• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
if tyson took more responsibility for his shit play then i wouldnt be mad at him. instead he feels he didnt fail the team and defers to his injuries to explain his poor play.

JR for all his fuckery accepted all the blame despite having knee problems. i also dont remember melo using his shoulder injury as an excuse either

Its easy to accept blame when you never gave a fuck in the first place.

After watching Oladipo a bit more closely, I think I'm kind of with you on his bust potential, Faze, but for different reasons. His decision making on defense just seems oddly bad a lot of times...But I can't think of anyone other than Noel and Porter that I like better than him lol. This draft's top 10 is awful.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

I got to agree with you. He didn't give a fuck until game 5 and by then it was too late. I think he did in the end though especially if his teammates got at him (or his agent did for throwing millions away)

i like tyson but im not gonna pretend he was anything near good and he definitely didnt come through when we needed him. he said hes going to look to bulk up and work on his offense, learn some post moves and shit so i hope he can come back stronger next season

I got to agree with you. He didn't give a fuck until game 5 and by then it was too late. I think he did in the end though especially if his teammates got at him (or his agent did for throwing millions away)

i heard some rumors about him being coked up the whole time. fucking JR

DY_nasty

i like tyson but im not gonna pretend he was anything near good and he definitely didnt come through when we needed him. he said hes going to look to bulk up and work on his offense, learn some post moves and shit so i hope he can come back stronger next season

he carries your team's defense for two years straight, puts up with all the dumb pg play and off court drama then he gets hurt and people shit on him for trying to push through

thats what i don't get

especially when you got so many other obvious issues on that team

giri

he carries your team's defense for two years straight, puts up with all the dumb pg play and off court drama then he gets hurt and people shit on him for trying to push through

thats what i don't get

anyone in NY blaming problems on Tyson is just bball dumb.

masud

Banned
Dy and Morris are hilarious. Melo and the Knicks are mediocre but they got exactly as far as they were supposed to go, certainly further than Dy and Morris expected (til October moris goddamn). Meanwhile the Lakers just came off of one of the biggest let down seasons in the history of sports. And by the time the cats get out of tank mode Dy's son will be ducking Dy's grandson. But they still wanna talk shit? Salt.

DY_nasty

Dy and Morris are hilarious. Melo and the Knicks are mediocre but they got exactly as far as they were supposed to go, certainly further than Dy and Morris expected (til October moris goddamn). Meanwhile the Lakers just came off of one of the biggest let down seasons in the history of sports. And by the time the cats get out of tank mode Dy's son will be ducking Dy's grandson. But they still wanna talk shit? Salt.
Yeah, I'm shocked you all made it to the second round and won a game.

...I'm kinda shocked you're all acting like this though. Like it was a surprise or a letdown going out like this.

masud

Banned
Yeah, I'm shocked you all made it to the second round and won a game.

...I'm kinda shocked you're all acting like this though. Like it was a surprise or a letdown going out like this.

I don't think it was a surprise, I called the Knicks getting eliminated in the 2nd round for the next 5 years at the beginning of the season. I just thought the Knicks had a chance against Indy with home court.

LOS ANGELES—Ahead of his impending free agency, Lakers center Dwight Howard told reporters Thursday that he is “very interested” in moving to Houston and completely ruining the Rockets. “They have a great young core of players with James Harden and Jeremy Lin, so I’d obviously love the chance to go shatter their chemistry and tear the entire locker room apart,” said Howard, adding that he would “relish the opportunity” to totally undermine Rockets head coach Kevin McHale. “There are a few teams on my radar right now. Dallas has a really solid roster too, and I’m definitely intrigued by the prospect of clashing with Dirk Nowitzki and running that whole franchise into the ground. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens.” Howard did stress to reporters, however, that he has not yet ruled out remaining in Los Angeles to continue destroying the Lakers for the foreseeable future.

onion

After watching Oladipo a bit more closely, I think I'm kind of with you on his bust potential, Faze, but for different reasons. His decision making on defense just seems oddly bad a lot of times...But I can't think of anyone other than Noel and Porter that I like better than him lol. This draft's top 10 is awful.

i like porter but he strikes me as a low ceiling player since he can't create his own offense, plays below the rim and has average lateral quickness. id bet on oladipus over him since he at least has absurd athleticism and has demonstrated the ability to isolate at the top of the key and get into the paint with his quickness.

