• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SoulPlaya, Boozer isn't all that. You need to come to terms with this reality.
If you read what I said in the past few pages, what I said was pretty reasonable. Seriously. Go look at it. I even said that Boozer's postseason wasn't amazing. Just better than Bosh. and Bosh just had an unusually bad postseason for his standards.

I wasn't even the one that started the Boozer vs. Bosh debate.

Dallas will make the playoffs this year. They almost did it last year with Dirk missing a ton of games and the roster being filled out with one year contracts. They'll probably be a seven seed. I also look for them to make some major trades. They can offer Marion as an expiring and they have several young players they can deal.

If Dallas makes the playoffs, that's only because nearly everybody else in the West is tanking this year. In fact, being the 7th or 8th seed is just about the worst think the Mavericks could strive to be right now considering they have no chance against the West elite.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
We'll disagree on that. We already went over how Boozer had no offensive help during that series. Nate doesn't even know what a PnR is.

Nate was killing

But suddenly Boozer had no help

It's worse than Vag

When I am feeling down as a Laker fan, I google Dallas's roster, and I feel better about life. For as Godley as everyone makes Cuban out to be, he has whiffed on every free agent of significance.

Why doesn't anyone want to play with Dirk?

How you destroy Miami in the finals, and then dismantle the entire team?

Dallas will make the playoffs this year. They almost did it last year with Dirk missing a ton of games and the roster being filled out with one year contracts. They'll probably be a seven seed. I also look for them to make some major trades. They can offer Marion as an expiring and they have several young players they can deal.

OKC
SA
Clips
Mem
GS
Hou
Utah
Minny

Dallas will miss the playoff s again this year.

They're treadmill status with Nola LA and Portland. An injury will guarantee No playoffs and an injury to a playoff team may mean a first round exit. At least Portland has promising young talent.

giri

Nate was killing

It's worse than Vag

Literally about to post that kobe is to vag as booz is to shitplaya.

Tha fuck?

I've got odds that there is a bigger chance of dirk being traded than the mavs making the play offs.

if they do it's only because everyone else is tanking.

LAC, SAS, MEM, GSW, OKC, HOU are all a lot better. Denver probably still is. So that's 7 already. Hornets gonna make a run for playoffs as will Minnesota. In fact, I think if Portland keeps LMA, they can make a run as well. Brought in Lopez, good draft pick,and bolstered the bench a bit. People sleeping on them.

I think Dallas would be very lucky to make the playoffs. Calderon-Carter-Marion-Dirk-?? with no bench. 5 years ago sure. Not today.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Nate was killing

It's worse than Vag
Nate was killing (for a while, anyway), but he can't run a PnR. At all. Boozer had to produce in that series with no Deng, a one footed Noah, and a PG that couldn't run a PnR, which is what Boozer needs. Boozer was getting double teamed all the time. For that, he did well to average 15 ppg in that series.

BTW, please don't act like what I'm saying is unreasonable. I didn't say that Nate wasn't producing offensively, but as a PG, he couldn't run anything.

thekad

Banned
Nah, I think Dallas would need a healthy Bynum to make the playoffs. Dirk can't be Dirk for 82 games; he just doesn't have that anymore.

Dallas is up there with New Orleans, Portland, and Minnesota for the last two spots. If Love is hurt again and Davis doesn't become an elite defender next year, I would guess the Mavs make the playoffs.

Denver's defense is garbage and Gallinari is coming off multiple knee surgeries so I think they're going to be bad and the Jazz's bench could be really awful.

if they do it's only because everyone else is tanking.

LAC, SAS, MEM, GSW, OKC, HOU are all a lot better. Denver probably still is. So that's 7 already. Hornets gonna make a run for playoffs as will Minnesota. In fact, I think if Portland keeps LMA, they can make a run as well. Brought in Lopez, good draft pick,and bolstered the bench a bit. People sleeping on them.

