• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Pkaz01

You are welcome o'neal. Take notes Oden instead of trying out for dumbass teams u should be hitting up the suns everyday

Thats amazing obijkenobi, well done.

Good for him, he's been looking for that Juwan Howard opportunity on a team for nearly two decades.

Juwan-howard-dance.gif

How dare you call him ***** *******

Call him TWO TIME

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lol Dallas, no words.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
This is the worst possible outcome. Just signing a bunch of random pieces. Like why Devin Harris AND Jose? What the hell is the point?

There is no point except maybe Cuban spent OD money in attempting to get one championship and after he finally got one. He now doesn't feel like spending more than he makes on his basketball asset in pursuit of another one.... At least not for now.

Mavs are the west coast bulls but for once Cuban is smart enough not to talk about it unlike reinsdorf....

Cuban said he'd either be really good or really bad. What a load of shit. This team is going to get another 13th or 14rth pick.

Well I've been hearing a ton of Mavs fans (not necessarily here) saying "This team is closer to a title than people think, almost made the playoffs with Dirk missing time, they won't have as bad garbage etc. etc."

he probably thinks the same

also, NOBODY has talked about chris kaman lol. maybe he'll be miami's august acquisition

Jeff-DSA

So the Jazz let Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, and DeMarre Carroll go and they got back Biedrins, Rush, and Richard Jefferson? Why did this have to happen? I was ok letting Al Jefferson go...but the other two burn. I don't want Biedrins, Rush, or Jefferson at all. Can we just put them into the d-league? I shouldn't go on vacation anymore.

I hate this offseason. At least draft day was good.

diehard

Fleer
So the Jazz let Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, and DeMarre Carroll go and they got back Biedrins, Rush, and Richard Jefferson? Why did this have to happen? I was ok letting Al Jefferson go...but the other two burn. I don't want Biedrins, Rush, or Jefferson at all. Can we just put them into the d-league? I shouldn't go on vacation anymore.

I hate this offseason. At least draft day was good.

Uh because they are on one year contracts and the Jazz had to meet the minimum salary requirement. We got 2 unprotected first rounders and 2 second rounders. It was a great move.

Rush is good, you want him.

Kronotech

The Suns brought Jermaine O'Neal back into relevance when everyone else thought he was done. I loved him as our back-up 5 and often preferred him to Gortat. He's still got gas left in him so I'm bummed we're not picking him up again.

Well I've been hearing a ton of Mavs fans (not necessarily here) saying "This team is closer to a title than people think, almost made the playoffs with Dirk missing time, they won't have as bad garbage etc. etc."

he probably thinks the same

also, NOBODY has talked about chris kaman lol. maybe he'll be miami's august acquisition

I thought they could have made the playoffs last year if Dirk was healthy, but they wouldn't have been good enough to do anything meaningful. I was hopeful that we'd get Dwight then a few other pieces and be right back in it in 2014, but now? Jermaine O'neal, Devin Harris, and Jose Calderon? Like is Mark Cuban a fucking rookie owner? He uses all these statistics and this is the best they can come up with? I'm sick to my stomach.

The Suns brought Jermaine O'Neal back into relevance when everyone else thought he was done. I loved him as our back-up 5 and often preferred him to Gortat. He's still got gas left in him so I'm bummed we're not picking him up again.
no

phoenix is joneal's life line. he can't live or have any impact without their med staff,

KingGondo

Banned
Complete subject change NBA-gaf. Some of you may remember that I've been doing charity work to get books into the hands of disadvantaged children in the mid-Michigan area. I have some good news/follow up on that. We initiated a grant cycle 3 weeks ago in the area that will enable local non-profits and Title 1 schools to request enough money for about 2,200 books for needy kids in the area. If things go smoothly, in about 5 weeks, the chosen groups will be able to start buying books for the kids they serve :)
You are the man. Illiteracy is a huge unaddressed problem in our society and it's awesome that you're doing what you can to address it.

I've been tutoring illiterate/semiliterate adults for the last year and it has been an great experience. Getting these people exposed to books early is the best way of helping them.

Best-GAF truly is Best-GAF.

Jeff-DSA

Uh because they are on one year contracts and the Jazz had to meet the minimum salary requirement. We got 2 unprotected first rounders and 2 second rounders. It was a great move.

Rush is good, you want him.

