• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Fuck that. Trade Pau to Cleveland. Maybe you can get a first rounder out of them for it.

The Lakers can't trade Nash, Pau, and amnesty ron because of the salary floor. They'd have to take money back.

Just let Pau stay. No one is giving a lottery pick for him.

I wouldn't mind him coming off the bench for wade.
lol truth is it would be Wade coming off the bench for him and you know it.

Cloudy

Banned
And Pau was 48% FG while averaging double digit rebounds and leading the team in assist during the playoffs. Your act of dissing of every single Laker player except Kobe is getting old.

Yeah 48% is great for a 7 footer! This team is NOTHING without Kobe and hopefully you don't have to find out the hard way this season

The Lakers can't trade Nash, Pau, and amnesty ron because of the salary floor. They'd have to take money back.

Just let Pau stay. No one is giving a lottery pick for him.

lol truth is it would be Wade coming off the bench for him and you know it.

It wouldn't be a lottery pick. Cleveland with Pau probably makes the playoffs in the weakass East.

And why trade Nash? He's broken and has multiple years left. Let him stick around for a year. Peace too.

Kobe gonna kill Houston the first game they play, even if he's in a wheelchair. It'll be like watching Charles Xavier on the floor.

Sorry Dwight, you still aren't the best big man in Texas.

linsivvi

Yeah 48% is great for a 7 footer! This team is NOTHING without Kobe and hopefully you don't have to find out the hard way this season

Because only scoring matters, right? You and Pringles deserve each other.

You are the only one who wants Kobe to play good this season. Everyone with commonsense wants the Lakers to suck.

It wouldn't be a lottery pick. Cleveland with Pau probably makes the playoffs in the weakass East.

And why trade Nash? He's broken and has multiple years left. Let him stick around for a year. Peace too.

Pau helped us with 2 rings. He wants to be here and most likely won't mind helping with the rebuilding.

Nash is here only because he wants a ring. He also takes up $10M in cap room next season.

MWP is gone. Ding mentioned if Dwight leaves they'd amnesty him. That saves them like $30 million.

trading Nash would get them more salary cap room, obviously. He has 2 years left.

MWP is gone. Ding mentioned if Dwight leaves they'd amnesty him. That saves them like $30 million.

trading Nash would get them more salary cap room, obviously. He has 2 years left.

But who is trading for Nash if he's not expiring? the PG position is stacked. Most of the good teams have young PGs or don't need expensive PGs.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Word is Steve Nash couldn't stand Dwight

tumblr_mdq1pcbFXN1qgyos6o1_400.gif

I'm sure the feeling was mutual.

Cloudy

Banned
Because only scoring matters, right? You and Pringles deserve each other.

You are the only one who wants Kobe to play good this season. Everyone with commonsense wants the Lakers to suck.

I don't believe in tanking. If Kobe plays even half the games, we will never be bad enough to get Wiggins. So might as well prove the doubters wrong...again

Lakers playoff train starts NOW!

But who is trading for Nash if he's not expiring? the PG position is stacked. Most of the good teams have young PGs or don't need expensive PGs.

A contending team that needs someone to put them over the time.

Nash for Granger, Granger to a third team for a pick. Even nash for granger still brings them an expiring.

I bet there are a few others. Might not be til trade deadline.

Have to think Beverley starts over Lin right? Going to be a great team regardless if Dwight returns to form though.

lol no, anyone who watched more than the rockets in the playoffs knows beverly can't run an offense for shit and is only better at defending. He's a solid backup but he is barely a point guard on offense, more like a shooting guard. Without Lin or Harden on the floor the offense last year looked pathetic with no sense of coordination.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Peter Edmiston ‏@peteredmiston
Laker fans are learning, some for their 1st time ever, what fans of virtually every other franchise occasionally have to experience.

Cloudy

Banned
A contending team that needs someone to put them over the time.

Umm...did you see Nash the last month of the season? The guy is Jason Kidd status right now. Fire Pringles and make him the coach

Props to Morey for sticking to his plan, but LOL the Thunder handing them a franchise player and basically making all of this happen.

Also Dwight being on a contender gives dumbass Presti and Brooks another reason to keep and play worthless Perkins. It's like a Win Win Win for the Rockets.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Props to Morey for sticking to his plan, but LOL the Thunder handing them a franchise player and basically making all of this happen.

Yep. Morey has done some great things, but OKC handing us Harden for nothing changed the franchise forever.

OKC will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Indy is not giving Granger up for Steve Nash.

I don't know, but someone will bite I think by the trade deadline.

Whatever, I don't want Pau gone. I don't give a fuck anymore. We traded Pau for CP3, we tried to trade him for Deron, we almost put him in the Dwight deal. Dude came and helped take the Lakers to 3 straight finals with Kobe. Manned the fuck up versus our rival boston in game 7, the greatest game in my Laker fandom. We've put him with a coach that puts him at the 3 point line, etc. We brought in a clown college recruit center to take his place that was too mentally weak to stay. Meanwhile, Pau shut the fuck up, did what he was told, and played his hardest even through injury.

Why do you think Kobe goes to bat for him so much?

I'm done with this Pau moving stuff. Pau is a Laker. I don't care if it means one less draft pick, 3 slots lower in the lottery, or whatever else. He's my favorite Laker, I was him to stay and I want him to play it out here. He deserves it and as a fan, sometimes things like this matters.

So fuck trading Pau.

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 1m
Dwight Howard downplayed Kobe's pitch as a reason for leaving Lakers + claimed he was "already a winner" in interview with @LATimesTJSimers

Fucking LOL

I don't know, but someone will bite I think by the trade deadline.

Whatever, I don't want Pau gone. I don't give a fuck anymore. We traded Pau for CP3, we tried to trade him for Deron, we almost put him in the Dwight deal. Dude came and helped take the Lakers to 3 straight finals with Kobe. Manned the fuck up versus our rival boston in game 7, the greatest game in my Laker fandom. We've put him with a coach that puts him at the 3 point line, etc. We brought in a clown college recruit center to take his place that was too mentally weak to stay. Meanwhile, Pau shut the fuck up, did what he was told, and played his hardest even through injury.

I'm done with this Pau moving stuff. Pau is a Laker. I don't care if it means one less draft pick, 3 slots lower in the lottery, or whatever else. He's my favorite Laker, I was him to stay and I want him to play it out here. He deserves it and as a fan, sometimes things like this matters.

So fuck trading Pau.

Fucking LOL

My desire to see Pau traded isn't a knock on him, it's because I think he's got a lot more left and he's honestly too good for the tank. I want to see the Lakers win 15 games next season.

Oh boy the best part of this thread is the now salty mavs and lakers fans. Lakers fans seem less salty than mavs fans, I think I've seen it all.

Cloudy

Banned

So fuck trading Pau.

I am sometimes harsh on the guy but I have to agree. He took way more shit than Dwight did but always did his best. Keep the Spaniard

Top Bottom