• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Darkman M

She just won free agency, from a 20k Wnba salary to the big leagues. in all seriousness though it's just an engagement right? who knows when or how that might go.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Thats the dumbest thing ive read on so many levels. You mean surgically repaired back? It's quite literally impossible to play through a broken back. And no, he never suffered that injury. Not like he did and refused to play through it when it happened, like Dwight was doing with the torn labrum.

"Hey guys, unless you happen to have the same injury as another person, you should give yourself that injury before you can comment"
Just because you played through injuries doesn't make you an expert on all injuries therefore you should stfu...

Telling the press is idiotic on so many levels

Shadow780

Durant got engaged to WNBA player Monica Wright.

Monica-Wright.jpg

Better than ScarletJo's bath water.

Kwame Brown
Ht.: 6-11. Wt.: 240.
High school: Glynn Academy (Brunswick, Ga.).
College choice: Florida.
Key statistics: Averaged 20.1 points, 13.3 rebounds, 5.8 blocks, three assist, and 2.2 steals this season. Scored 1,539 career points.
Favorite subject: Literature. “I like to write.”
Favorite musician: No favorite individual; R&B and rap.
Favorite player: Michael Jordan. “He’s still my guy. I don’t think we’ll ever see a player like him again.”
Describe yourself: “Versatile. On the court I can do many things, and in life I can adapt to different situations.”

lol

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/preps/basketba/2000-2001allusaboys.htm

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9458074/chris-paul-los-angeles-clippers-happy-stay

Chris Paul is all about Clipper Nation. Lots of quotes. One snippet:

Paul's preference was always to remain in Los Angeles, but he admitted the Clippers' hiring of Doc Rivers made his decision to remain with the Clippers easier.

"I'm so excited to play for him," Paul said. "Words can't describe it. Doc is amazing. Everything that has happened doesn't automatically translate into wins but it gives you an opportunity to win so I'm excited about the process."

Paul was hesitant to elaborate on the moves the Clippers or other teams have made, keeping in mind the NBA moratorium rules that are in effect until July 10, but said he was encouraged with everything the Clippers have done so far this offseason.

exarkun

Ehhh I wouldnt put Lebron on that list Ryu. Like those guys, hes been with his recently-made fiance since high school. But unlike them, hes waited a looooong time before tying the knot. Hes not even married yet. And hes always been clear to call her his gf. So he never did anything technically adulterous or gotta pay the money if they got split off.

But yea, I agree he should wait. Never ends well.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 27s
Volume rising on rumbles Randy Foye will wind up w/Nuggets. Which would take DEN out of Monta Ellis race & clear way for Hawks to sign Monta

Ehhh I wouldnt put Lebron on that list Ryu. Like those guys, hes been with his recently-made fiance since high school. But unlike them, hes waited a looooong time before tying the knot. Hes not even married yet. And hes always been clear to call her his gf. So he never did anything technically adulterous or gotta pay the money if they got split off.

But yea, I agree he should wait. Never ends well.

Jordan married his college groupie, er sweetheart.

I include LeBron because LeBron is a rock star. Calls himself a Heatle for goodness sake.

Getting married before you are all done playing has disaster written all over it.

George Brett had it right.

Derek Jeter is the blueprint for how mega athletes should be off the field, imo.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Jordan married his college groupie, er sweetheart.

I include LeBron because LeBron is a rock star. Calls himself a Heatle for goodness sake.

Getting married before you are all done playing has disaster written all over it.

George Brett had it right.

Derek Jeter is the blueprint for how mega athletes should be off the field, imo.

getting married ever when you've spent years as a womanizer due to having a lot of money and fame is a recipe for disaster. Jeter is the blue print but thats because Jeter is discreet and has been able to avoid getting some woman pregnant.

Though on the flip who are we to judge these guys man, none of us can relate to having that many possible beautiful women scheming to attach themselves to us for a free ride to luxury. The one night stands for these guys are girls most men would simp over if they let them hit it every so often.

pilonv1

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 6m

Yet there are also fresh rumbles that Sacramento is trying to muscle into the Monta-Stakes and challenge Atlanta's presumed edge for Ellis

Poor Samurai

The Kings don't know what they're doing.

It almost looked like they did with the Evans S+T. Probably overpaid for Landry when they have some depth inside and now overpay Ellis?

SamuraiX-

bAUPbgJ.png

If we pay Monta Ellis double figure millions for 4 years, I'm fucking done.

Better clear some space on that Rockets bandwagon. I'll be living vicariously through Cisco and Casspi.

This rumor better be complete bull shit. At least you can make some semblance of sense out of the Landry signing but not this. No way in fucking hell.

pilonv1

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m

Alternative scenario starting to circulate has Hawks & Bucks talking sign-and-trade -- Jennings for Teague -- with Monta winding up in SAC

wow Milwaukee...

Teague
Mayo
Ilyasova
Sanders
Pachulia

Delfino
Henson

Am I missing something?

pilonv1

I don't know, if the Kings gave up Salmons, Thornton & Patterson or some combo of them for Monta without draft picks that's not really a bad trade, it's a sideways one.

pilonv1

Thanks, pilon.

That possibility actually makes me feel a little better. ;_;

I'm of the opinion if you're going to be terrible you can at least be entertaining. If nothing else Monta can be fun to watch sometimes.

Of course he's also a horrible person for Cousins to learn from. Maybe big Carl can keep them in check.

I don't see this ending well.

LeBron, Kobe, Durant, Jordan, Magic...

Dudes had no business being married.

yeah its pretty fucking stupid. i would probably stay single or rather unmarried without kids until i retire or i somehow fall in love for reals. you could almost walk up to any girl and get laid. endless supply.

lebron could get any pussy in this whole planet. but he got married so early. at least he got cute kids and he looks happy so whatever.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
True, but McLemore, the Landry signing + Monta might make them late lottery, which seems like an awful plan.

I don't think its anything other than a bunch of lateral moves.

Is Monta really a bigger net positive (or smaller net negative) than Tyreke at this point?

SamuraiX-

I'm of the opinion if you're going to be terrible you can at least be entertaining. If nothing else Monta can be fun to watch sometimes.

Of course he's also a horrible person for Cousins to learn from. Maybe big Carl can keep them in check.

I just hate it. It felt like the culture of this team was finally turning around...

What pisses me off the most is that Ellis will fuck up McLemore and McCallum's development. He really is the last guy I would want them to learn from.

Stern, you still have a chance to veto one last trade! I never doubted you, man!

yeah its pretty fucking stupid. i would probably stay single or rather unmarried without kids until i retire or i somehow fall in love for reals. you could almost walk up to any girl and get laid. endless supply.

lebron could get any pussy in this whole planet. but he got married so early. at least he got cute kids and he looks happy so whatever.
Lebron has probably been fucking any girl he wants since highschool. And this will be his 10th year in the league . Shit gets old, it's not early at all.

exarkun

wow Milwaukee...

Teague
Mayo
Ilyasova
Sanders
Pachulia

Delfino
Henson

Am I missing something?

That is a scary bad team. Fuuuuu if you thought your favorite team had trouble doing anything positive last year...yikes.

Love sanders, delfino, and illy tho.

Top Bottom