• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

BOrnSDhCUAAzfw1.jpg

lolz

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
You still think Andrea Bargnani is better, lol.
Actually before your man-crush kicked it the words I said was he still had perceived upside while Boozer doesn't

So that is why he was trade able and Boozer isn't
At least for any value

After that you sung the virtues of Boozer and whatnot

Too early to tell he is a talented tweener. He like to score in the paint but doesn't have the size/strength for it. On the flip he's shown flashes of handle and a 3pt shot. So I think they should put him at the 3 and see if they can develop him from there. Getting him is one of the reason I feel they might let cope go. He has potential to take that energy off the bench role & play defense as well.

I don't believe in SAS ducktales. He's saying Melo will leave 30 million on the table to go play second fiddle to Kobe (cause Kobe is alpha dog until he retires) on a worse team.... For Dumbtoni..... yeah ok.

if anything possibly Melo's people/agent told him this so if Melo opts out for more money next year from the knicks (cause once again melo is about that money) the fanbase will be so grateful he stays no one will call him out on his greediness fucking up the knicks cap situation in year 4 and 5 of his new deal.

Not that I'd ever want Melo but next year LA's roster is empty vs NY's which is full of shit. That's like saying a cup full of feces is better than an empty cup which could be full of feces but may also be filled with water.

I really do hope Melo stays in NY though.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Actually before your man-crush kicked it the words I said was he still had perceived upside while Boozer doesn't

So that is why he was trade able and Boozer isn't
At least for any value

After that you sung the virtues of Boozer and whatnot
Whatever you say, Ace, whatever you say, lol. I don't want to push you so far that you get annoyed enough to ban me.

But, I still don't see how I'm being unreasonable. I take that seriously. When I'm not kidding around, which is rare, I admit, I'm pretty reasonable. You said everything that I post about Boozer is unreasonable. Most of what I posted over the past few pages was just straight numbers. How is that unreasonable? I never even said that Boozer was better than Bosh (he's not).

Come on, Ace, don't try to pain me into some corner, lol.

kevinding: Sweet a guy as he is, @MettaWorldPeace will be waived via amnesty by Lakers to save about $30 million, barring late change.

Even though Ron was pretty bad at times, his 2010 run including game 5 Phx game winner and game 7 Boston performance will always keep me a fan of his.

I will remember his time as a Laker fondly.

Lakers have to do this for financial reasons, though.

edit: not yet darkside. July 11-16 is the window.

...why?

what do they need cap space for?

it's not about creating cap space. It's about saving $30 million when you factor in the luxury tax hit. The team will be just as bad with him next season as they would be without him.

Metta will always be a hero in LA because of Game 7 though. Fuck Boston.

...why?

what do they need cap space for?

Would you rather pay MWP $8 million (or less) to play for someone else or $30 million to play for you.

By amnestying MWP and making another potential move, they could conceivably get under the LT line which means a lot.

The Lakers make a shit ton of money, but $30 million is $30 million no matter what.

Blackace

Whatever you say, Ace, whatever you say, lol. I don't want to push you so far that you get annoyed enough to ban me.

But, I still don't see how I'm being unreasonable. I take that seriously. When I'm not kidding around, which is rare, I admit, I'm pretty reasonable. You said everything that I post about Boozer is unreasonable. Most of what I posted over the past few pages was just straight numbers. How is that unreasonable? I never even said that Boozer was better than Bosh (he's not).

Come on, Ace, don't try to pain me into some corner, lol.

When you talking basketball you good money

When you writing Boozer fanfict I want to donkey punch your account

Bread

Banned
it's not about creating cap space. It's about saving $30 million when you factor in the luxury tax hit. The team will be just as bad with him next season as they would be without him.

Metta will always be a hero in LA because of Game 7 though. Fuck Boston.
Ohhh right I forgot the Lakers were so close to the tax.

Does Artest have anything left in the tank? I could see him going to a contender for the minimum.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I get the logic of using it on MWP but they should have just used it on Kobe instead following that same logic and rationale.

But that was never going to happen.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Not that I'd ever want Melo but next year LA's roster is empty vs NY's which is full of shit. That's like saying a cup full of feces is better than an empty cup which could be full of feces but may also be filled with water.

