• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

thekad

Banned
Well yeah his bust rate is like 80% but Zeller is 100% going to be mediocre or worse. Noel, Porter and Bennett should go top 3. Everyone else should trade down or out.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Well yeah his bust rate is like 80% but Zeller is 100% going to be mediocre or worse. Noel, Porter and Bennett should go top 3. Everyone else should trade down or out.

So give the rich more?

bennett has like the highest bust potential of anyone

tweeners who can't defend never do well in the nba

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I think Zeller has the highest floor of anyone that could possibly go in the top 5.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Is there any reason why the Bobcats would want another guard? Isn't that the one place they're kind of set? Seems like they would want bigs or a forward at least

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So am I the only one who thinks the Rockets would be better off signing David West then they would be signing Dwight?

Think West is the perfect for the Rockets on a lot of levels. A lot better than Josh Smith.

charsace

I'd rather have Victor Shine or Len. If we trade back yes to Zeller though.

I honesty think Zeller is a better prospect than Len. People are sleeping on him because he stayed another year instead of leaving. He was top 8 in last year's draft which was a strong one. Now everyone is rating a bunch of iffy players higher than him.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It's the worst, there's no ifs about it. As for Zeller I just don't like his size.

Let's be real, he's got more than Noel and he knows how to use his a lot better than Len.

He's a good rebounder but his biggest problem last year was thinking about being "the guy" too much. He comes to Charlotte and all he has to do is set screens and do his work on the boards and he'll be given the key to the city for freeing up Kemba. That's all I really expect out of this draft. If Noel couldn't do it being Chandler-lite, then Zeller can do it being Laettner-lite.

My issue with Zeller is his rebounding. How can you be 7 foot with a 37 inch vertical and only average 6 and 8 boards in college?

I think he's trending towards a backup because 7 foot PF's just aren't a thing in this league anymore and his rebounding is so piss poor that he's going to get his shit pushed in at center.

Blackace

My issue with Zeller is his rebounding. How can you be 7 foot with a 37 inch vertical and only average 6 and 8 boards in college?

I think he's trending towards a backup because 7 foot PF's just aren't a thing in this league anymore and his rebounding is so piss poor that he's going to get his shit pushed in at center.

Just like Brook Lopez is a backup and not an all-star

still plays like shawn bradley

Faze, RB just took the efficient slam dunk while you were shooting fadeaway midrange shots all over the place

Man, Shawn Bradley made $70 million in his career. If I'd only been one damn foot taller I could've been the 7 foot 5 white, skinny guy with no skills getting dunked on all day. Life's not fair.

Also, Zeller has way more upside than Bradley. Not sure I get the comparison, unless it's just "LOL tall white guys!"

Blackace

Man, Shawn Bradley made $70 million in his career. If I'd only been one damn foot taller I could've been the 7 foot 5 white, skinny guy with no skills getting dunked on all day. Life's not fair.

Also, Zeller has way more upside than Bradley. Not sure I get the comparison, unless it's just "LOL tall white guys!"

Shawn Bradley had a decent career.. Over 2000 blocks and 5000 rebounds....

the fuck?

He's 7 feet tall with a 37 inch vertical.

And a SFish wingspan and standing reach. And even with his athleticism and height he was still an average rebounder in college, he will be a poor one in the NBA. Len was a better rebounder last year, and he's about 4 inches longer than Zeller. He was great touch around the basket too, which is something we sorely need. His midrange game isn't on Zeller's level, but it's fairly close. He's just an all around better prospect than Zeller in my opinion.

And a SFish wingspan and standing reach. And even with his athleticism and height he was still an average rebounder in college, he will be a poor one in the NBA. Len was a better rebounder last year, and he's about 4 inches longer than Zeller. He was great touch around the basket too, which is something we sorely need. His midrange game isn't on Zeller's level, but it's fairly close. He's just an all around better prospect than Zeller in my opinion.

Lol

He's a terrible post scorer. Len scores .83 PPP on post ups and 39.3% on post shot attempts, which is terribad. Very nearly all of his offense is off of cuts to the basket or finishes off the glass.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...vanced-stats-look-at-alex-lens-low-post-game/

I think he's a better prospect overall than Zeller, but Zellers ceiling isn't much lower than Lens and his floor is significantly higher. Len is going to take forever to develop and has a good chance of being injury prone. With that said, he's got a good chance of being Hibbert as long as he can stay on the court long enough
4-6 years minimum to have positive impact

Zeller can only be sobad. And with his athletic tools combined with his size he has a high ceiling. Doubt he gets there, but he's probably the safest PF/C on the board.

Cats have to take McLemore if he's there. I think I take Len over Oladipo though.

Did you ever watch Bradley play? He was far from soft. Dude never backed down and was dirty as fuck.

are you fucking kidding me

first of all when i make a statement you can stop giving me the "did you ever watch" bullshit yes i watched and that is why i have an opinion

then again you think stoudemire is the best post player and will save the knicks next year

am I the only one who thinks Oladipo looks like a fraud that might be tony allen good as a ceiling?

He only made 30 threepointers the whole year as his best shooting season. That sample size is terrible. He averaged 8 shots a game as a dude who is hyper efficient.

And that would be okay if he was a dominant slasher and ball handler but he has a negative turnover ratio and he drew 3.5 fouls a game as a junior which is terribad compared to elite scoring SG's like Wade, Gordon and Harden.

He looks super suspect as a prospect to me.

am I the only one who thinks Oladipo looks like a fraud that might be tony allen good as a ceiling?

He only made 30 threepointers the whole year as his best shooting season. That sample size is terrible. He averaged 8 shots a game as a dude who is hyper efficient.

And that would be okay if he was a dominant slasher and ball handler but he has a negative turnover ratio and he drew 3.5 fouls a game as a junior which is terribad compared to elite scoring SG's like Wade, Gordon and Harden.

He looks super suspect as a prospect to me.

You've essentially hated on every top prospect. As far as Oladipo, he's considered to have elite defensive skills that will translate to the next level and a 'developing' offensive game which as you stated, looked best this last season. Personally, I care more about what they've done lately as it shows development and you hope that they continue to develop at the next level. While you want a larger sample size, it's still preferable to a player starting hot and then lacking development his last season or two of college, going stagnant.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You think the last trade wasnt Gasol for Gasol? lol

But you are correct about the rest

I still think the Love Mayo trade was a decent gamble

No, I don't. The Memphis FO hasn't had a national scouting staff -- not to mention an international one -- for the past few years. That was total luck on their part.

Blackace

No, I don't. The Memphis FO hasn't had a national scouting staff -- not to mention an international one -- for the past few years. That was total luck on their part.

Pretty sure they have scouted their franchise player's brother.

Their GM was a scout...

Shawn Bradley had a decent career.. Over 2000 blocks and 5000 rebounds....

kch7yEm.jpg

I learned something today...

Blackace

most teams don't have a national scouting program these days. Not the same way that they used to.

I mean, most teams even have shared work outs and the like these days.

Well kids get more coverage than ever before from high school

Top Bottom