• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Smokey

Beverly
Harden
Parsons
Jones
Howard

Bench

Lin
Garcia
DMo
Asik

Lin would make a good sixth man and if the Ws can move Jefferson, Rush, etc. We can move Asik and Lin next summer in the big FA pool.

Morey still needs to make more moves. And Garcia is gone. Asik coming off the bench would be amazing. You also forgetting about Isaiah Cannan. I think dude is gonna be nice.

Smokey

Missing wide open jumpers with Beal and Webster on B+ shot grades + James ' Eurostep for free points ' Harden = dat dashboard salt

gimme howard so I can bang down low instead of playing 4 on 5, and maybe josh smith to dunk on anybody from the free throw line #weready

Morey still needs to make more moves. And Garcia is gone. Asik coming off the bench would be amazing. You also forgetting about Isaiah Cannan. I think dude is gonna be nice.

Garcia said he'd be open to coming back for less money. I think Lin would work better off the bench. I'm okay with where we're at.

Cheddahz

Banned
I really don't mind if the Rockets trade Lin, I'm not a big fan of him anyways, but I would like to keep Asik and move Howard to the 4

thekad

Banned
Since the Hawks have Millsap now, I wonder if Morey can work out a three way deal with the Mavs where they get Asik. Do they still have picks?

Cheddahz

Banned
Your first statement was perfectly fine. Something went wrong with the second.

Howard can't play the 4....he can guard the 4 kinda but he can not exist away from the paint on offense.

I really just want to see Asik stay with the Rockets, he really improved his game and I would like to see him stay around and see him and Howard both be on the starting lineup, even though I am living in fantasy land

I really don't give two shits about Lin though, I want an actual point guard

Asik is only getting 5 mil this year but next year he's getting 14.9. I think there's a good chance he stays this year and gets shipped next year for a good PG or forward.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1h
Mavs' post-Dwight interest in Bynum is legit. They ARE pursuing him. Yet it's been made clear they'll make detailed/careful evaluation first

Yesterday I speculated that this is what the Mavs might try to do, and the next 5 posts were LOL's. I wouldn't want Bynum on my team either, but don't estimate Cuban wanting to spend his cap money on a player after striking out the past thousand years in free agency.

He's gonna be disappointed. If the Rox try to build their style of play around Dwight and not Harden, that's the wrong decision.

Also, it's amazing how few people don't realize that Dwight plays unappealing basketball. Even at his peak, it wasn't a thing of beauty.

Most people just watch highlights on Sportscenter, which is why the most recent Spurs team are still considered "boring." Dhoward has enough blocks/dunks to fill a 30 second clip on Sportscenter to make people think he's fun to watch. For enthusiasts like most people on this board that actually watch games though....

KingGondo

Banned
Most people just watch highlights on Sportscenter, which is why the most recent Spurs team are still considered "boring." Dhoward has enough blocks/dunks to fill a 30 second clip on Sportscenter to make people think he's fun to watch. For enthusiasts like most people on this board that actually watch games though....
I also had to :lol at Parsons calling Dwight an "all-time great center." At his peak he was definitely a force of nature, but I consider Yao to be a better player than him. Yao could do it all, and he worked to improve his craft on both ends. Dwight's offensive game is still a joke.

The Stealth Fox

D12 wants McHale he has like a million post moves! Plus he wants folks to forget about his coach killer label. Houston will eventually fire him but he'll be around way longer than he deserves.

We aren't winning anything with McHale as coach, period. I knew he was a dud the moment Houston chose him

My only hope is that McHale's coaching career somehow goes along the lines of Doc Rivers. Rivers was notoriously crap before he became respected as a "motivating coach" after the Celtics won the championship in '08

That being said, D12 is the best center in the league, and he has been for years. But that says more about the offensive game of the centers in this league rather than Dwight's game on the offensive end. On defense though, he's one of the best.

KingGondo

Banned
Yea he's bad but Dwight and his peeps will not want him gone unless its McHale's choice. He'll probably be around til next offseason.
I bet he'll be around at least into the middle of the 2014-15 season, since their record is likely to substantially improve next year through Dwight and the other players' development.