I think Dallas would be very lucky to make the playoffs. Calderon-Carter-Marion-Dirk-?? with no bench. 5 years ago sure. Not today.

I think that they're going to swing some trades and take a chance with Bynum. But in my heart of hearts I think Dirk is going to eventually asked to be traded. That's just how I feel. I could see him ending up in Chicago or somewhere.

Dallas is up there with New Orleans, Portland, and Minnesota for the last two spots. If Love is hurt again and Davis doesn't become an elite defender next year, I would guess the Mavs make the playoffs.

Exactly. It's conditional on the other teams underperforming or trading to get worse.

I think that they're going to swing some trades and take a chance with Bynum. But in my heart of hearts I think Dirk is going to eventually asked to be traded. That's just how I feel. I could see him ending up in Chicago or somewhere.

No one can predict trades. I think it's pretty stupid to say X team will make the playoffs because they will make a trade. You can only evaluate what they have.

Blackace

Nate was killing (for a while, anyway), but he can't run a PnR. At all. Boozer had to produce in that series with no Deng, a one footed Noah, and a PG that couldn't run a PnR, which is what Boozer needs. Boozer was getting double teamed all the time. For that, he did well to average 15 ppg in that series.

BTW, please don't act like what I'm saying is unreasonable. I didn't say that Nate wasn't producing offensively, but as a PG, he couldn't run anything.

Everything you say about Boozer is unreasonable

Getting double team in the post happens to anyone who can score in the post

But Nate was the reason for their post season success
Boozer was his Robin

giri

Well, dirk essentially said that last year when the team was doing really badly.

Either improve the team or he wants out.

Cuban said wait till this off season!

Yup.

I love dirk, him on chicago with a healthy rose ? or sent to the pacers for granger & pieces?

But the mavs are done as far as competing is concerned baring some miracle trade.

The Lakers will be in the lottery, but they won't sniff anything in the top 10.

Being bad next year is the last thing the Lakers need to be thinking about--more importantly they should be considering if they are ready to be in a position to rebuild or not, and ideally its a decision that would be made this summer.

The issue of Kobe isn't going to just go away. If anything it'd be better to get the hard feelings out of the way now before the Lakers fuck around and have Kobe come back and convince everybody to give him an extension based on hope, execution, and whatever other bullshit he'll be spitting.

Pin the amnesty on Dwight, let him take the brunt of that decision and be ready to rebuild in the summer. Move Nash to wherever he requests for whatever works salary wise.

But the longer Kobe remains on the team the better the chances are that he's going to get an extension.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Everything you say about Boozer is unreasonable

Getting double team in the post happens to anyone who can score in the post

But Nate was the reason for their post season success
Boozer was his Robin
WTF are you talking about? What have I said in the past few pages about Boozer that's unreasonable? Most of what I've posted have been fucking numbers (his contract, number of games missed, PPG, etc.).

What's with this "Batman/Robin" crap coming from? Did I say that Boozer had a better post season than Nate? All I said was that Boozer was really hurt by not having a PG that can't a PnR.

Literally about to post that kobe is to vag as booz is to shitplaya.
Shitplaya? Was that really the best you could come up with? I don't even know who you are. Have we ever had a disagreement on here, or something?

Blackace

WTF are you talking about? What have I said in the past few pages about Boozer that's unreasonable? Most of what I've posted have been fucking numbers (his contract, number of games missed, PPG, etc.).

What's with this "Batman/Robin" crap coming from? Did I say that Boozer had a better post season than Nate? All I said was that Boozer was really hurt by not having a PG that can't a PnR.
He hasn't had a true PnR PG since he was meh in Utah so Nate or Rose changes little

You said pretty clearly Boozer had NO help and that is simply not true

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
NBA comparison for CJ Leslie? I watched a YouTube vid and he seems like he has hops, finishes around well and can block shots.