I really do hope Melo stays in NY though.

true but then the very next year the knick drop off the worse shit contracts on the bowl and then get to re-up with a pretty decent roster. where nobody is being paid more than they are worth.

Also I too agree I hope Melo stays in NY (and honestly expect it).... Its good to see knicks age and laker age agree on something. I wonder if MWP will clear waivers.... if he does i kind of want the knicks to get him.... the league needs a good brawl this decade....

NOBODY CAN BE AMNESTIED UNTIL JULY 11!!!

Ding is reporting on the Laker plans.

I get the logic of using it on MWP but they should have just used it on Kobe instead following that same logic and rationale.

No, that's stupid. Kobe earns the franchise around $70 million if we are to believe Dr. buss. Maybe more now that you consider the TWC deal a huge chunk due to Kobe.

It should've been Kobe
The Lakers have to continue to appease Kobe until he decides to retire, since he's the main attraction for Lakers fans right now. Most casual Laker fans are actually Kobe fans. You won't see people filling the seats for Pau Gasol and Steve Nash, even if it is the Lakers.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
When you talking basketball you good money

When you writing Boozer fanfict I want to donkey punch your account
I get that, I really do, but you can't say that everything I say about Boozer is unreasonable. I make a conscientious effort to be very reasonable when I'm in a serious debate involving Boozer. Ask anyone with whom I've debated with, they'll tell you that's true.

BTW, I write Boozer jokes, not fan fiction. It's a damned video game internet message board where the entry age is 13. . . . . . . . . . . relax, lol.

I think if Kobe were going to sit out the year, it obviously makes sense. But if Kobe is going to attempt a comeback sometime this year, that might be the only selling point the Lakers will have in an otherwise dim season. The only thing that will put people's butts in seats at Staples and, in turn, sell merchandise and concessions.

The Lakers have to continue to appease Kobe until he decides to retire, since he's the main attraction for Lakers fans right now. Most casual Laker fans are actually Kobe fans. You won't see people filling the seats for Pau Gasol and Steve Nash, even if it is the Lakers.

Gasol, Nash, Kaman.

Kobe's services are no longer needed.

Blackace

Kobe puts people in seats... so not the same logic in the slightest

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 3m
Warriors reach multi-year deal with F Marreese Speights, per source. ESPN first to report sides were nearing agreement.

This is in contrast to Stein saying it was going to be a one year deal.

Edit:

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 7s
Can confirm Marreese Speights to Warriors on 3-year deal, last year team option.

exarkun

Next year is gonna worse than the Smush years for the Lakers. Its gonna be Rudy T bad. And even then, its gonna be a nice 11-14th pick for you guys. Gotta get rid of all the competitors to start the tank.

Ron, come back to the Rockets. We need you!

Blackace

I get that, I really do, but you can't say that everything I say about Boozer is unreasonable. I make a conscientious effort to be very reasonable when I'm in a serious debate involving Boozer. Ask anyone with whom I've debated with, they'll tell you that's true.

BTW, I write Boozer jokes, not fan fiction. It's a damned video game internet message board where the entry age is 13. . . . . . . . . . . relax, lol.

You can try your luck on Game FAQs for a bit and tell me how relaxed to be

my man, do you really think MWP would gel in spurs culture?

Why not?

Ron's issues are not character or anything of the matter. The Lakers teammates and staff loved him, including Phil. Same with the Rockets when he was there.

Ron has one issue other than how good he is on the court these days and it's that he's a slow learner of offensive systems. But doing what is asked of him, trying hard, and being a good teammate is all natural.

But he'd be fine under Pop in San Antonio. Stephen Jackson is way way worse and Pop mostly handled him (he was so bad at the end at actual basketball Pop was justified in dropping him).

Its gonna be Rudy T bad.

Rudy T had a good record with the lakers

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Absolutely.

Why not?

Ron's issues are not character or anything of the matter. The Lakers teammates and staff loved him, including Phil. Same with the Rockets when he was there.

Ron has one issue other than how good he is on the court these days and it's that he's a slow learner of offensive systems. But doing what is asked of him, trying hard, and being a good teammate is all natural.

But he'd be fine under Pop in San Antonio. Stephen Jackson is way way worse and Pop mostly handled him (he was so bad at the end at actual basketball Pop was justified in dropping him).

fair enough

Top Bottom