• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

That would be great value for us. And it's almost guaranteed one of Zeller or Len would still be there at 9. We'd have actual talent in our frontcourt for the first time in 3 years. Kemba won't know what to do with himself.

Len doesn't last until 9 and I have seen mocks where Zeller goes to the Kings at 6.

JoeFu

Banned
Holy fucking shit I finally remembered my password to my account! It's been like 4 months since I could log in and neogaf support was no damn help.

OJ Mayo sucks so much man, huge disappointment. Collison sucks really bad too, he got outplayed by mike freaking james, what an embarrassment.

Now time to get Dwight and CP3.

Edit: Still got santa Dirk avatar? Man it must have been longer than 4 months.

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

we are garbage! next season should be fun

Len doesn't last until 9 and I have seen mocks where Zeller goes to the Kings at 6.

I've gone over the scenarios and there aren't many where both Zeller and Len go in the top 8. McCollum and Adams could easily slip into the top 10, which would guarantee one of them is there at 9.

I don't blame people for never watching Indiana games.

They don't have any real eye-drawing talent and they play an offensive form of basketball.

I personally only saw 10 or so Indy games and maybe 20 NY games. It was clear they had an edge on NY. NY needed hot 3pt shooting and Melo to score a lot and do it efficiently. Indy was good at protecting the 3 and could stop iso Melo 4 out 7 games.

They gave zombie Boston that work tho....kinda.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Zombie Boston was hilarious. They couldn't decide if they wanted to tank or not and they Charlie Browned it up until they fucked around and made the playoffs.

diehard

Fleer
should i be at all happy for this Dennis Schroeder dude?

All the mock drafts had us taking Brandon Knight instead of Kanter 2 years ago though so not that it mattters...

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

we are garbage! next season should be fun

JOEFU its been forever, I didn't have anyone to vent with about the Mavericks because all my friends are thunder fans. I sure hope we find out soon after FA starts if we get either of those players. Don't want another Dwill heartbreak again (even though I'm glad we didn't get him)

DY_nasty

Roy Hibbert was garbage all season long scoring the basketball. I dont regret my pick at all, nobody saw him putting up 20 and 14 a game against Chandler.

Nobody knew anything other than NY was going to get fuckballed apart and their fragile minded team definitely couldn't handle it.

Melo literally has only had 1 playoff run where he played well and didn't make his matchup look like a star and that was 7 years ago....against 35 year old Bruce Bowen, 33 year old Finely and 34 year old Brent Berry. And they still got backdoor swept in the first round.

That's what Melo gets you. Some amazing regular season scoring, some real bad streaks and then playoff chucks with very little D.

I think the Bobcats should draft Oladipo. Pairing him with Gilchrist would give them one of the best young defensive units in the entire NBA. They could give Kemba Walker the thumbs up to score in volume. The only way drafting Oladipo is feasible is if the Bobcats could get someone that can score on the interior. Is it possible for them to sign Millsap? Walker, Oladipo, Gilchrist, Millsap, and maybe Mullens/Biyombo would be a solid young team.

Or they could trade down and get Zeller. Maybe play Zeller at PF and start Biyombo as center. Zeller is an incredibly underrated athlete and I think a lot of teams will sleep on him.

Everybody knew Melo was gonna eat a phat one and that relying on 3 pt shooting usually doesn't work.
I find it hilarious that everyone tried to give Tyson Chandler a pass for having his lunch handed to him by a guy CHRIS FUCKING COPELAND held to 4 and 8 in a game in April, yet everyone wants to shit on Carmelo for playing through a torn labrum that he'd re-aggravate every other game (thanks KG and West!). I've had family members/seen vets go through that shit, it's no day at the park.

DY_nasty

I find it hilarious that everyone tried to give Tyson Chandler a pass for having his lunch handed to him by a guy CHRIS FUCKING COPELAND held to 4 and 8 in a game in April, yet everyone wants to shit on Carmelo for playing through a torn labrum that he'd re-aggravate every other game (thanks KG and West!). I've had family members/seen vets go through that shit, it's no day at the park.

Chandler has been the best player on your team for the past two years.

I have no clue why you guys want to shit on him for playing hurt - I think he might be the only person who realizes how valuable he is to that team.

And there's no point in bringing up regular season stats between streaky teams in the regular season. Especially when one of the guys is a nobody.

There's plenty of dick for more than just 1 Knick to suck. JR faded too and JKidd. And then there's Amare.

There's plenty of dick for more than just 1 Knick to suck. JR faded too and JKidd. And then there's Amare.
Amar'e wasn't expected to do anything in the playoffs. JR got his mojo stolen, although you wonder if the fluid in his knee bothered him much (sure didn't impact his shitty D/rotations). Carmelo definitely takes alot of blame, but guys like Kidd and Chandler are bigger culprits IMHO.

Y'know... beat-writers have started bringing up how much the Knicks really could've used Kurt Thomas and Rasheed Wallace, two guys who are well-known for guarding people in the low post. Oh well, when you bet on age/experience it can be a risky play.

Amar'e wasn't expected to do anything in the playoffs. JR got his mojo stolen, although you wonder if the fluid in his knee bothered him much (sure didn't impact his shitty D/rotations). Carmelo definitely takes alot of blame, but guys like Kidd and Chandler are bigger culprits IMHO.

