• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

rockets keeping garcia it seems like

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 3m
Rockets to re-sign their free agent guard Francisco Garcia to a two-year deal paying $2.6 million, a source tell Y! Sports.

Cost efficient, looks like he taking a discount by half.

EDIT: MORE THAN HALF, read it wrong wow. Big Discount

thekad

Banned
The Wizard.

How can one so deep into analytics, have someone with a coaching style like McHales...
McHale was the only one who would let Morey put his replacement on the bench. Chris Finch will be our next HC. Plus McHale was a selling point for Dwight.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Rockets to re-sign their free agent guard Francisco Garcia to a two-year deal paying $2.6 million, a source tell Y! Sports.

Perfect.

Smokey

Good resign.

I liked Garcia last year. Will be a good role player and he really did take a discount.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dwight Howard's four-year, $88 million maximum contract agreement with the Houston Rockets will include an early termination option after the 2015-16 season and a 15 percent trade kicker, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

great.

He nets more money in Houston due to taxes. Not saying he did it for the money (Houston has a much better roster) but enough of this "left money on the table" crap

The endorsement potential has to still be significantly higher in LA than Houston. I mean, he'll be able to hang out with George W Bush and a bunch of rich oil barons, but it's no Hollywood.

SamuraiX-

Not quite sure why anybody is excited to have a 32 year old broken down Cisco on their team, but for only $2.6M for two years I guess wouldn't complain either.

I'm going to guess that Brandy calling another country a bunch of barbarians will get him banned at least 2 weeks

It's too bad Bynum the Maverick will happen before that

Forever

Banned
Not quite sure why anybody is excited to have a 32 year old broken down Cisco on their team, but for only $2.6M for two years I guess wouldn't complain either.

He was anything but broken down in the playoffs and he is a tremendous locker room presence, not to mention a class act. I knew he wanted to come back to Houston but they got him for much less than he was worth.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Did you even watch him on the Rockets last season or against OKC?

SamuraiX-

C7MNX4K.png

JNGblse.png

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I hate you, reilo. ;_;

Was really hoping the Kings would grab him... Can we at least try for AK-47 now?

dream

wow Lakers players lol Also I dont usually defend Howard and this is childish as hell, but Kobe started it lol

DGqhJL4.jpg

Tough talk from someone named "Jodie." And his last name is "Meeks!" Is there a more feminine name than Meek Jodie?

SamuraiX-

He played his role well last year. Was pretty big for us in the playoffs too.
He was anything but broken down in the playoffs and he is a tremendous locker room presence, not to mention a class act. I knew he wanted to come back to Houston but they got him for much less than he was worth.
Did you even watch him on the Rockets last season or against OKC?

Give him a full season.

He'll disappoint you soon enough.

And he's not worth anymore than $3M/yr at this point. I am surprised to see him take half that much though.

Forever

Banned
Give him a full season.

He'll disappoint you soon enough.

And he's not worth anymore than $3M/yr at this point. I am surprised to see him take half that much though.

Basically every teammate he has ever played with has sung his praises about how good he is for chemistry and morale. The Rockets will be getting their money's worth for that alone.

It would break my heart to root against him and some of the other Rockets players if they see the Nets in the finals.

jjasper

There was a bidding war for Wright but I think that bidding war was about 4 teams saying "we have a MLE come play for a playoff team" where as Portland offered more.

Matrix

You're telling me that, of all the people in the world that one could pretend to be, someone chose to impersonate Jodie fucking Meeks?

lol

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
There was a bidding war for Wright but I think that bidding war was about 4 teams saying "we have a MLE come play for a playoff team" where as Portland offered more.

$3mil is far below the MLE though.

Matrix

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU ALL MISS KONEX SAYING THIS?

Only Kobe's most delusional fans think he's the "most beloved Laker ever".

Shit is amazing.

It's Konex. We have been dealing with this for years now lol

Yea his mid-range does need work, as shown here, but his biggest issue is the amount of 3's he shoots. That needs to be cut to three attempts per game and then take those shots into the 3-9, 10-15ft range for a floater/jumpshot off a pick n roll. Also, that 5.7(at the rim) needs to be be in the high 6's, low 7's. Him learning to play closer will go a long way into getting that FG% way above 43%. Dwight is gonna be huge for his game as long as he doesn't settle on 3's.

FG% is a bad stat. His TS% is .600, which is around where KD and Lebron were until they became godlike this season. He's already crazy efficient for a high volume scorer.

Top Bottom