• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

SamuraiX-

VATnljB.png

Welcome to NBAGAF's Carnival of Stupid™.

linsivvi

H51r4jF.png

So, after this Iggy signing, the Warriors are looking at about $60M in salaries for this upcoming season.

Signing Dwight straight up would jack that up to $80M, but if they were able to swap out the last year of Bogut's contract for Dwight then they would only be looking at around $65-70M in player salaries. That's about how much they were paying this past season.

Crazy if it actually happens. Same amount of money with WAY more talent.

They also only have 3 players under contract next summer as it is.

The logo still got it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What if the source is actually Dwight?

What if Dwight is every source ever?
Dallas was always an even worse option than LA, not many took them seriously.

During Deron's free agency there were reports that Chandler called Deron telling him to stay away from Dallas because they had no loyalty. Said they put up basically no fight to keep him from leaving after he helped them chip.

He and Terry both wanted 10+ mil year deals.

I would've put them on ignore too.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Dallas was always an even worse option than LA, not many took them seriously.

During Deron's free agency there were reports that Chandler called Deron telling him to stay away from Dallas because they had no loyalty. Said they put up basically no fight to keep him from leaving after he helped them chip.

So he could have gotten Deron out the conference but basically helped an inter-city rival?

They also only have 3 players under contract next summer as it is.

The logo still got it.

?

Lee, Curry, Klay, Barnes, Iggy, Ezili. Don't pretend like they aren't exercising the options on those rookie contracts.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 1m
"The Warriors are definitely in there," NBA source tells Y! Sports in regards to Dwight Howard. Source says Warriors, Rockets, Lakers in mix

Fucking just pick a team already, Dwight. We want this over with, I don't give a fuck anymore.

linsivvi

LA going to have D12 Lebron Melo and Kobe in 2 years...

You forgot Rose....

?

Lee, Curry, Klay, Barnes, Iggy, Ezili. Don't pretend like they aren't exercising the options on those rookie contracts.

Fucking just pick a team already, Dwight. We want this over with, I don't give a fuck anymore.

They can trade them or keep them. The point is they have flexibility.

How many times can you be wrong within an hour?

Their cap is $48M inclusive next season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I give up. This is fucking dumb.

I don't know it seems simple enough for me.

The longer Dwight keeps LA/HOU/GS on his list the more likely it is he wants to be in GS. He can't narrow his choices down to LA/GS because Mitch can tell him to get bent and hold GS for hostage, because wheres he going to go?

It would be insane if he said he wanted to go to GS at this point.

exarkun

His Rockets reverse jinx avatar worked, just not the way he hoped.

No, its the fact that he got banned that really pushed the jinx. Suck it Brandi, I know you're reading this. Rox/Gs/Brookyln will get Dwight but not the Mavs!

If GS puts Bogut/Klay out there with whatever else they have, I think the Lakers are dumb enough to say yes and give them Dwight. They literally did the best two things they could have done: shed salary and sign a type of player every championship squad should have.

Honestly, still think its 65/35 Rockets way, but with the Lakers front office's stupidity, it could go either way.

What if the source is actually Dwight?

What if Dwight is every source ever?

He and Terry both wanted 10+ mil year deals.

I would've put them on ignore too.

Terry had to go, he had no soul left to sell for another miracle playoff run. But I'd give Chandler 10-12 mil, hell, Dallas paid him 12.6 for that one season. They were trying to clear their roster for Deron/Dwight and got burned.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So he could have gotten Deron out the conference but basically helped an inter-city rival?

He wouldnt have even needed to tell Deron that. It was obvious to everyone Dallas let him walk without any sort of significant offer.

I don't know it seems simple enough for me.

The longer Dwight keeps LA/HOU/GS on his list the more likely it is he wants to be in GS. He can't narrow his choices down to LA/GS because Mitch can tell him to get bent and hold GS for hostage, because wheres he going to go?

It would be insane if he said he wanted to go to GS at this point.

Just fucking sign with the Ws then. Morey just needs to move on. Let GS and LA have their stare down. I'm cool with Asik and cap space.

Darkman M

Ignoring the fact that GS has no picks to give you, this reads like Lakers fan fiction. It's as dumb as the LeBron 2014 talk.

LA bet the farm on a bunch of old dudes and failed. The Lakers aren't in a position of power to negotiate with anyone right now.

Humble yourself.
The fuck...........

Iggy move pays off twice?

If I were Howard, the minute Kobe opened his trap about learning how to win under his tutelage, I would've crossed them off my list. Kobe is great at driving superstar centers off his teams. Emphasis on his.

Good. If Howard is too mentally weak for that, he's too mentally weak to be a champion in a city that demands it.

Dwight acting like this is a race or some stupid bullshit. No X team is ahead. Oh look, team Y took the lead.

Either he can't figure out which dress to put on for the big gala or he's just annoying everyone on purpose. Either way, it is annoying. I just want to know what the team will look like so make a fucking call already.

Beans and RJ better not get any fucking minutes next year. I much rather want to see Gobert and Evans struggle knowing they might be something than watch Beans struggle while knowing he's never contributing anything.

Morey should just sign millsap, then Dwight would be stuck in LA and everyone could laugh at him. Take the decision out of his hands, haha.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I give up. This is fucking dumb.

It's always been dumb with Howard and Houston. Remember this is the player who wouldn't play for the Rockets for even half a season with the Rockets fighting for a playoff spot and opted back in with the Magic instead.

He's got great talent when he's healthy and his head is in the game, but he's so fucking annoying with the drama he brings it's just ugh

I just want this over with so the Rockets can start making moves.

satori

Wonder how legit it is buddy told me he got a tweet d Howard staying in La. Grain of salt and all that jazz. Will send link as soon as he text me

Smokey

It's always been dumb with Howard and Houston. Remember this is the player who wouldn't play for the Rockets for even half a season with the Rockets fighting for a playoff spot and opted back in with the Magic instead.

He's got great talent when he's healthy and his head is in the game, but he's so fucking annoying with the drama he brings it's just ugh

I just want this over with so the Rockets can start making moves.

Millsap in our lineup. I'd be ok with that

Really don't want Josh Smith.

exarkun

When are we gonna start formalizing our picks for where Howard goes?

I love my rox, but...damn GS is a niiiiice team. I think they gonna get him.

Cubes should've traded Dirk. It's super hard to rebuild through free agency if you don't have a desirable player to build around. Dirk is way too old and we don't have any other players to entice free agents to come. Time to join the tank of 2014

Top Bottom