• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Before Golden State deals, Dwight Howard had narrowed his choices to the Lakers and Rockets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

SamuraiX-

dy0ZOOA.png

lol

he's going back to LA

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Also, WTF is Howard doing telling people who is out one by one!?

He's saving the Lakers last right before he picks the Rockets. Sticks it to LA in his own Dwight way.

He's so immature. He better bring his A game (no excuses) if he lands in a Rockets uni or I'm gonna give him hell. I don't want the drama esp after watching Asik last season.

If I was the lakers FO I whould just rob the warriors of first round picks and take the shorter movable contracts & youth

klay, bogut, and 2-3 first. Then bank on either steph being injured and/or Dwight continuing to be a bitch. in the hopes of a late lottery pick.

GS have no picks to trade anymore. Its literally Klay and dump Bogut on another team and hope to get picks from them. Fuxk that...unless its Boston or Sac.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
LOL Dallas getting told before Atlanta. Bu bu but we won 2 years ago and we have 35 y/o Dirk!

I wonder how much bad word of mouth they created after giving up on a chip core.

Doubt it mattered

Dallas looks meh on paper plus Dwight wouldnt be the super he wants to be

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Dwight going back to LA to cement Laker fall from grace

yes

give me the tears

In all this is lost the fact that Denver has lost Iggy, Koufos, and Karl (though I like Shaw of course) and Gallo is coming off ACL surgery.

Not the best past couple months for them.

Uhh...wait, what? I just woke up. We actually signed Iguodala? Does this bench The Black Falcon =[

Maybe but it also means our small ball lineup when we need to go to it is just that much more fierce..

It most likely benches Klay. Iggy is not a SF. No matter how much people want to pretend he is.

I like Klay coming off the bench. Should have a better time getting hot against opposing second units..

In all this is lost the fact that Denver has lost Iggy, Koufos, and Karl (though I like Shaw of course) and Gallo is coming off ACL surgery.

Not the best past couple months for them.

At least they've lost all of their defensive players while opening up more minutes for McGee to fuck things up.

I do like Q Miller a lot so at least he'll get a shot now.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The 2nd sentence wasn't really related to the first. I know Chandler and Kidd were in Deron's ear about avoiding Dallas. I doubt anyone likes Dwight enough to advise him.

Sorry meant in Dallas he would never be the super star Dirk would always be that

Never heard players bad mouthing Dallas before

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
chris palmer ‏@ESPNChrisPalmer
Dwight Howard's got teams afraid to pick up the phone now.

LOL

If I was the lakers FO I whould just rob the warriors of first round picks and take the shorter movable contracts & youth

klay, bogut, and 2-3 first. Then bank on either steph being injured and/or Dwight continuing to be a bitch. in the hopes of a late lottery pick.

Ignoring the fact that GS has no picks to give you, this reads like Lakers fan fiction. It's as dumb as the LeBron 2014 talk.

LA bet the farm on a bunch of old dudes and failed. The Lakers aren't in a position of power to negotiate with anyone right now.

Humble yourself.

Forever

Banned
Ignoring the fact that GS has no picks to give you, this reads like Lakers can fiction. It's as dumb as the LeBron 2014 talk.

LA bet the farm on a bunch of old dudes and failed. The Lakers aren't in a position of power to negotiate with anyone right now.

Humble yourself.

He's a Knicks fan. He's as humbled as can be.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jonathan_Feigen
Something to consider: If D12 chooses Warriors, can't let Rockets off hook. Would need threat of going to Hou to make LA make deal with GSW.

Its true. Even if Dwight wanted to go to the Warriors he couldnt actually tell the Lakers that because he will get fucked over.

Sounds like he and his team learned a thing or two after the whole Orlando - Brooklyn debacle.

The picks are totally unprotected so if Curry and Bogut both turn into dust next year, the Jazz will get a top ten pick.

Hooray for having to root for injuries :/

linsivvi

Ignoring the fact that GS has no picks to give you, this reads like Lakers can fiction. It's as dumb as the LeBron 2014 talk.

Humble yourself.

Ignore the fact that picks likely come from a 3rd team where they ship Bogut...

He's not a Lakers fan.

SamuraiX-

H51r4jF.png

So, after this Iggy signing, the Warriors are looking at about $60M in salaries for this upcoming season.

Signing Dwight straight up would jack that up to $80M, but if they were able to swap out the last year of Bogut's contract for Dwight then they would only be looking at around $65-70M in player salaries. That's about how much they were paying this past season.

Crazy if it actually happens. Same amount of money with WAY more talent.

Sorry meant in Dallas he would never be the super star Dirk would always be that

Never heard players bad mouthing Dallas before

Dallas was always an even worse option than LA, not many took them seriously.

During Deron's free agency there were reports that Chandler called Deron telling him to stay away from Dallas because they had no loyalty. Said they put up basically no fight to keep him from leaving after he helped them chip.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
KBergCBS
Their chase for Dwight Howard over, the Mavs now begin pursuit of other free agents, including Warriors guard Jarrett Jack, source says.

plan b already in action

Well as a Knicks fan, he's already well aware of how ineffective signing a bunch of old star players can be. At least the Nets have you beat there next season.

H51r4jF.png

So, after this Iggy signing, the Warriors are looking at about $60M in salaries for this upcoming season.

Signing Dwight straight up would jack that up to $80M, but if they were able to swap out the last year of Bogut's contract for Dwight then they would only be looking at around $65-70M in player salaries. That's about how much they were paying this past season.

Crazy if it actually happens. Same amount of money with WAY more talent.

And The Kings being their punching bags in the process.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
daldridgetnt
Source says Howard's top two, after trade, are--in no order of preference--Golden State and Houston. Lakers not eliminated, but now behind.

Again he can't actually rule out Houston or he has zero leverage.

Fjordson

Maybe but it also means our small ball lineup when we need to go to it is just that much more fierce..

I like Klay coming off the bench. Should have a better time getting hot against opposing second units..
Hmm. I guess so. I really like him and Steph in the backcourt, though. Second to none shooting. And I can just see him leaving in a year or two whenever he's a FA next because he's been relegated to coming off the bench. Probably after he's improved and gotten pretty damn good =[

Top Bottom