• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

diehard

Fleer
Why? Just because you don't like them? Most people here seem to think they're funny. I mean, damn, just put me on your ignore list. I'm not breaking any rules.

My mom always used to say "you're cruisin for a bruisin"

.. soul, you're cruisin for a bruisin.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
My mom always used to say "you're cruisin for a bruisin"

.. soul, you're cruisin for a bruisin.
What rules am I breaking? Honestly. Are people here just afraid or something?

If I'm breaking the rules, I'll gladly stop. I make a Boozer joke here and there, and because I disagreed with him, I may get banned? I was gone for like 3 months, so don't tell me that I'm overdoing it. Everyone here is a fan boy of some athlete or team. Why am I getting singled out just because it's Carlos Boozer. He's already admitted that I'm usually reasonable.

Like I said, if I'm breaking a rule, I'll stop. What rule am I breaking?

Nelo Ice

Banned
They should do a new version of that pic with Kaman and the jerseys of Mihm, Kwame, Elden Campbell and Jelani McCoy.

U8bZSFG.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
being annoying is technically against the rules, read the etiquette thread.
How am I being annoying? The last Boozer joke that I made (the picture), most people here thought it was funny. The only person who's being annoyed is him, and that's just silly. All I've done is disagree with him on who was better between Bargnani and Boozer, and since then, he's been out for me. I mean shit, people post jokes here all fucking day.

Me annoying a community, sure, but he seems to be the only one that seriously annoyed.

EDIT: And I want to be clear that I didn't start the Boozer/Bosh debate. I barely took part in it too.

Pimpwerx

Meh. I disagree with a lot of what Soul said about Boozer, but he presented his argument in a intelligent way and hasn't been offensive. I don't see what the issue is, but then again, I've been banned for some baffling stuff too. Hackles get raised over the most benign stuff sometimes. PEACE.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
man come on don't ban soulplaya over this.... its so petty i mean if he were to start spamming the coli heads or gifs that could be seen as corny and biting another forum. That i understand. But boozer fan fiction/stanning if its just a few lines is so harmless and his opinion

Forever

Banned
Words I never thought I'd read, even from a Duke homer.

Miles Plumlee is a summer league god

Words I'd never thought I'd type.

Now maybe he can get some PT with Beaker gone.

I was talking about Mason. :p

He was the only good thing about the Nets game today. I actually turned it off later because it got so bad but apparently he shot 7-11 FT in the end. Another impressive all around game. Great passes, ball handling, athleticism. We saw the hook, we saw a shake, he even hit a jumper. He rebounds well, he can run the floor, he gets to the line and knocks those shots down.

23 points
8-8 FG
7-11 FT
9 rebounds
3 assists
1 block

I give him an A this time. Everyone else gets an F. Plumlee assisted just as much as bum ass TT. Very happy with him as the 22nd pick so far.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Once again, I'm not trying to piss NBA-GAF off. These are just jokes, and I genuinely post them just to make you guys laugh a bit. If the community wants me to stop, or thinks they're annoying or something, then I'll stop, but I've never gotten that sense before, especially when like I said, I know when to be serious and how to engage in actual debates.

I think it's fucked up, though, if I get banned just because BlackAce got annoyed. I don't get it, though, me and him got along just fine before, and he's never once contacted me about any Boozer related stuff or told me to stop or anything. Then, I disagree with him about Bargnani and Boozer, and now he's trying to make it seem like I've been going too far for too long all of a sudden? I mean, damn, it's not that serious.

I was talking about Mason. :p

He was the only good thing about the Nets game today. I actually turned it off later because it got so bad but apparently he shot 7-11 FT in the end. Another impressive all around game. Great passes, ball handling, athleticism. We saw the hook, we saw a shake, he even hit a jumper. He rebounds well, he can assist, he can run the floor.

23 points
8-8 from the field
9 rebounds
3 assists
1 block

His first three years at Duke, he'd show flashes of this, but then regress. He dominated a game against (I think) Marquette his junior year, then you didn't hear from him. His senior year, efforts like this became much more consistent, to the point where at the midpoint, he was a legit POTY candidate.

I don't expect lines like the above when the regular season rolls around, and he's still got some rawness to his game despite being "old," but he should at least be a solid rotation guy.

I find the Boozer stuff pretty annoying, but I don't know that he should be banned for it. I guess I just don't understand it more than anything.

Forever

Banned
His first three years at Duke, he'd show flashes of this, but then regress. He dominated a game against (I think) Marquette his junior year, then you didn't hear from him. His senior year, efforts like this became much more consistent, to the point where at the midpoint, he was a legit POTY candidate.

I don't expect lines like the above when the regular season rolls around, and he's still got some rawness to his game despite being "old," but he should at least be a solid rotation guy.

Of course he's not going to have stats like that in the regular season. He won't have the minutes even if he keeps up this level of play. But he does make Teletovic and Evans expendable in my eyes. KG/Lopez/Blatche/Plumlee is all we need.

Once again, I'm not trying to piss NBA-GAF off. These are just jokes, and I genuinely post them just to make you guys laugh a bit. If the community wants me to stop, or thinks they're annoying or something, then I'll stop, but I've never gotten that sense before, especially when like I said, I know when to be serious and how to engage in actual debates.

I think it's fucked up, though, if I get banned just because BlackAce got annoyed. I don't get it, though, me and him got along just fine before, and he's never once contacted me about any Boozer related stuff or told me to stop or anything. Then, I disagree with him about Bargnani and Boozer, and now he's trying to make it seem like I've been going too far for too long all of a sudden? I mean, damn, it's not that serious.

I think more than the Boozer jokes themselves being annoying, its more along the lines that you bring up the Boozer/Taj jokes out of nowhere. Just like how Vag will bring up Kobe. And that can sometimes disrupt the flow of the conversation.

I find the Boozer stuff pretty annoying, but I don't know that he should be banned for it. I guess I just don't understand it more than anything.

I also find the Boozer stuff annoying from time to time. But if a mod asks you to stop doing a certain routine/joke and you keep doing it...

If the community wants me to stop, or thinks they're annoying or something, then I'll stop, but I've never gotten that sense before, especially when like I said, I know when to be serious and how to engage in actual debates.

They are very annoying, especially considering they never have anything to do with the discussion at hand. It's the equivalent of Vag & Kobe. But whatever, no skin off my back...easily ignored.

I wouldn't suggest antagonizing of picking a fight with a mod, though, which you have clearly done. Don't fall on your sword over this, just let it go.

SamuraiX-

Ya'll need to leave SoulPlaya alone. There are guys here who post way more annoying and obnoxious shit and I never see them get seriously asked to stop or else. At least the Boozer stuff is entertaining.

<3 ya SP

Bread

Banned
i do too, soul just keeps doing it too often for it to be funny. i love a ridiculous gimmick as much as anyone else, but theres a limit.

diehard

Fleer
Ya'll need to leave SoulPlaya alone. There are guys here who post way more annoying and obnoxious shit and I never see them get seriously asked to stop or else. At least the Boozer stuff is entertaining.

<3 ya SP
I dont really find the boozer stuff that entertaining but at least everyone knows he is joking.. The kobe stans though omg

B.O.O.M

:p I think people are underestimating Portland tho. This year they did good to grab some talent for the bench. CJ, Crabbe, Lopez, Wright, TRob etc are all good gets...unless of course they under perform lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
:p I think people are underestimating Portland tho. This year they did good to grab some talent for the bench. CJ, Crabbe, Lopez, Wright, TRob etc are all good gets...unless of course they under perform lol

That's not even a playoff team in the East

Top Bottom