• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lol Morey da troll... #bewell

@dmorey: Best of luck to @Highway_30 in Philly. I think he will prove doubters wrong. Of course, I have to give him a big #BeWell before he leaves! "

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Morey feelin' himself now. Brass balls.

"Royce White ‏@Highway_30 3m

@dmorey That's really cool man, I appreciate that a lot. Much respect for you & this organization... for having a open mind. #BeWell friend"

Too bad Royce didn't have an open mind about even trying. #goodriddance

eNyn7pd.jpg

Westlo

Harden needs to become the complete package this year. Offensively he needs to be hovering around 50% while dropping 28-30ppg. Dude should be absolutely relentless going to the basket.

And with the Smith for Asik trade in the works... what lanes is he going to be driving to the rim? disgust @ the spacing a Beverly, Harden, Parons, Smith and Howard lineup gives.

Into

I know everyone hates Dwight, but at least he did not go with the money and stayed with the decaying and poor Lakers, he chose the team that had the best chance of actually winning stuff in the next couple of years.

Maybe Lakers can go after Bynum? Why the hell not? Then you can have a new rivalry between Houston and Lakers

Omega

Banned
Howard and Harden already haha

Dwight Howard @DwightHoward

Houston we have liftoff http://instagram.com/p/bajffHKixn/
2:47 AM - 6 Jul 2013

lol @ a 14 year old girls response

"melanieejimenez - You're a bitch"

It's shocking that a 14 year old types like a normal person, especially a girl. They always have some weird fucking way of typing shit, making things so much more complicated than they need to be

Brett Poirier NBA ‏@BrettNBA 5h

Sources: If the Rockets can unload enough cap room, they're likely to make an offer for Rajon Rondo.

Rockets are now pursuing Rondo and Smith?

Rondo
Harden
Parsons
Smith
Howard

wut.

Into

I do not think they can get both Rondo and Smith, one of them, sure.

Imagine lots of stars would want to join this super team, as guys like Rondo, Smith are stuck in no mans land.

I do not think they can get both Rondo and Smith, one of them, sure.

Imagine lots of stars would want to join this super team, as guys like Rondo, Smith are stuck in no mans land.

Even though it's probably impossible, Kevin Love would make the team a legit contender, Wizard Morey needs to look into that.

shira

Rockets are now pursuing Rondo and Smith?

Rondo
Harden
Parsons
Smith
Howard

wut.

That team would be uncoachable.
Harden and Parsons wouldn't say a thing
Smith would chuck up midrange jumpers
Rondo would do whatever the fuck he wants
Howard would just be pulling teenage pranks the whole time

giri

That team would be uncoachable.
Harden and Parsons wouldn't say a thing
Smith would chuck up midrange jumpers
Rondo would do whatever the fuck he wants
Howard would just be pulling teenage pranks the whole time

Uhh what? that would be a pretty fucking good team. 1 guy top 5 at his position, 1 top 10, 2 top 15 and parsons.

it's a very balanced team with a clear alpha in Harden being the most talented on the team.

I still don't like a smith/dwight front court. It lacks any real post play, but they should be a good PnR team.

Knox

That line up is terrible. Whoever starts at point for the Rockets needs to be able to hit the three. I'm ok with it being Beverley since he can also play D. Have Lin be sixth man (if he's still with us) so we have someone who can run the offense when Harden is out. Rondo can't shoot and he would take the ball out of Harden's hands. He would have a bigger impact on a different team.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
What's next for the L.A. Lakers? They'll try to make a run in the 2013-14 season and then make a run at LeBron James, according to sources.

Now, why the hell LeBron would leave the great situation he has in Miami just to play for the Lakers? Does the LAL really believes every NBA players wants to play for them?

linsivvi

When did I say that? A quote would be quite useful (hint it doesn't exist)! I'm sorry you're angry I got a laugh out of some salty comments I guess?

I don't see much Lakers Age salt at all. Most Laker fans were expecting next year to be a shit show so there's not much to be upset about.