Y'know... beat-writers have started bringing up how much the Knicks really could've used Kurt Thomas and Rasheed Wallace, two guys who are well-known for guarding people in the low post. Oh well, when you bet on age/experience it can be a risky play.

When it comes down to wondering what could have been if you kept a 38 year old Sheed and a 40 year old Thomas ...then there were obviously bigger issues. Kurt did give some yougins the bussiness tho, did not expect that at all.

When it comes down to wondering what could have been if you kept a 38 year old Sheed and a 40 year old Thomas ...then there were obviously bigger issues. Kurt did give some yougins the bussiness tho, did not expect that at all.
Well no one expected Chandler to regress to Bulls Chandler w/ the strep throat/back/rustiness, but I remember training camp Woody would say guys like Rasheed/Kurt would show up at playoff time with the whole vet experience thing. At least Knicks are moving away from that and seem to be trying to hit their homers in the draft/expand the roles of the "young" guys.

why are you trying to blame chandler for playing hurt
I'm not blaming Chandler as I'm commenting how it's weird no one else is blaming anyone else but Carmelo for also playing hurt. Chandler was obviously limited, not hurt; he hadn't recovered fully from the various aliments that plagued him down the stretch, not to mention the weight loss. In the playoffs everyone has alot of nagging injuries... Felton had a ankle sprain he was playing through, JR had fluid in his knee,Carmelo was playing through a partially torn labrum, K-Mart was playing through a severely bruised wrist and Mike Woodson was coaching through dementia.

What I'm trying to say is in the playoffs, playing hurt/limited doesn't suddenly absolve you of blame. And you can't really pick and choose who to lay blame on either with injuries.

DY_nasty

I'm not blaming Chandler as I'm commenting how it's weird no one else is blaming anyone else but Carmelo for also playing hurt. Chandler was obviously limited, not hurt; he hadn't recovered fully from the various aliments that plagued him down the stretch, not to mention the weight loss. In the playoffs everyone has alot of nagging injuries... Felton had a ankle sprain he was playing through, JR had fluid in his knee,Carmelo was playing through a partially torn labrum, K-Mart was playing through a severely bruised wrist and Mike Woodson was coaching through dementia.

What I'm trying to say is in the playoffs, playing hurt/limited doesn't suddenly absolve you of blame. And you can't really pick and choose who to lay blame on either with injuries.

You are blaming Chandler - when he's played his ass off or at least shown up in each of his playoff runs.

Carmelo has always been a loser. And he's always hurt. And he's always been a loser too. JR is Carmelo's punk ass little brother. KMart is old and busted. Kidd is old and busted. Felton played the best he has in 3 years and he still sucked. There's nothing there. Its what people have been saying all year long.

And stop blaming Woodson too. It doesn't how much shuffling of the roster he does when the roster is shit.

Felton was a big fat dissapointment most of the series. I expected more from him. why didnt Camby get a crack at Hibbert tho.

charsace

Dude you have serious problems in regards to Carmelo. He isn't the reason the Knicks lost the series. Chandler, JR, Kidd, and Felton all did not do what was needed to win this series. You are hating melo to the point where you are looking like an idiot.

Knicks had too many guys who are usually the loose cannon on other teams. The guy on contenders who fans say 'as long as X doesn't do Y' we have a chance.

As long as Chandler/Amare are healthy...
As long as JR/Melo play D, don't chuck and keep their emotions in check
As long as Felton acts like he has some god damn sense
As long as Kidd keeps from rotting
As long as Novak could do something/anything
As long as Woodson adjusts

Too many things had to go right that rarely do for these particular guys.

The only man who has the right to point fingers is Shumps. And that's hilarious.

Dude you have serious problems in regards to Carmelo. He isn't the reason the Knicks lost the series. Chandler, JR, Kidd, and Felton all did not do what was needed to win this series. You are hating melo to the point where you are looking like an idiot.

I typed out my original post before I read this, but even prior I criticized other players for what happened. In case you haven't noticed Melo usually is not a net positive in the playoffs. There have been a couple games where he was aweome but he gets his shit slapped on one end or the other more times than not, it's kind of his thing.

not on my screen. can you post how it looks from your perspective plz?

864yrbI.png

here

DY_nasty

I love how yal think Felton was 'consistent'

That was literally the best he's ever been since his 2nd year in the league.

Fuck Chandler though. Trying to play defense instead of catching alleys...

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
You are blaming Chandler - when he's played his ass off or at least shown up in each of his playoff runs.

Obviously your trolling. That whole series was decided by Hibbert dominating the paint. Chandler just got outclassed in that series.

But like Frankman said Knicks are going to maximize their youth. I really think they get bullock in the draft for the corner 3 shot/defense so they can expand on shumps role in the starting lineup. Cause he deserves it since he was the only roleplayer who showed up in this years playoffs.

Also JR can't drive lefT. It wasn't fluid in his knees that did him in offensively (though I might have with the defensive rotations) If he can work on that and just improve a little on that he would be a lot more dangerous offensively.

I love how yal think Felton was 'consistent'

That was literally the best he's ever been since his 2nd year in the league.

Fuck Chandler though. Trying to play defense instead of catching alleys...

if tyson took more responsibility for his shit play then i wouldnt be mad at him. instead he feels he didnt fail the team and defers to his injuries to explain his poor play.

JR for all his fuckery accepted all the blame despite having knee problems. i also dont remember melo using his shoulder injury as an excuse either

Top Bottom