• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Morey actually rebuilt the team without throwing in all his fucks and tanking the franchise. Being middling is frustrating as fuck but at the same time he didn't completely bottom out the franchise. Don't really see that route taken nowadays at all.
He sucked at tanking

Remember that time you guys had 3 middle of nowhere picks and were trying to trade them for Dwight?

Good thing someone gave you Harden for trash.

:)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Morey actually rebuilt the team without throwing in all his fucks and tanking the franchise. Being middling is frustrating as fuck but at the same time he didn't completely bottom out the franchise. Don't really see that route taken nowadays at all.

I hate tanking

If you end up horrible it can't be helped but having firesales is shitty for the game

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Daryl Morey ‏@dmorey
We have accomplished nothing. Only work ahead, but 4now I will sound a Barbaric YAWP 2the Rockets staff who worked so hard 2put this 2gether

Great attitude.

Smokey

He sucked at tanking

Remember that time you guys had 3 middle of nowhere picks and were trying to trade them for Dwight?

But he was never actually trying to tank. The Celtics are trying to tank. The Jazz appear to be as well. Morey never went that route.

thekad

Banned
He sucked at tanking

He didn't suck at it. You see his protege doing it big in Philly right now. He just got orders from the owner not to tank. A complete rebuild from contender to contender without a losing season is amazingly impressive for a team that's not the Lakers.

And I live in Seattle now where I can't watch live NBA basketball.

:(
Go to a Seahawks game or something. Have the reverse problem in San Antonio. Once basketball season is over, that's it for sports. Only had football that one season during the aftermath of Katrina where the Saints played some games at the Alamo Dome.

Dwight-Howard-Carlos-Boozer.jpg

"Fuck LA. Kobe ain't shit. Go to Houston. Then, demand that they trade for me, so I can get the hell out of this hell hole. We'll get plenty rings. Holdat. AND ONE!!!!"

Gold.

You forgot the "AAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY" before the AND ONE!!!!

Kobe is such an idiot he will fuck up the tank and rush back to try to "Amnesty THAT" the league.

And fuck his other Achilles up.

Shelf yourself, mang.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Chicago should offer Boozer for Asik.
Straight up, this trade actually works for both sides.

Here's an idea. Trade Boozer + pick (or Butler or Teague) for Asik. Then, trade Noah for LMA. Both sides win.

The only problem is that the Bulls don't have the balls or the creativeness to pull something like this off, even though LMA's agent has tried repeatedly to pull the Bulls into trading for LMA, but the Bulls say no.

Vire

All I gotta say is thank god for the lottery system because the amount of teams going for the tank next year is shameful.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He didn't suck at it. You see his protege doing it big in Philly right now. He just got orders from the owner not to tank. A complete rebuild from contender to contender without a losing season is amazingly impressive for a team that's not the Lakers.

There should be a And we owe it all to Presti. :D after each post saying how Morey did such a great job.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The Lakers needs to let go Steve Nash so that he can join the Heat and win a ring.

linsivvi

But somebody had to sweet talk Presti into that swindle

I think it has more to do with the cheapness of Presti's boss.

Buy an NBA team.

Move it from a large market to a small market.

Try to save money even though your team is contending.

Profit.

Blackace

Can't blame Presti if there was payroll pressure from upstairs

Go LA football

Pssh...my squad won a SB before and after leaving Cali.

I ain't even mad.

Meanwhile,SeaChicken fans out here still think Pete Carroll has the blueprint to the promised land.

As far as seeing the Dawgs play, I'll go check out UCLA when they play here later this year.

Blackace

Pssh...my squad won a SB before and after leaving Cali.

I ain't even mad.

Meanwhile,SeaChicken fans out here still think Pete Carroll has the blueprint to the promised land.

As far as seeing the Dawgs play, I'll go check out UCLA when they play here later this year.

I could say the same thing about the Sonics but then we'd both be lying about not being mad

And Super Bowl or not Seahawks play fun football

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Pretty sad that you have to go back to a regular season win to find joy in your life.
I could go back to the Nets series when Boozer was beastin, or a few of the Miami games when he was playing really well.

I have options when it comes to Boozer love.

I've had a breakthrough and made my peace with Boozer. Let him ride out his contract with us and lets just focus on getting a fucking 2 guard. Old man Kobe for Deng+CHA pick.

HenryHSH

Fuck... Now I'm really looking forward to tank and will be extremely disappointed if we don't. I want Wiggins.

Also, I'll finally be able to afford decent Lakers tickets (probably not but I can hope. :( )

Fuck... Now I'm really looking forward to tank and will be extremely disappointed if we don't. I want Wiggins.

Also, I'll finally be able to afford decent Lakers tickets (probably not but I can hope. :( )

No you won't.

Even in the 2004-05 season, the Lakers didn't drop ticket prices.

They're not dropping tickets over this shit.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I've had a breakthrough and made my peace with Boozer. Let him ride out his contract with us and lets just focus on getting a fucking 2 guard. Old man Kobe for Deng+CHA pick.
Progress is being made. Work is getting done.

One day, we'll be able to HOLDAT peace together as we support Booz. AND ONE!!!!! more thing, never forget that the Boozer Defense Force is here for you.

I like how Lakers-Age think they won't get gifted Wiggins no matter what.

Everybody else in the tank game need to accept Parker or Randale futures now.

Top Bottom