't going anywhere. Get rid of Jack, especially since his price will be high due to other team's demands.

Wait so it is possible with Iggy leaving to the Warriors, that the Magic actually won that 4 player trade last year.

that trade still hasn't stopped paying dividends for the magic since it includes either the nuggets or knicks 2014 first rounder (whichever is worse) and the lakers 2017 first rounder

DY_nasty

In your mind is this the same thing?

Clear this up for me before I address something that you think you're not talking about.

Because building around a scorer based on the premise that he needs to get you 40 a night on 30 shots every single game is no way to win anything but a game in the 2nd round.

I mean Iggy isn't necessarily a poor addition, but Howard would have been pretty absurd in my opinion. And if the Warriors so happen to sign Howard and Iggy, it'll be a nightmare.

Sounds amazing just like the Lakers idea offseason did, but it wouldn't work.
Lakers offseason went flawless. The personalities and egos got in the way of them moving forward. They shouldn't have even made the playoffs. Its the first time a team with that much talent ever failed so catastrophically and it should hardly be looked at as a sort of recipe for failure.

Also, Howard played with a similar type of point guard, offense, and defense in Orlando. GS isn't that far off of the setting that he started his career in.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Damn it I hope they don't S&T for the Warriors junk. I'd rather have Asik or nothing.

If I'm Lakers I don't let the Warriors become a powerhouse.

Howard can't sign outright with the Warriors so it depends on them if GS comes to them.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Denver offered Andre Iguodala a 4-year, $52M deal -- as well as 5-year scenarios -- before he accepted Warriors deal, sources tell Y!

Guess he wasnt happy about Karl getting axed.

Reporting now Utah got multiple picks. Utah is going to be so bad next season. I didn't think a team would do it, but I underestimate Utah's willingness to use its cap space for just acquiring some bad first round picks.

On the positive side this helps the Lakers. Warriors cannot get under the cap anymore and thus if they want Howard, sign and trade only possible way. Furthermore, this gives Lakers all the leverage if Howard picks Warriors.

They can demand Klay and Barnes or let him walk to houston. If Lakers could get Klay and Barnes plus if there's a 1st round pick left over, would be great. Amnesty Peace.

I'd be okay with Nash-Klay-Kobe-Pau-Bogut or Bogut to another team and massive 2014 cap space for Lebron.

linsivvi

Howard can't sign outright with the Warriors so it depends on them if GS comes to them.

It's hard to tell what they'll do with Jim having the last say. It's scary.

I'd be okay with Nash-Klay-Kobe-Pau-Bogut or Bogut to another team and massive 2014 cap space for Lebron.

I don't want to have anything to do with Bogut. Klay and Barnes, maybe. They are pieces that can be easily moved.

Nelo Ice

Banned

And with their pick(s)? to Utah I don't see why the Lakers would agree to any trade with GS. And of course like you said the whole powerhouse thing in their own division too.

DY_nasty

It's called injuries. If everyone was healthy, it would've been a totally different story.

Playing like a selfish little girl is an injury now?

Even Dr. James Andrews can't do shit with a team acting like the Powderpuff Girls on timeout...

linsivvi

And with their pick(s)? to Utah I don't see why the Lakers would agree to any trade with GS. And of course like you said the whole powerhouse thing in their own division too.

The only scenario I can think of that I can agree with is it involves a 3rd team, a lottery team's 1st round pick for next season.

Who is the Lakers backup center if Howard walks?

Pau....Jordan Hill?

Bogut is better than Jordan Hill.

Harrison Barnes is Better than any swing guy the Lakers have NOT called Kobe Bryant.

Lakers can scoff all they want. A trade of Bogut + Barnes for Dwight makes them better than simply letting Dwight walk. PERIOD.

And Bogut would come off the books next season.

As of right now, utah has to renounce Millsap's right to get this deal done or sign him somewhere around $8 million range or make another move to shed salary.

Looks like Millsap era is over in utah.

DY_nasty

Pau....Jordan Hill?

Harrison Barnes is Better than any swing guy the Lakers have NOT called Kobe Bryant.

Lakers can scoff all they want. A trade of Bogut + Barnes for Dwight makes them better than simply letting Dwight walk. PERIOD.

Byron

Mullens

linsivvi

Pau....Jordan Hill?

You want to be bad next season, dude.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
M.Barnes has played for 8 teams in his 9 yrs in the league, making $12.5 mill total. This 3-yr/$11 mill deal w/ LAC is finally stability

Good for Barnes, he was probably living paycheck by paycheck until now...

RealGM ‏@RealGM
Lakers can no longer unload Steve Nash's 14-15 salary on the Warriors in a possible Dwight sign-and-trade.

Woops.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
WojYahooNBA
Denver offered Andre Iguodala a 4-year, $52M deal -- as well as 5-year scenarios -- before he accepted Warriors deal, sources tell Y!

Guess he wasnt happy about Karl getting axed.

Ouch for Denver, but I guess Iggy saw the writing on the wall, whereas the warriors (if healthy) have a bright future.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Sure, we'll be better next year but I'm worried about the years down the road where Iggy declines and we're stuck with his shitty contract. It doesn't make us good enough to be a contender and that bums me out.

Iggy is a top 3 wing defender in the league.

Outside of elite wings he is one of the best handling/passing wings.

This isn't some guy who relies 100% on hustle/athleticism and will be a shell of himself at 32.

Pau....Jordan Hill?

Why would they pay the luxury tax just to be a little bit better. Maybe. If Dwight doesn't resign it makes more sense save money plus get a good player in a deep draft.

Top Bottom