• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ezzpuli.png

4EFZ9dS.png

smh

That little town got a championship from him. Shaq gonna Shaq.

Dramos

HA! After these past few seasons being patient with the Pistons, I can finally sense a good team re-build. Front court has full of potential now: Drummon, Monroe, Mitchell, Kravtsov... oh my!

Derwind

I hope he starts and plays more than 23 mpg

Ujiri should've traded gay while he could

I'm scared that Rudy Gay is going to affect our tanking ability. =(

We're destined to treadmill.

Not good enough to make an impact in the postseason(or even make it to the postseason) but not bad enough to get draft day success.

:|

Meh.

Clips are stuck in treadmill mode.

The roster, as currently constructed, is still 2nd round at best and we're locked into that roster given the salaries for the next 3 years as everyone ages.

... fuuuuuuuu

Derwind

Meh.

Clips are stuck in treadmill mode.

The roster, as currently constructed, is still 2nd round at best and we're locked into that roster given the salaries for the next 3 years as everyone ages.

... fuuuuuuuu

Well at least the ClipShow are LA's team now. Thats something.

Dramos

Who do they have in the back court now?

A lot of combo guards if you ask me (Knight and Stuckey). They also have Will Bynum but he's not consistent. They need a pure PG.

I would say Brandon Knight, Greg Monroe (Unfortunately) and maybe CV or someone from the bench for Rajon Rondo.

exarkun

Landry isn't starting, you fucking clown.

Landry is gonna take Ppat and Thompson's job real soon. Better offensive game than both, and he rebounds/hustles. Its just his D isn't that great. Its a good signing.

Do you guys have money left over for Ariza or is he off the table?

J2 Cool

Howard signing in Houston is best move for hm, now only one problem. Asik will ruin a team if he's unhappy. Gar needs to get on the phone, and remind Houston who Howard won a gold medal with. Carlos. Slides in nicely next to Howard, his game won't eat away at Howard's development only complement it. Then, call Portland and ask how they would like Asik and some picks for LMA. Gar needs to get his Brad Pitt in Moneyball on.

Honestly though, Boozer/Howard makes more sense to me than Smith/Howard. Howard's defense covers, Boozer gets easier cleanups (his bread and butter), and you would be sick on the boards. I've talked up the imaginary scenarios of landing Howard in Chicago for years. Smith on the other hand is one too many shaky personalities for that team, which doesn't really have a veteran. Of course the idea of Asik creating any controversy in Houston is hilarious, guy can hardly speak english, but you don't need $20 million tied up in a backup center vs creating a potent frontcourt.

SamuraiX-

Landry is gonna take Ppat and Thompson's job real soon. Better offensive game than both, and he rebounds/hustles. Its just his D isn't that great. Its a good signing.

Do you guys have money left over for Ariza or is he off the table?

Carl Landry would've been fine if we didn't already have DMC/Chuck + JT/Patterson and weren't in desperate need of a legitimate SF.

I really don't want Ariza. I wanted AK47. I'm really pissed that we didn't even try to chase him or even Dorell Wright for that matter. After you add in the contracts of Landry, McLemore and McCallum, Kings will probably be around $55-58M... maybe just a couple million shy of the salary cap.

That's our free agency right there unless we amnesty Salmons (which won't happen because fuck logic, right?) and go after a real SF.

JCjChXQ.png

Jason gets off the treadmill as the Kings are just getting back on it.

These Kings beat writers are such fucking clowns.

Unbelievable that Dwight picked Rox over Dubs without letting the Smith situation play out.

One team did exactly what he wanted, get another star player and he picked the opposite team, lol

SamuraiX-

jvxVVM1.png

Kerr brings up a good point... they get more talent with Iggy, but Jack and Landry were absolutely key pieces for them last year.

They have zero depth now.

Wonder who they'll go after to replace those guys.

Do they even have enough cap space so they don't step too far into luxury tax? We'll see how much the new owner wants to spend.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Unbelievable that Dwight picked Rox over Dubs without letting the Smith situation play out.

One team did exactly what he wanted, get another star player and he picked the opposite team, lol

joke post? or out of the loop.

jvxVVM1.png

Kerr brings up a good point... they get more talent with Iggy, but Jack and Landry were absolutely key pieces for them last year.

Do they even have enough cap space so they don't step too far into luxury tax? We'll see how much the new owner wants to spend.

Barnes will come off the bench now, but yeah, besides him their second unit doesn't have much offensive punch.

jvxVVM1.png

Plus 3 of their starting five have a history of injuries.

SamuraiX-

P5tFAM3.png

Shut up, Carl. Don't act like the reason you came back wasn't because we were dumb enough to pay you twice as much as any other team was offering.

Top Bottom