Rush is always hurt. There's a chance that we might hear Jefferson speak. Biedrins is only good for committing fouls and missing FTs. I dunno, maybe they won't be around by the trade deadline, but I really wish that we had kept Thrillsap.

SamuraiX-

Jason Lloyd @JasonLloydABJ
In first 3yrs as #Cavs GM, Chris Grant spent less than $7 million in free agency. He has spent $34 million this summer (counting option yrs)

Lmfao

What a fantastic barometer for measuring competence and success.

diehard

Fleer
Rush is always hurt. There's a chance that we might hear Jefferson speak. Biedrins is only good for committing fouls and missing FTs. I dunno, maybe they won't be around by the trade deadline, but I really wish that we had kept Thrillsap.

65 games was the least he had played before last year. It doesn't matter if they are around by the trade deadline, this season is about getting the young guys better and getting good picks for the strongest draft in a decade.

If you were hoping for a playoff team you will be disappointed.

Jeff-DSA

65 games was the least he had played before last year. It doesn't matter if they are around by the trade deadline, this season is about getting the young guys better and getting good picks for the strongest draft in a decade.

If you were hoping for a playoff team you will be disappointed.

It'll be fine when we trade those three guys to Portland for LMA, I guess.

giri

It'll be fine when we trade those three guys to Portland for LMA, I guess.

Millsap was never the answer. He's a good guy, but he was being wasted on the jazz in their current state, and he was holding you back also.

He's just not a starting level 4, if he's your best big.

And what is LMA going to do to help that your biggest depth problems seem to be everything outside PF/C?

LMA would be such a bizzare pickup for the jazz.

Jeff-DSA

Millsap was never the answer. He's a good guy, but he was being wasted on the jazz in their current state, and he was holding you back also.

He's just not a starting level 4, if he's your best big.

And what is LMA going to do to help that your biggest depth problems seem to be everything outside PF/C?

LMA would be such a bizzare pickup for the jazz.

I'm just messin' with reilo.

J2 Cool

So where is Houston going to move Asik? Him and Dwight could be fearsome for stretches defensively, but not for the better part of games. Asik rides the bench making 20m/2yrs. After Josh Smith, what PF options do they have? A play at LMA? (feel like Portland's drowning out the LMA wanting to leave talk though honestly)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So where is Houston going to move Asik? Him and Dwight could be fearsome for stretches defensively, but not for the better part of games. Asik rides the bench making 20m/2yrs. After Josh Smith, what PF options do they have? A play at LMA? (feel like Portland's drowning out the LMA wanting to leave talk though honestly)

Ryan Anderson is the obvious fit but I really don't think the Pelicans are interested in moving him.

Terrence Jones is probably the only option they have right now. Morey is going to have to work some magic.

Big Baby is available!

Vire

Dwight on his Decision:

“It was on the Fourth of July,” Howard said. “That’s when I felt it was Houston. I was in Colorado. It seemed like every person that I met was from Houston. It was just so ironic. I’d walk around. Someone would ask for a picture. They’d give me a business card and it would say Houston on it. I was like, “Is everybody in Colorado from Houston right now?’ It was unbelievable. “I was like, ‘You know what, this has to be from God.’ You pray for things to happen. You pray for signs, for God to show you things. It just seemed like, this was it.”

#godforhouston

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Jarret Jack is a huge upgrade for the Cavaliers. And of course we'd have to overpay a decent free agent, I mean who is really surprised? That's the only logical way a team like CLE is going to get one to come to this city.

Boobie Gibson and Tristan Thompson.

Wellscha

Excuse me NBA Gaf, I'm clueless when it comes to the inner workings of how players are traded and how it works since I'm a college basketball fan and I never follow pro basketball at all.

Here's my question, Why didn't Dwight Howard consider the Heat and vice versa?
I'm pretty sure the Heat would dominate the league if Howard goes there.

Excuse me NBA Gaf, I'm clueless when it comes to the inner workings of how players are traded and how it works since I'm a college basketball fan and I never follow pro basketball at at.

Because he would have to take like $2 million a year instead of $20 million. NBA has a salary cap and LeBron, Bosh and Wade take up all of Miami's.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Excuse me NBA Gaf, I'm clueless when it comes to the inner workings of how players are traded and how it works since I'm a college basketball fan and I never follow pro basketball at at.

Basketball has a salary cap in place.

Its a good thing too because super teams would be pretty crazy without it.

Top Bottom