• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

-- Sources indicate Celtics director of basketball operations Danny Ainge will likely buy out forward Paul Pierce's $15 million contract for next year ($5 million is guaranteed). If that happens, Grant should be first in line to try to acquire Pierce's services. However, before anyone gets too giddy, Pierce will likely want to go to a serious contender.

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2013/05/26/sports/nh6970927.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Grizzlies and Clippers probably the two most likely destinations I would think.

Al Farouq Animu

Paul George

-________ -

Ugh, geriatric Paul Pierce. Can he play anymore?

2.Evan Turner
3.Derrick Williams
4.Wesley Johnson
Some really bad life choices in that draft.

Pierce was really bad vs the Knicks, but he basically tried to do everything. He can provide some good offense at 20 mins a game or thereabouts.

giri

What do you think of Hornacek, girich?

Adama, i'm happy with the hire. It could have been a lot worse. And hornacek has to know what he's in for, a 3 - 5 year rebuild. And hornacek had a solid rep as a player.

I'm not sure what his coaching history is, but this could have been a lot worse. A LOT worse.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I got this from the APBRMetrics forum

uCLZ6f4.png

Herea the link to read the equations backing it http://apbr.org/metrics/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8242&sid=17222ed7d791b18cf83c3bef2a08463a

Really hope the Magic draft Burke at this point.

dalVlatko

Insider on RCF says Kyrie is the laziest player on the team and the only one not working out yet...not that unexpected.

At least he said Dion and TT are the hardest working

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Insider on RCF says Kyrie is the laziest player on the team and the only one not working out yet...not that unexpected.

At least he said Dion and TT are the hardest working

"How is me being at practice supposed to make my teammates better?"

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
Lakers assistant Steve Clifford has reached an agreement in principle to become the Charlotte coach, league sources tell Y! Sports.

giri

Honestly, who would take the job straight up? what really good coach would? They change coaches every season over there.

They need some stability in the coaching position before anyone can really take them seriously.

Honestly, who would take the job straight up? what really good coach would? They change coaches every season over there.

They need some stability in the coaching position before anyone can really take them seriously.

I wonder if to a guy like, say, Brian Shaw, taking a job like Charlotte is a downgrade from being an assistant in Indy.

Rondo's impact on the Celtics when he misses games from 2008 and on.

2008:
5 missed games
With Rondo: 9.1 SRS, 80.5 W/L %
Without Rondo: 12.3, 80.0

2011:
14 missed games
With Rondo: 5.5, 69.1
Without Rondo: 3.5, 64.3

2012:
13 missed games
With Rondo: 1.7, 58.5
Without Rondo: 4.6, 61.5

2013:
43 missed games
With Rondo: -2.0, 47.4
Without Rondo: 0.6, 53.5

That Rondo/Bradley/Green big three staring down 18-64 next season.

Pierce for Bayless and Pondexter and picks

Do it Ainge before you buy Pierce out

The end of daaaaa truth

Big 5

Rondo, Bass, Green, Playoff Jet, retired KG

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Clifford is such a good hire for the Bobcats. I'm honestly surprised. He did a ton for the development of young guys in Orlando including Ryan Anderson.

Way better than hiring somebody like Larry Drew or whatever other retreads they were looking at.

Hopefully they actually give him more than 1 or 2 years before they throw him under the bus.

Also plays a really interesting role with Dwight and his return to LA, especially with Dwight and Pringles not exactly getting along.

maybe it's because it's been a while since i've closely examined top picks but i'm astounded at how many people at nba forums will straight up lie in defense of someone they like

maybe it's because it's been a while since i've closely examined top picks but i'm astounded at how many people at nba forums will straight up lie in defense of someone they like

I've given up the fight a while ago. Got tired of arguing against guys who were telling straight up lies and arguing with "hope".

Shit like, "Despite there being no tangible evidence of this guy physically being able to play defense or having ever tried, I have a feeling that he will be a good defender next year. The coach never asked him to play D so..."

Late June can't come soon enough.
already posted?

Brett Jensen
‏@Brett_Jensen
In letter to fans, Jordan says team colors might not be teal and purple, Hornets logo might change. That won't go over well.

cmon Jordan, it's damn near impossible to screw this up, and yet he's are trying to. think of all the Grape colored Jordan Brand bullshit he could sell

completely replicating a team who's brightest hours are a trio of LJ, bogues and Heat legend Alonzo Mourning seems odd.

I don't blame Jordan if he wants to get the brand ready to basically start fresh for the Wiggins era.

Top Bottom