• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

SamuraiX-

OnLVee9.png

lmfao

I love how the Cavs talked about defense and now have acquired Bennett, Karasev, and Jack this offseason, lol.

They must think that Brown is a god, but I don't get how Jack fits with Irving and Waiters even if Mike Brown was the greatest defensive coach in the history of basketball.

smh at people worried about back ups. Landry and Jack were solid ass players on the Ws but they're back ups, you don't win with your bench.

dalVlatko

I love how the Cavs talked about defense and now have acquired Bennett, Karasev, and Jack this offseason, lol.

They must think that Brown is a god, but I don't get how Jack fits with Irving and Waiters even if Mike Brown was the greatest defensive coach in the history of basketball.

COTY Mike Brown said:
"I'm not trying to throw these guys under the bus," Brown said. "I'd say it to their face. We had Damon Jones and Donyell Marshall here, and we were one of the top defensive teams in the league.

Believe

I really hope we are going after Asik

dalVlatko

Do the cavs have anything that the rox would want? outside kyrie that is.

Hometown hero Daniel "Boobie" Gibson is just the sharpshooter Houston needs to surround Dwight Howard with!

I don't know what it would take to get the deal done, I'm just hoping there is some plan besides "Mike Brown will teach them to play defense" and "Anderson Varejao will be a great defender for 30 games"

Spooks

I don't see a problem with cavs getting jack. They needed a back up pg, they got him. Only six per I believe. I like it.

it's hilarious how people are calling him a bitch/saying he ain't shit and Lakers didn't need him or want him

I hate the phrase, but those instagram photos are the epitome of salt. it's like that dude who is mad his girl left him so he goes around saying "i didnt like that bitch anyway"

People hate on anything and everything on facebook/twitter/instagram. They are just looking for attention, so that they can say "Hey I called Dwight Howard a bitch!"

Spooks

It's a massive overpay. They should be able to get a solid back up guard in the draft, not have to give one $25 million.
And they had more important things to take care of other than the back up pg as far as the draft was concerned. Sadly when it comes to free agency cleveland is always going to have to over pay a little because its cleveland. It's not killing their cap space either so who cares?

He was getting $5.4/year in GS and now he is getting $6.3...

I wouldn't call it a "massive overpay" when Jose Calderon just got $7.3 a year

Jose Calderon is going to start. The Cavs best player is a PG. Investing another $25 million over 4 years into that position seems stupid. Develop a young player there instead. It's not like Jarrett Jack is some prize. He's a solid player but he won't help an average at best team like Cleveland.

SamuraiX-

And in all of this, I bet we don't bring James Johnson back... the only real SF we have on this fucking roster.

I hope Young starts over Salmons so we at least have a nice wing defender in the middle of all the fuckball chaos.

exarkun

Shaq is so free right now.

lol, thinking same thing. Its like "bitch, didnt you run from orlando too? Getting swept two time in a row a little much for you?"

also, lol at the kings. They buying ALL the guards and backups, so the rest of the league won't have any. Then they make it to the playoffs. Interesting idea.

Complete subject change NBA-gaf. Some of you may remember that I've been doing charity work to get books into the hands of disadvantaged children in the mid-Michigan area. I have some good news/follow up on that. We initiated a grant cycle 3 weeks ago in the area that will enable local non-profits and Title 1 schools to request enough money for about 2,200 books for needy kids in the area. If things go smoothly, in about 5 weeks, the chosen groups will be able to start buying books for the kids they serve :)

Wut

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m
Hearing: Golden State & Dallas locked in battle at top of Jermaine O'Neal's list. But also hearing Dwight's Rockets now expressing interest

Wut

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m
Hearing: Golden State & Dallas locked in battle at top of Jermaine O'Neal's list. But also hearing Dwight's Rockets now expressing interest

Major bidding war for Jermaine O'Neal LOL

Complete subject change NBA-gaf. Some of you may remember that I've been doing charity work to get books into the hands of disadvantaged children in the mid-Michigan area. I have some good news/follow up on that. We initiated a grant cycle 3 weeks ago in the area that will enable local non-profits and Title 1 schools to request enough money for about 2,200 books for needy kids in the area. If things go smoothly, in about 5 weeks, the chosen groups will be able to start buying books for the kids they serve :)

congrats man

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lol Dwight's Rockets... really Stein smh

If that's true... they're really looking into trading Asik... nooooooooo :(

edit- congrats obijkenobi

So because of all this free agency stuff, I figure it would just be easier to actually join Twitter than refresh a bunch of pages.... so I do... and I see recommendations for people I know in real life and within minutes someone I know is following me? I haven't tweeted the first thing, and might never.

Do not like. :/

Emwitus

Having a rough day and this is a pleasant thing to read. Keep up the good work

giri

And in all of this, I bet we don't bring James Johnson back... the only real SF we have on this fucking roster.

I hope Young starts over Salmons so we at least have a nice wing defender in the middle of all the fuckball chaos.

Thats because Johnson was pretty bad.

He might've been your best, but thats not to say he was good.

He was however the only one that tried consistently on D. But thats because thats all he had.

Grats

B.O.O.M

Congrats man. it's always nice to hear about such outcomes. Best of luck

Top Bottom