• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

diehard

Fleer
Pilon done last his

damnjazz.gif

Mind.

I wish Bennett would have participated in the measurement portion of the combine. I guess he would have if he had something to gain. He must really be 6'7 in shoes.

Edit: it's hard to believe he didn't grow any since his last listed measurement 2 years ago, but guys as physically developed as him don't tend to grow much past 18

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I wish Bennett would have participated in the measurement portion of the combine. I guess he would have if he had something to gain. He must really be 6'7 in shoes.

Edit: it's hard to believe he didn't grow any since his last listed measurement 2 years ago, but guys as physically developed as him don't tend to grow much past 18

Bennett is THE bad gamble of the draft.

All I see when I look at him now is JJ Hickson

Bennett is THE bad gamble of the draft.

All I see when I look at him now is JJ Hickson

After DWill and TRob I'd be really surprised if we made that gamble. That said Givony from draft express has some decent sources and that's who he has us taking. The crazy thing is that he'd probably be the best PF we've ever had day one outside of Diaw. How sad is that?

DY_nasty

After DWill and TRob I'd be really surprised if we made that gamble. That said Givony from draft express has some decent sources and that's who he has us taking. The crazy thing is that he'd probably be the best PF we've ever had day one outside of Diaw. How sad is that?

I'm still not ready to call TRob a bust because of how Sacramento had him training to be a SF btw....

That being said, Bennett has the best upside for us and Zeller has the highest floor.

I want to like Oladipo, but I just don't believe in taking a guard with no real offensive game to speak of that high in the draft.

pilonv1

I want to like Oladipo, but I just don't believe in taking a guard with no real offensive game to speak of that high in the draft.

This is one of those drafts where if I have a top 5 pick I'm trying to trade down for something 10-15 & another first. Just too many risks in the top 6

I'm still not ready to call TRob a bust because of how Sacramento had him training to be a SF btw....

That being said, Bennett has the best upside for us and Zeller has the highest floor.

We've got Oladipo like character hustle guys already on the team. I like him a lot, but he's not a good fit for us. Do you really think Zeller is the best big after Noel though? We really need an offensively skilled big, and he is certainly that but his average rebounding and unknown ability when it comes to shooting the long ball has me worried. I want a knockdown shooter for our 4 spot.

Edit: who do you like for our coach btw?

This is one of those drafts where if I have a top 5 pick I'm trying to trade down for something 10-15 & another first. Just too many risks in the top 6

Bobcats 4th for OKC 11th,29th and 31st sounds like a good trade for both to me. I just wouldn't know what OKC would want at 4. Maybe Len?

12 playoff appearances?

any Finals appearances?
There are 30 teams in the league and more than half of the league goes to the playoffs.
Not sure if making the playoffs should be paraded as an actual accomplishment when most of the league does the same.

I'm just trying to point out that if simply making the playoffs annually is the Jazz's ultimate goal then you've near succeeded? If bringing home a banner is the goal then you've failed. The Jazz unlike like the Warriors, Rockets, shoot, even the Knicks are not on the upswing. The Jazz just seem so stagnant. Like luke warm water year in, year out.

any Finals appearances?
There are 30 teams in the league and more than half of the league goes to the playoffs.
Not sure if making the playoffs should be paraded as an actual accomplishment when most of the league does the same.

I'm just trying to point out that if simply making the playoffs annually is the Jazz's ultimate goal then you've near succeeded? If bringing home a banner is the goal then you've failed. The Jazz unlike like the Warriors, Rockets, shoot, even the Knicks are not on the upswing. The Jazz just seem so stagnant. Like luke warm water year in, year out.

The 98 finals were exactly 15 years ago, so yeah they made it within the last 15 years. Also, lots of teams never won a chip.

Knicks on the upswing Bahahahaha. You lame.

Did they go further this playoffs than last? Yes. They're in the East so they won't be going to any Finals until the Heat decide to take a little break from winning; nevertheless, the Knicks have improved the last few years which to me is an upswing.

The 98 finals were exactly 15 years ago, so yeah they made it within the last 15 years. Also, lots of teams never won a chip.

Ok, I should have said 14 years ago =P

And yes, lots of teams never have won a championship, but for a franchise that hasn't enjoyed success in the last 14 years like it did for a good amount of seasons before, simply drafting well hasn't worked out for the Jazz. There's no Malone/Stockton on this team.

Did they go further this playoffs than last? Yes. They're in the East so they won't be going to any Finals until the Heat decide to take a little break from winning; nevertheless, the Knicks have improved the last few years which to me is an upswing.

Much like being on an actual swing, the Knicks reached the height of the 'upswing' and are now immediately swinging back.

Much like being on an actual swing, the Knicks reached the height of the 'upswing' and are now immediately swinging back.

Well, only time will tell. BTW, I wondered if you were a Knicks fan due to your avatar but reading your pessimistic outlook for the team, it's clear to me that you are in deed a fan of the Knicks. Congrats on a good season.

Luol Deng has announced that he will, once again, refuse to get surgery on his wrist this offseason.