2Z66I.jpg

This is awesome.

i like porter but he strikes me as a low ceiling player since he can't create his own offense, plays below the rim and has average lateral quickness. id bet on oladipus over him since he at least has absurd athleticism and has demonstrated the ability to isolate at the top of the key and get into the paint with his quickness.

I think Porter is smart enough to still become a high level defender even with just OK athleticism. I suppose Oladipo does have a higher ceiling, but it's kind of weird how far away he is with his decision making on both ends even after three years in college.

Reading comprehension is hard in this thread, man.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
If this was even remotely true then it would be a good come back. You stay salty though. Enjoy the Dwight D'Antoni era.

Not even they losing Dwight which means they going to tank for lottery picks. All jokes aside if they lose Dwight it takes the lakers from reboot mode to rebuild mode and that is going to require some shitty seasons to happen first.

thats what i don't get

The history is the only reason I am not in the "Tyson is a bum" camp, but reality is he bummed it up in that series. Knicks need to find him a half decent backup cause he is being worn down as the only real center.

Maybe Camby is that dude (I think the knicks shut him down so he could heal his plantar fasciitis) but they should still find somebody else to play third string.

The play of Gasol, Hibbert, and Asik in the playoffs has lead me to the idea that Jeff Withey is going to be the steal of this draft and a star player. Just ridiculously good at protecting the rim and he'll be strong and quick enough...

Kevtones

Anthony Bennett looked young and soft at times but he's probably top 2-3 ceiling wise. He looks way bigger than he plays though.

He's a dumb prospect when you think about it. He's a 4 year player but people love the upside when he's a near finished product already.

Drafting a guard based on defense is one of the most useless things you can do with a top 5 pick.

He built his ENTIRE career as taking efficient shots on low usage.

Everything about him screams high energy/good athlete roleplayer.

The play of Gasol, Hibbert, and Asik in the playoffs has lead me to the idea that Jeff Withey is going to be the steal of this draft and a star player. Just ridiculously good at protecting the rim and he'll be strong and quick enough...

I've always said that I liked Withey and Dieng defensively over any of these other guys. Why get Len with a top 5 pick when guys like them are available late?

Witheys PNR defense is going to be absurdly bad though. He can't hedge or do anything but wait under the screener so any 5 with a jumper or stretch 4 in a smallball lineup is going to get wide open J's.

Other than that he's awesome.

Anthony Bennett looked young and soft at times but he's probably top 2-3 ceiling wise. He looks way bigger than he plays though.

People say that but then they don't explain how he's going to actually score at the next level. He doesn't have all that explosive of a first step, its a good first step for college when nobody has the strength or weight to stop him from barreling into the lane and getting tip ins and dunks off of misses, but it won't go down like that in the NBA.

And the league is getting small...LOL at him staying on the court against the Melos and LeBrons of the world who are going to simply blow by him at every moment or simply shot fake his 6'7, pudgy ass.

And watch his longball not even carry over--tweeners come over here like D.Williams with good college touch and then can't hit for shit in the league due to faster, bigger defenders with elite close out speed.

Lol
He's 30, he isn't going to suddenly develop post moves that are worth using in an NBA game. And bulking up would be a pretty dumb move considering how reliant his game is on athleticism and mobility. Just be glad he's great P&R finisher (when healthy) and don't expect anything more on offense.

DY_nasty

"Hell naw I don't own a Bobcats jersey. I can get season tickets for the same price!"

DEAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia4bW797GLQ

Derrick Williams vs Duke.

I'm still shocked how badly Derrick has played in the pros. His film blows Bennetts away. Bennett was going to be better at blocking shots and rebounding but his offensive upside doesn't even come close to Derrick Williams.

Derricks failings are what have turned me away from tweeners forever.

I still want to believe in him :(

Emwitus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia4bW797GLQ

Derrick Williams vs Duke.