Too early to tell he is a talented tweener. He like to score in the paint but doesn't have the size/strength for it. On the flip he's shown flashes of handle and a 3pt shot. So I think they should put him at the 3 and see if they can develop him from there. Getting him is one of the reason I feel they might let cope go. He has potential to take that energy off the bench role & play defense as well.

So no one's talking about Stephen A. screaming that Melo might leave for the Lakers next year?

I don't believe in SAS ducktales. He's saying Melo will leave 30 million on the table to go play second fiddle to Kobe (cause Kobe is alpha dog until he retires) on a worse team.... For Dumbtoni..... yeah ok.

if anything possibly Melo's people/agent told him this so if Melo opts out for more money next year from the knicks (cause once again melo is about that money) the fanbase will be so grateful he stays no one will call him out on his greediness fucking up the knicks cap situation in year 4 and 5 of his new deal.

lakers won't truly be in rebuild mode until kobe is gone, him being around will prevent a total bottom-out.

kupchack should just trade him. if pierce can get moved then so can kobe.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He hasn't had a true PnR PG since he was meh in Utah so Nate or Rose changes little

You said pretty clearly Boozer had NO help and that is simply not true
Hinrich can run the PnR, and whenever he was available, he was the starting PG. Nate provided help, but he wasn't the starting PG for the entire playoffs (as Hinrich was the starting PG, but he became injured). I also don't remember saying that he had no help, but if I did, I repeatedly stated in multiple posts that what I meant was no Deng, a hobbled Noah, and a PG that couldn't run the PnR (outside of the games Hinrich played in).

And how was he "meh" in Utah? Dude averaged 20 and 10 multiple times. And if he hasn't had a true PnR PG during his time with the Bulls, that's just more credit to him for still managing to be productive. Then again, Ace, you also think Andrea Bargnani is much better than Boozer, lol.

Blackace

Hinrich can run the PnR, and whenever he was available, he was the starting PG. Nate provided help, but he wasn't the starting PG for the entire playoffs (as Hinrich was the starting PG, but he became injured). I also don't remember saying that he had no help, but if I did, I repeatedly stated in multiple posts that what I meant was no Deng, a hobbled Noah, and a PG that couldn't run the PnR (outside of the games Hinrich played in).

And how was he "meh" in Utah? Dude averaged 20 and 10 multiple times. And if he hasn't had a true PnR PG during his time with the Bulls, that's just more credit to him for still managing to be productive. Then again, Ace, you also think Andrea Bargnani is much better than Boozer, lol.

Never said much better son

Your Boozer man-crush was cute but now it's kinda creepy

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Lol at that Ice Cube Fury

“Fuck Dwight Howard, goddamn it,” Cube said. “We love LA! We don’t need no punk-ass muthafuckas on our team. We don’t give a fuck about a Dwight Coward. We don’t need no bitches on our team, homie. You don’t deserve to go up on that goddamn wall. So, I predict tonight Kobe [Bryant] will win another championship before Dwight Howard ever sniffs one.” - Ice Cube

Keep in mind folks he has a movie coming out soon..... but still lol

I wonder what's taking Henderson so long to cut a deal.

You know, there has been basically no chatter about him. No rumblings, no rumors of offer sheets, nothing. There's obviously people ahead of him in the pecking order, they're getting theirs. People behind him are getting situated, as well. Henderson? Not a peep.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You know, there has been basically no chatter about him. No rumblings, no rumors of offer sheets, nothing. There's obviously people ahead of him in the pecking order, they're getting theirs. People behind him are getting situated, as well. Henderson? Not a peep.
Just weird imo

Bread

Banned
Lol at that Ice Cube Fury

“Fuck Dwight Howard, goddamn it,” Cube said. “We love LA! We don’t need no punk-ass muthafuckas on our team. By the way check out my new family comedy where I drive across country to save my daughter from a guy who isn't good enough for her.” - Ice Cube

Keep in mind folks he has a movie coming out soon..... but still lol
ice cube is a g

Top Bottom