• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

What's also crazy is that the Warriors will also have a good amount of cap space in 2014.and will have bird rights for Bogut if they Don't move him this year.

Bogut, DLee, Iggy, Klay and Scurry.

One of the top 4 teams in the west next season.

On paper, maybe. Bogut and Curry are injury prone. A team like the Warriors definitely needs depth to save minutes for them.

Well, Kevin Murphy's gone as well and he was the worst 12th man ever in generating enthusiasm so I guess there's that?

edit: Even if we are tanking, there's giant opportunity cost here taking back so much shit for basically nothing. This just seems like a terrible move.

They continue on with a stacked team and simply give up their homerun scenario for a damned good double.

You get nothing at all. And your roster remains bloated and you have nothing additional gained this year outside of Kobe in his deathbed and Pau turning to ash. You'd waste a year for just one pick.

Basic rule of tanking is to always bring in more than a single asset each year.

GS continues to get better with or without LA. They don't need Dwight as much as LA needs to change direction, gain direction, quickly.

But you haven't explained why the Lakers would prefer just Barnes over say Asik or letting Dwight walk and improving their draft chances?

Maybe the Lakers aren't very high on Barnes at all.

Lakers don't care how it affects Warriors. They care about them. They have to give their preferences. Do they want Barnes bad enough to end up losing 4 spots in the draft? Maybe, I can't answer that. As of right now, according the the LA Times, they would demand both Klay and Barnes and would rather him walk than get just Barnes.

Warriors would be stupid, imo, to lose the deal over not throwing in Klay. A chance to put Curry-Iggy-Lee-Dwight together is worth more than taking another risk on Bogut's broken body and Barnes + Klay.

SamuraiX-

kbzRS2O.png

Brandy am cry

So it's either Houston or LA. Like I said a few pages back, I knew he'd go back to LA all this time.

What are you talking about. They are at 48 million for next year right now, and there is no way Bogut gets more than 10 million per year.

And they are 59 million for the upcoming season. How is the cap lost?

The cap is at $58 million. You just put them at $59 million, aka over the cap.

So they have no cap space.

They also have to extend Klay next year for the following years.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
daldridgetnt: Another shoe drops: Utah will indeed have to renounce its rights to Paul Millsap to make deal with Golden State, per source.

Mavericks take another L. And then MavsAge get to say that they never wanted him anyway!

And it looks like GS can't deal anymore picks. That S&T looks very improbable.

Houston it is.

daldridgetnt: Another shoe drops: Utah will indeed have to renounce its rights to Paul Millsap to make deal with Golden State, per source.

called it. But they still have time to make some moves to prevent that.

Also, WTF is Howard doing telling people who is out one by one!?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
LOL @ Dallas not getting a rose
But you haven't explained why the Lakers would prefer just Barnes over say Asik or letting Dwight walk and improving their draft chances?

Maybe the Lakers aren't very high on Barnes at all.

Lakers don't care how it affects Warriors. They care about them. They have to give their preferences. Do they want Barnes bad enough to end up losing 4 spots in the draft? Maybe, I can't answer that. As of right now, according the the LA Times, they would demand both Klay and Barnes and would rather him walk than get just Barnes.

Warriors would be stupid, imo, to lose the deal over not throwing in Klay. A chance to put Curry-Iggy-Lee-Dwight together is worth more than taking another risk on Bogut's broken body and Barnes + Klay.

Remember that time I made you a Pony?

Its because you forget what's more likely to happen because of what you hope will happen.

Klay + Barnes under this particular premise is just not going to happen. You're not even acknowledging the fact hat GS doesn't have to entertain LA's whims either. They can tell LA to fuck off and just as simple as that LA is stuck trying to tank in spite of Kobe while having nothing to show for the entire year. No assets gained. No talent developed.

That's not how you tank.

Getting Asik does nothing but compound your issues at this point too. I don't understand the logic behind that with Kobe halfway out the door.

And the LA Times is NYPost level when they're not writing about how much of Kobe they can swallow or how many people should fire their coach simultaneously...

Remember that time I made you a Pony?

Its because you forget what's more likely to happen because of what you hope will happen.

Klay + Barnes under this particular premise is just not going to happen. You're not even acknowledging the fact hat GS doesn't have to entertain LA's whims either. They can tell LA to fuck off and just as simple as that LA is stuck trying to tank in spite of Kobe while having nothing to show for the entire year. No assets gained. No talent developed.

That's not how you tank.

Getting Asik does nothing but compound your issues at this point too. I don't understand the logic behind that with Kobe halfway out the door.

And the LA Times is NYPost level when they're not writing about how much of Kobe they can swallow or how many people should fire their coach simultaneously...

First off, I'm openly admitting the Lakers may do that deal. It depends on how they evaluate Barnes and whether Bogut gets offloaded elsewhere. I said last night I'm fine with just getting Barnes, go back and look.

But if the Lakers hold stead fast, they control the cards. It depends on how much they like Barnes. If they think Barnes is just okay and is not enough, then they'll rather let Dwight walk. If they do like Barnes, then they'll eventually relent. I don't know how they evaluate him and neither do you.

As for LA Times, you're speaking out of ignorance. LA times crucifies Kobe more than anything else, especially with hacks like Simers and Platchke who have made careers out of it. The beat writers, however, that don't write opinions are some of the best in the business and rarely are off.

Boy, you sure have gone on tilt since big Al came aboard.

Also lol mavs blew 2 years and no one went there. That said, they should get Milsap now.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
bm, if it weren't for everyone siding with kobe - then maybe they wouldn't have completely alienated the best center in the league so much that he's willing to turn down 30 million dollars to get away from it all. they may 'criticize', but they are completely tied to him before the lakers.
McRoberts in Charlotte appears to have a 2 year deal in the 5.5 million range

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_t...-to-re-sign-power-forward-josh-mcroberts.html

Good to see the numbers on it finally.

Dude is undervalued too.

Just need to see what's up with Henderson now...

LOL Dallas getting told before Atlanta. Bu bu but we won 2 years ago and we have 35 y/o Dirk!

I wonder how much bad word of mouth they created after giving up on a chip core.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
espn_macmahon
Cuban via email: "We gave it a shot and it didn't work out. It was truly an experience. ... So it's on to Plan B."

Mavs fans get ready for your Monta Ellis future.

Mavericks take another L. And then MavsAge get to say that they never wanted him anyway!

And it looks like GS can't deal anymore picks. That S&T looks very improbable.

Houston it is.

Houston always made the most sense. Good, young team and no state taxes are hard to pass up. GS was just fun to speculate on, especially when it started out as a complete long shot.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 19s
Trying to juggle a dozen things, but as others have reported, this is huge: GSW renounced rights to Jarrett Jack to do Utah deal.

Didn't realize they had to do this.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 40s
Before Golden State deals, Dwight Howard had narrowed his choices to the Lakers and Rockets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

oh god, lol

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
If I was the lakers FO I whould just rob the warriors of first round picks and take the shorter movable contracts & youth

klay, bogut, and 2-3 first. Then bank on either steph being injured and/or Dwight continuing to be a bitch. in the hopes of a late lottery pick.

Top Bottom