I'm talking about the "kobe gonna kill the rockets/go ham all season" stuff.

And who the hell is angry? I am mocking your driveby posting and backtracking.

linsivvi

Uhh what? that would be a pretty fucking good team. 1 guy top 5 at his position, 1 top 10, 2 top 15 and parsons.

it's a very balanced team with a clear alpha in Harden being the most talented on the team.

I still don't like a smith/dwight front court. It lacks any real post play, but they should be a good PnR team.

Really?

masud

Banned
Can we stop with the Lakers favortism meme? In the last 3 years they got stern'd on CP3, Dwight left for a smaller contract to the only city with more smog, and the new CBA conspired to screw their financial situation.

So move on, already.

There used to be Laker favoritism. This is your comeuppance. 100 years of darkness son. It's not that bad, we're in like year 40 ourselves.

What's next for the L.A. Lakers? They'll try to make a run in the 2013-14 season and then make a run at LeBron James, according to sources.

Now, why the hell LeBron would leave the great situation he has in Miami just to play for the Lakers? Does the LAL really believes every NBA players wants to play for them?
I'm pretty sure there are a lot of teams with this same plan though.

shira

On paper it is fantastic but personality-wise I doubt McHale can handle Rondo. If Doc Rivers came to fisticuffs wtf is going to happen with KMac.

Into

Rosenberg put it best:

The Lakers were selling the past and future, but not the present.

Howard has wasted enough time, with flip flopping with the magic, chasing the coach out, 1 weird year in LA (granted most of this is Dwights own fault), and now waste another year waiting for Kobe to return and play for a coach he, nor anyone else really believes suits the Lakers? Why would he stay in Los Angeles, vague fantasy promise of maybe LeBron James?

Do not see how this was a hard decision at all, Rockets were far and away the best choice.

The LA media does. Hell, ESPN and Broussard keep constantly talking about how no superstar has "EVER" left the Lakers.

As shit as the spacing would be I'd still do the Rondo, Smith, Dwight combo. Too much talent defensively and there's nothing wrong with winning ugly so long as you're winning.

giri

Whats wrong with that

Harden is top 5 as a SG and dwight top 10 as a C?

On paper it is fantastic but personality-wise I doubt McHale can handle Rondo. If Doc Rivers came to fisticuffs wtf is going to happen with KMac.

Eh, i'm a rondo hater, and even i know he fits ok with that team. Its true, there are better pairings than Josh smith (i'm looking at you al horford) in the front line, but its still not terrible. And lin is all out of place anyway. Either harden is going to handle, or he should be a spot up instant shot 3. Lins not really that guy.

ISOM

Harden may be the most talented on that team but he is not an alpha type of player. Just gotta look at his timidity in many of the playoff games he's been in.

Not sure if Rondo pays the slightest bit of attention to a thing Mchale says. too headstrong, Mchale isnt a hardass.

Harden may be the most talented on that team but he is not an alpha type of player. Just gotta look at his timidity in many of the playoff games he's been in.
he was exhausted from putting that Rockets team on his back all year.

giri

You mean the timid behaviour where he was their clear #1 option with out a #2 or 3?

Rockets got close because harden imposed as much as he did. no other reason.

Not sure if Rondo pays the slightest bit of attention to a thing Mchale says. too headstrong, Mchale isnt a hardass.

Yeah, thats just a dumb opinion to have. If Rondo isn't paying attention he gets shipped out before the trade deadline. And his trade value is still relatively high.

ISOM

You mean the timid behaviour where he was their clear #1 option with out a #2 or 3?

Rockets got close because harden imposed as much as he did. no other reason.

Yeah, thats just a dumb opinion to have. If Rondo isn't paying attention he gets shipped out before the trade deadline. And his trade value is still relatively high.

I mean there were moments that harden clearly didn't want to "take over" the game. In the playoffs the rockets offense would become stagnant and instead of providing a spark for them, he would continue to pass off the ball to someone else, resulting in bad shots or turnovers. That is not alpha to me.

Top Bottom