Great. Looking forward to another mediocre season from him. Now that Butler has shown to be almost exactly the same player as Deng, we really should be trading Deng for a good SG. I'm thinking maybe throw a pick or two with him Orlando's way for Afflalo

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Great. Looking forward to another mediocre season from him. Now that Butler has shown to be almost exactly the same player as Deng, we really should be trading Deng for a good SG. I'm thinking maybe throw a pick or two with him Orlando's way for Afflalo

???

Afflalo is so bad. Trading for him has been Hennigan's worst move so far.

???

Afflalo is so bad. Trading for him has been Hennigan's worst move so far.

He's had a bad season, but he was the first option for a long time on a really bad team and probably didn't give a fuck, so I'm not sure if I should take his play this year as a measure of his ability. He might be too much of a gamble though.

I just don't know any other SG's who we could get.

He's had a bad season, but he was the first option for a long time on a really bad team and probably didn't give a fuck, so I'm not sure if I should take his play this year as a measure of his ability. He might be too much of a gamble though.

I just don't know any other SG's who we could get.

dont listen to darkside, he's a likely sex offender given he's a fan of my little pony and ryan anderson

DY_nasty

LOL nevermind

The Minnesota Timberwolves are targeting Victor Oladipo in the NBA draft, according to league sources.

The Timberwolves currently have the ninth overall pick and would have to move up to get Oladipo.

Flip Saunders is likely to engage the Charlotte Bobcats, holders of the No. 4 pick, in trade talks
http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...es-Targeting-Oladipo-Want-To-Move-Up-In-Draft

I guess we'll take Derrick Williams and whoever is around at 9. I'd be okay with that.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Raptors are going to meet with Masai Ujiri in the next 24hrs. They may be offering him around 3 million a year.

DY_nasty

Williams is a bust though.

Its like taking on salary and losing a bunch of spots for nothing.

Why wouldn't you just take McLemore?
Its expiring either way.

Williams is hot garbage but you haven't seen the gargantuan offensive shift we got going from Mullens to McBob - our offense was so completely gimped by playing without bigs that it made any kind of consistency impossible. McBob came in and Kemba wasn't fighting immediate traps and MKG wasn't committing suicide on the boards.

And eh... I liked his second half of the year better than Henderson's tbh.

And as for McLemore - I don't trust any Kansas player coached by Bill Self. (I liked TRob only because Self benched him to play the Morris twins together for amplified feels). Kansas players are notorious for being soft minded and weak bodied. McLemore was a complete cat all year long. He disappears and simply isn't good enough to warrant Beal level looks.

I agree about the concern with Self.

That sort of shooting and athleticism though...in a draft like this I don't think you pass on that, and Kemba and MKG can absorb all the feels aimed towards him.

DY_nasty

athleticism doesn't mean shit when you've got a 2010 vince carter motor

Preach.

And Oladipo is the better athlete too.

There's just no reason for a player to disappear the way he does. He's not even trying to be 'too smart' in the game or letting the game come to him or any of those other things - he's just not there.

Yeah, we do need shooters but we need size a lot more. Next year is more likely to be guard heavy and we've always got Henderson to fill that void until that time if the need arises.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Preach.

And Oladipo is the better athlete too.

There's just no reason for a player to disappear the way he does. He's not even trying to be 'too smart' in the game or letting the game come to him or any of those other things - he's just not there.

Yeah, we do need shooters but we need size a lot more. Next year is more likely to be guard heavy and we've always got Henderson to fill that void until that time if the need arises.

You guys are totally going to sign Seth Curry to a FA contract. He can shoot and you need dat Curry in purple & teal
and Steph's not walking through that door
Honestly I think Curry and Kelly will have better NBA careers than Mason. I think they have more to offer, if they stay healthy that is.

DY_nasty

You guys are totally going to sign Seth Curry to a FA contract. He can shoot and you need dat Curry in purple & teal
and Steph's not walking through that door
Honestly I think Curry and Kelly will have better NBA careers than Mason. I think they have more to offer, if they stay healthy that is.

I'd be shocked if we didn't get Curry (if he goes undrafted)

LOL nevermind

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...es-Targeting-Oladipo-Want-To-Move-Up-In-Draft

I guess we'll take Derrick Williams and whoever is around at 9. I'd be okay with that.

That would be great value for us. And it's almost guaranteed one of Zeller or Len would still be there at 9. We'd have actual talent in our frontcourt for the first time in 3 years. Kemba won't know what to do with himself.

Edit: i'd love to sign Curry to the team if he goes undrafted. The nostalgia overload of seeing a new age Hornets jersey with the name Curry on the back would be worth it. He'd probably be a solid contributor as well. He is a Curry afterall.

Holy fucking shit I finally remembered my password to my account! It's been like 4 months since I could log in and neogaf support was no damn help.

OJ Mayo sucks so much man, huge disappointment. Collison sucks really bad too, he got outplayed by mike freaking james, what an embarrassment.

Now time to get Dwight and CP3.

Edit: Still got santa Dirk avatar? Man it must have been longer than 4 months.

Holy fucking shit I finally remembered my password to my account! It's been like 4 months since I could log in and neogaf support was no damn help.

OJ Mayo sucks so much man, huge disappointment. Collison sucks really bad too, he got outplayed by mike freaking james, what an embarrassment.

Now time to get Dwight and CP3.

Edit: Still got stana Dirk avatar? Man it must have been longer than 4 months.

:lol

Top Bottom