• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

My desire to see Pau traded isn't a knock on him, it's because I think he's got a lot more left and he's honestly too good for the tank. I want to see the Lakers win 15 games next season.

Lakers can't outtank Boston, utah, Philly, Kings, etc. Those teams are too horrible. Lakers will still have something and Kobe ain't sitting out all year.

Be realistic while being hopeful.

That said, I can't ever root for a tank...

Lakers can't outtank Boston, utah, Philly, Kings, etc. Those teams are too horrible. Lakers will still have something and Kobe ain't sitting out all year.

Kobe is probably missing half the season. It's July and he's barely able to start walking up steps and shit. If you take that into account, and, for the sake of arguement, get rid of Pau, even with Nash on the team, you can absolutely compete with the shittiest teams in the league. The roster is fucking AWFUL, especially for a coach like D'Antoni who sucks at coaching around his roster and just force feeds his system no matter how out of place it is. The potential for an epic tank is there.

All you need is a chance. Even if you don't get the number 1 pick, the draft is loaded. Any pick in the top 5 will get you a nice piece to pair with a ton of 2014 cap space.

Pau has to leave because he's too good to tank with.

Playing with scrubs while other people were hurt and with a ton of injuries the guy was still capable of triple doubles, if him and Nash can finally mesh and stay healthy they'd be like a 10th seed.

Amnesty Metta
Get whatever you can for Pau and Nash
Tell Kobe to make sure he's 100% and to have plenty of physical therapy setbacks.

The Lakers will be pretty bad next year just by the mere fact that they play in The Western Conference. They were bad last year with Kobe dropping 27 and with Dwight avging a double-double. No Dwight and now Kobe is recovering from an achillies injury.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rockets fans can attest to how good a "coach" McFail is

I just want Dream to visit more and try to help him. Don't get me started on McFail.

lol, the Jazz are way better than the Lakers without Nash or Pau. Our starting lineup is good enough to win 32 games even if a bench of Tinsley-RJeff-Evans-Gobert will destroy worlds with its terribleness.

Cloudy

Banned
I don't see much Lakers Age salt at all. Most Laker fans were expecting next year to be a shit show so there's not much to be upset about.

I bet the majority of Lakers fans are glad Dwight's gone.

The Spurs series was very revealing and we didn't like what we saw. Dwight w/o a real superstar beside him or elite 3pt protection is just awful to watch...

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
ClutchFans ‏@clutchfans
Says @dmorey: "This team isn't done. This team is very good. It's going to be a top team in the West and contend for a title."

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Dwight Howard took his meetings, left for two-plus days to think, made a decision, flew to LA, told Lakers face-to-face and called Houston.

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
Just spoke to Dwight Howard. He says, ultimately, he felt HOU gives him the best chance to win a ring: "I'm betting $30 million on it"

Howard hasn't handled past 2 years well - extremely poorly, in many instances -- but he did handle the end of this free agency process fine.

This is kind of blowing my mind. Did the new CBA kill the sign & trade? Or is it just a weird accident that can only happen between two cities with a large income tax disparity?

Kobe is probably missing half the season. It's July and he's barely able to start walking up steps and shit. If you take that into account, and, for the sake of arguement, get rid of Pau, even with Nash on the team, you can absolutely compete with the shittiest teams in the league. The roster is fucking AWFUL, especially for a coach like D'Antoni who sucks at coaching around his roster and just force feeds his system no matter how out of place it is. The potential for an epic tank is there.

Kobe's already jogging according to him.

Even half a season of Kobe will take them away from the tank.

I joked around about tanking and wiggins earlier, but I don't think a bottom 3 record is feasible because Kobe won't sit.

KingJ2002

A laker core of Pau / Kobe / Nash are too good to tank.

Move pau to the 5 and get a 4 to start... would have been good to pick up millsap... especially if he's gonna do a 2 year deal.

I agree with DP (ha), being in the WC will make it easy to tank. Spurs, Rockets, Warriors, Thunder, Grizzlies, Clippers.

Add that to the fact that LA is worse than a lot of the 'bad' WC teams like Utah, Nola, Minny.

The only teams we won't be worse than are like Sac, Phoenix and Maybe Dallas. We should be the 7th or 8th worst team in the league and even worse if Mitch moves our good palyers.

Time to watch Wiggins videos. aww yea.

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 2m
Howard said Kobe's challenging pitch at Lakers meeting did not affect him negatively: "Kobe did not factor into my decision whatsoever."

he never wanted to be here. still holding to that.

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 7m
Just spoke to Dwight Howard. He says, ultimately, he felt HOU gives him the best chance to win a ring: "I'm betting $30 million on it"

Owzers

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten

How is he still saying 30 million when he knows the tax situation?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Howard hasn't handled past 2 years well - extremely poorly, in many instances -- but he did handle the end of this free agency process fine.

The problem is due to Howard's reputation and past events everyone got taken for by shitty ass espn reporters and Alex Kennedy in the final couple of hours. Really made him look even dumber. Fegan also didn't help.

"How is he still saying 30 million when he knows the tax situation? "

It's Dwight, think about it? lol

Kobe's already jogging according to him.

Even half a season of Kobe will take them away from the tank.

I joked around about tanking and wiggins earlier, but I don't think a bottom 3 record is feasible because Kobe won't sit.

I think you are being very, very generous to Kobe's recovery. I know he's a beast and I know he's a freak of nature, but an achilles injury is no joke. Even when he is ready to get back on the court it's going to take time for him to get in his groove and for his foot to feel right. He's going to have a lot more up and down stretches where his mind wants to compete but his body just won't let him. It happens to everyone. If you think we are getting 40+ games of 2013 Kobe, I think you will be sadly disappointed. Not saying he won't compete, or play, or have some great games. He's Kobe. But he's also going to be less than a year off of a full achilles tendon tear.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Where do the Lakers go from here? They can't possibly think they have a chance at LeBron do they?

Nori Chan

i wonder who in lakers age isn't about that tank life

i know i'm not. i dont want it guys no. do you guys want to be like knux dy diehard salt blaster and samurai

How is he still saying 30 million when he knows the tax situation?
uhh..no one ever claimed dwight was the sharpest tool in the shed
Nathan-Fillion-Loss-For-Words-Reaction-Gif.gif

i know i'm not. i dont want it guys no. do you guys want to be like knux dy diehard salt blaster and samurai

I want it. It will be fun to see a scrubby team and not have to stress about making the playoffs/winning a title. I want that tank. Give it to me. I want to see Robert Sacre starting at center. I want to see Steve Blake leading the team in scoring.

I'm gonna mix their tears with some Jack and down it when Lakers tank for 1 season and get the generation's best player while they watch Turner, Kemba and Cousins whine like straight up bitches.

You can not want be about about tanking, but you gotta realize that it's what's best for the team because they Lakers are NOT making the playoffs

Top Bottom