I'm still shocked how badly Derrick has played in the pros. His film blows Bennetts away. Bennett was going to be better at blocking shots and rebounding but his offensive upside doesn't even come close to Derrick Williams.

Derricks failings are what have turned me away from tweeners forever.

I still want to believe in him :(

Those aren't even impressive highlights. In the second half they mention he only had 1 reb, at 6 10' that's a joke....his shooting form is all kinds of awkward and he always seems to be on the perimeter and in love with his jump shot. No defensive highlights like blocks, steals etc and it's just a video of a guy getting hot.

Those aren't even impressive highlights. In the second half they mention he only had 1 reb, at 6 10' that's a joke....his shooting form is all kinds of awkward and he always seems to be on the perimeter and in love with his jump shot. No defensive highlights like blocks, steals etc and it's just a video of a guy getting hot.

lulz

anyway, stealing this from the wiz board

nate33 said:
This stat geek likes Porter much more than Bennett. He ranks Porter as a very likely to be an all-star caliber player, with Bennett being a hit or miss prospect. Application of his system to the last 3 draft classes have been pretty accurate.

His past stuff is pretty accurate

The one that shocked me was how high MCW was, but I haven't followed him at all so IDK

As a Dallas fan, I hope they don't get Dwight and Chris Paul. Dwight Howard is a cancer and Chris Paul has really pissed me off with his coaching demands of late. I'm not sure how much either of them have in the tank.

The truth of the matter is that in today's NBA a team can contend with a well-balanced team. Memphis and Indiana are both really, really good teams and there's not a clear cut super star on either team. If you can get a bunch of good role players and a second option that know their role on the team and don't cause issues your team can compete with anyone in the league. That's exactly what Dallas did when they beat Miami. They were a good team. If Dallas had Dirk, Dwight, and Paul the rest of the team would be garbage and they'd be one injury away from a wasted season.

As a Dallas fan, I hope they don't get Dwight and Chris Paul. Dwight Howard is a cancer and Chris Paul has really pissed me off with his coaching demands of late. I'm not sure how much either of them have in the tank.

The truth of the matter is that in today's NBA a team can contend with a well-balanced team. Memphis and Indiana are both really, really good teams and there's not a clear cut super star on either team. If you can get a bunch of good role players and a second option that know their role on the team and don't cause issues your team can compete with anyone in the league. That's exactly what Dallas did when they beat Miami. They were a good team. If Dallas had Dirk, Dwight, and Paul the rest of the team would be garbage and they'd be one injury away from a wasted season.

I don't think Dallas is in a position to be picky with their superstars...

If they don't take any risks this offseason, they're going to get swept in the first round again, if that.

I don't think Dallas is in a position to be picky with their superstars...

If they don't take any risks this offseason, they're going to get swept in the first round again, if that.

They don't need superstars. They need to get a legit second scorer and a bunch of good role players that know what their role is.

Porter's age, efficiency, and high assist+steals+block numbers cause most statistical models to love him. One of the reasons why I think the Cavs are pretty certain to go with Porter if they get scared of Noel's knees and can't find a trade partner.

MCW having super high assist and steal numbers causes him to be rated really high by these models as well since high Assist+steal+block numbers have generally translated to NBA success, but I think his assist and steal numbers are more a result of scheme than his intelligence or athleticism.

I just want another player who can take the offensive pressure from Dirk. I don't really care to get both Paul and Howard, just one of them to command a double team that will give Dirk room to operate. I'd prefer Paul come here if he actually wants to and some decent role players. That's what I hope happens this offseason.

I disagree because you get those superstars and a lot of role players will look a lot better than they really are

you just need to surround them with the right guys

DY_nasty

So basically.

We're getting Zeller, Derrick Williams, and maybe a 2nd too.

I'm good with that.

lulz

anyway, stealing this from the wiz board

His past stuff is pretty accurate

The one that shocked me was how high MCW was, but I haven't followed him at all so IDK

i've seen shut up and jam referenced elsewhere but i still think it's a bit crapshooty to me, while he's been relatively consistent in naming the best of the best in each class he also does stuff like rating derrick williams above vucevic and faried

Top Bottom