• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Vire

Dwight Howard and Josh Smith on the same team? Please tell me it's true. That would be the most hilarious group of absolute morons ever assembled.

No coach in the universe could contain the amount of cancer each one brings to the locker room.

One would be bad enough, but the two of them!? Get your popcorn out folks.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yo fuck you, fuck Chicago, fuck The Bulls and fuck your fucking Boozer.

I hear OKC bandwagon is pretty comfy, jus saying. We really can't afford a jinx in a tank season.
tumblr_mpaq60trEI1qg1wtyo1_400.gif

Is this what happens when something goes wrong? Is this the attitude we display? As someone who used to be a fan of a failing franchise, I can give you some advice on how to cope.

I've primarily lived in Austin, Dallas, and NYC. Wasn't really old enough to appreciate Florida as a grown person.

They all got pros and cons. I personally wish I could spend two weeks in each city at a time haha

Bread

Banned
the west is craaaaaaazy next season

rockets - obviously improved, and they might improve more before the summer ends.
warriors - can only get better
memphis - bringing back the same team or better or worse
clippers - got a coach and some shooters
spurs barely lost anyone, but got older/fatigued from the long playoff run
thunder are still the thunder

i could see any of those teams winning the title

Half the East is tanking.

Plus butthurt Buss might push for shortterm moves.

We literally can't afford to improve in many ways and Kobe is gone for a few months

Nash/Blake
Meeks
Metta
Pau/Kelly
Sacre

All coached by Mike D

That's if we don't amnesty MWP or trade MWP Nash and/or Pau.

Philly could easily be better than LA LOL

linsivvi

Half the East is tanking.

Plus butthurt Buss might push for shortterm moves.

They don't play in the East, and the East always have half the conference tanking anyway.

The top 6 West teams still look mighty with a few up and coming teams trying to win. It's easy to tank.

Also, what short term move? They are still way, way over the cap.

cashman

Banned
I've primarily lived in Austin, Dallas, and NYC. Wasn't really old enough to appreciate Florida as a grown person.

They all got pros and cons. I personally wish I could spend two weeks in each city at a time haha

Dallas seems like it would be a distant 3rd.

Of course I haven't actually spent much time in the main city since I live way out in the burbs.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Good luck, Dwight.

Maybe we can get The Stealth Fox, Matrix, Kangu, Miguel and DMczaf to return and bring order to Rockets-Age.

One can hope.

Where the fuck did I go? lol Dm isn't a Rockets fan, he's a Tmac fan.

PBY

Banned
the west is craaaaaaazy next season

rockets - obviously improved, and they might improve more before the summer ends.
warriors - can only get better
memphis - bringing back the same team or better or worse
clippers - got a coach and some shooters
spurs barely lost anyone, but got older/fatigued from the long playoff run
thunder are still the thunder

i could see any of those teams winning the title
Nets, bulls, heat, Indy isn't bad either. Next season will be great.

If the lakers amnesty MWP, and they will, they will be just slightly over the luxury tax if they only sign vet minimums.

If they can make one trade they can get under it and actually get a MLE exception (if they want to offer a 1 year deal to someone for it).

KingJ2002

SMH

fuck off man you are seriously going to try and claim that this is a bad WCF/ECF matchup?

this would honestly be my best case scenario for the league, the Heat vs old rivals KG and Pierce, and two young contenders in houston and golden state.

the ECF is lame... same star players as 2012 just different teams.

and the WCF... well... it wouldn't be bad... just pissed howard bolted.

you know... it might not be a bad thing howard bolted... if we can get a good stretch 4 like millsap or j smoove... a core like that would be enough for a good playoff run. I doubt lakers will stink... they just need a bench.

my concern is the free agency next year. without howard the front court is questionable... regardless of who we pick up.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 2 min
Heat free agent Chris Andersen has several contract offers & expects to choose a team early next week

As if it won't be the Heat. lol

linsivvi

As it is, the Lakers only have 9 players in the roster counting the 2nd round pick. They'll need to sign a few minimum contracts anyway.

Nori Chan

Don't let the door knob hit you where the good lord split you dwight.

Winners:

Orlando
LA: Cause no max bynum
Denver
Philly: cause knux has lost a lot of blood

PBY

Banned
Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 2 min
Heat free agent Chris Andersen has several contract offers & expects to choose a team early next week

As if it won't be the Heat. lol
Wouldn't shock me. We can't pay him.

Bread

Banned
Nets, bulls, heat, Indy isn't bad either. Next season will be great.
the bulls ain't shit
the ECF is lame... same star players as 2012 just different teams.
yeaaa except for the fact that pierce and kg aren't the stars of the nets, they're part of the supporting cast. the nets should be the most interesting team to watch this year, if they gel and stay healthy they will be the heat's kryptonite.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Very important. When can Kevin Love opt out of his contract? Summer of 2014 or 2015? That will determine what the Lakers will do.

linsivvi

then why do i see people listing lineups in which sacre starts at center

even with dead kobe sitting out for who knows how long, it'll be nash, trashcan, mwp, pau and jordan hill

they'll be a slightly worse version of the 2012 suns

Nash wants a ring. They'll probably trade him to a team where he can win.

then why do i see people listing lineups in which sacre starts at center

even with dead kobe sitting out for who knows how long, it'll be nash, trashcan, mwp, pau and jordan hill

they'll be a slightly worse version of the 2012 suns

cuz they're creating a tank lineup!

I could see lakers trading Hill to get under the LT as well.

Top Bottom