Presti needs to get some balls and fire Brooks already though. Damn he's terrible.

We aren't winning anything with McHale as coach, period. I knew he was a dud the moment Houston chose him

My only hope is that McHale's coaching career somehow goes along the lines of Doc Rivers. Rivers was notoriously crap before he became respected as a "motivating coach" after the Celtics won the championship in '08

That being said, D12 is the best center in the league, and he has been for years. But that says more about the offensive game of the centers in this league rather than Dwight's game on the offensive end. On defense though, he's one of the best.

Rivers got Coach of the Year in 2000 - he wasn't "notoriously crap" plus the Celtics were a lottery team with Delonte West at PG before '08.

Zep

Banned
lol that's Jordan type shit.

Lol wat. That's like jordan/lebron/bird/durant level.

harden's midrange game needs a lot of work though.

And with the Smith for Asik trade in the works... what lanes is he going to be driving to the rim? disgust @ the spacing a Beverly, Harden, Parons, Smith and Howard lineup gives.

The pick n roll...How does it work?! That's what separates the elite playmakers from the rest...The lack of "floor spacing" doesn't matter to them, they get to the basket and convert, get fouled or create easy baskets. They're not going to be playing the Spurs, Grizzlies or Heat everynight. You're overthinking it.

And it doesn't surprise me that PI didn't know his own player dropped those type of numbers during the 2005 & 2006 seasons and Harden is capable of doing the same thing now with Dwight in the lineup. And he'll need to do it if they wanna get past OKC or San Antonio,

Last season outside the paint and within the 3 point line Harden is 33.6%, 76 of 226

He needs to work on his mid range game.

Wade last season was 38.8% 144 of 371

Bron was 43.4%% 175 of 403

Kobe was 42.5% 237 of 558

Ellis was 36.3% 181 of 498

Jennings was 39.5 130 of 329

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Accordin to Woj, Asik wants to come back to Chicago.

I guess Asik didn't hear about how the Bulls treated LMA's desire to want to come to Chicago.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wow Lakers players lol Also I dont usually defend Howard and this is childish as hell, but Kobe started it lol

DGqhJL4.jpg

Matrix

You'll understand when the only guys on Houston who like Dwight are 20 year old rookies.

Or just maybe Howard will grow up some. Who Knows? I'm gonna give him a chance.

This is salt though, which is not happening from Lakers fans here.

"Lakers Nation ‏@LakersNation 38s

Jodie Meeks, who is now my favorite player, posted an Instagram pic of Dwight wearing makeup and WNBA jersey. http://bit.ly/11pWH91"

Forever, you can't see a joke/sarcasm? You actually think I expected Lin to tweet Howard right away lol Dude hasnt tweeted in days. Most likely on vacation or just living his life.

edit- In your defense you don't know my post history about Lin.

Cloudy

Banned
Looking at it objectively, Lakers best move would be to trade Pau for depth, Amnesty Kobe, buy-out Nash and shamelessly tank...

However, circumstances just make than untenable.

- Clippers are so good and you'd be ceding fan interest.
- Kobe is probably the most beloved Laker ever and his fans would revolt
- Kobe would not sit out a year and rejoin them. He would join a contender as soon as he could play

Not even sure what they can do. Probably should have traded Dwight if they had an inkling of this during the year. Losing Dwight isn't a big deal but getting NOTHING for him is a disaster

The pick n roll...How does it work?! That's what separates the elite playmakers from the rest...The lack of "floor spacing" doesn't matter to them, they get to the basket and convert, get fouled or create easy baskets. They're not going to be playing the Spurs, Grizzlies or Heat everynight. You're overthinking it.

And it doesn't surprise me that PI didn't know his own player dropped those type of numbers during the 2005 & 2006 seasons and Harden is capable of doing the same thing now with Dwight in the lineup. And he'll need to do it if they wanna get past OKC or San Antonio,
ayo 06/05/09 wade was a gawd. I can see Harden dropping the ppg maybe but not at that efficiency.But It wouldn't surprise me though since he won't have to carry the offense himself but I don't think it happens.
Also, he's a headless chicken if he's not above the 3pt line or rushing to the rim. 2013 playoff wade's midrange is better.

Top Bottom