• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Cavs offered Bynum a deal?

suicide-with-class.gif~original

Mark Price has started working with MKG on his corner jumpers. I'm excited for vegas summer league to start so I can aee if his form has changed any yet.

Knicks fans and you don't know Davis has been rehabbing? Dolan loves him. He had him in some weird sales position. Most likely so that they could rehab his injury.

i know about his PR stuff but i thought he was done with basketball. i didnt think he was rehabbing to get back in game shape since no one really talked about him last season.

so we signed CJ leslie for the summer league. what do you guys think of him? his highlights on youtube looked pretty decent when he was in NC state.

Emwitus

He gets the ball on offense, oh my God, he doesn't know what to do. It's usually a turnover, people come and take the ball from him or tie his arms up. Offensively, he doesn't get it. Hasn't made any progress. We (the Lakers, when Abdul-Jabbar was a special assistant coach) played them in '09, and when I saw him this past season, he was the same player.”

Multiple shots fired.

Lets take a look at what Vegas says:

n3H2BCq.png

Trey Burke the favorite to win ROTY? Meh. I'd probably take Oladipo. Or Olynk as a dark horse. Throw a hundid on Olynyk and possibly be $900 richer at the end of the year.

DPwA5PH.png

And here we have bullshit. Rockets only behind OKC and the Heat to win the ship? Vegas is trying to scam some people out of money with that and I'm sure it's working.
Those odds are terrible. Burke looks like he will struggle against bigger and better players. Oladipo is a huge project offensively so 0% chance he wins in. They might as well cut Alex Len off the list. Got to be McLemore as a favorite and MCW as a darkhorse to fill it up on a bad Philly team.

Fox318

Lets take a look at what Vegas says:

n3H2BCq.png

Trey Burke the favorite to win ROTY? Meh. I'd probably take Oladipo. Or Olynk as a dark horse. Throw a hundid on Olynyk and possibly be $900 richer at the end of the year.

DPwA5PH.png

And here we have bullshit. Rockets only behind OKC and the Heat to win the ship? Vegas is trying to scam some people out of money with that and I'm sure it's working.

Can't stop those cats

Cornbread78

So basically according to Vegas, the Celts are fu(ked, since they will sit in the middle of the pack for years to come with no chance at a lottery pick, unless they get rid of Rondo, and a few other guys to truly get into tank mode..... F you Vegas....

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What exactly is wrong with the Cavs trying to sign Bynum? It's not exactly a long term deal so theres not much risk but theres a ton of upside.

What exactly is wrong with the Cavs trying to sign Bynum? It's not exactly a long term deal so theres not much risk but theres a ton of upside.

What upside?

Look at the guys body of work. He barely contributed to the two rings that he has and beyond that his knees are probably more likely to explode than Oden at this point.

This guys knees have been getting opened up maybe 3, 4 times a year for the last 3 seasons now.

Thing is, the one year deal looks low risk, but if he comes in and plays 50 games, gets his knees lubed but puts up stats then you're just going to extend him or give him another year to do the same thing. He puts up the stats but has zero impact on your culture or long term prospects while destroying your tank ability and putting you on a treadmill and eating cap space.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What upside?

Look at the guys body of work. He barely contributed to the two rings that he has and beyond that his knees are probably more likely to explode than Oden at this point.

This guys knees have been getting opened up maybe 3, 4 times a year for the last 3 seasons now.

1 year deal with a team option?

If he returns to form they can either sign him to an extension or trade him for assets either at the deadline or after this season. And if it doesn't work out then its not a big deal, hes gone at the end of the season

Those odds are terrible. Burke looks like he will struggle against bigger and better players. Oladipo is a huge project offensively so 0% chance he wins in. They might as well cut Alex Len off the list. Got to be McLemore as a favorite and MCW as a darkhorse to fill it up on a bad Philly team.

McLemore will probably come off the bench and barely get any looks on the Kings since there's so many chuckers on that team. He can't volume score either. MCW is going to shoot less than 35% from the field this year.

Might be interested in Olynyk, Karasev, or Noel with those odds given though...

1 year deal with a team option?

If he returns to form they can either sign him to an extension or trade him for assets either at the deadline or after this season. And if it doesn't work out then its not a big deal, hes gone at the end of the season

None of the teams that are rumored to want him even have assets right now. Most of the tanking teams had or have cap space and they aren't going after him, so it's not like you're getting any value from a trade.

And the thing is--the fear isn't that he flames out and you cut him lose, the fear is that he is actually in that grey zone of playing 50-65 games his first year with the Cavs and looks good. He is just a grey zone--keeps playing 50-65 games, doesn't give you anything for the post season, doesn't have trade value, meh..

lol, they getting past the Phantom Pain Bulls or the Boston Nets? Plus if Wade is healthy this time... well you saw what he did to them in 11.

Why not? They're getting Danny Granger back. Paul George should be taking his game to the next level. David West is getting healthier. Roy Hibbert earned his contract in the playoffs. Bench can't get much worse than they were last year.

The Bulls should definitely be legitimate if Rose is back and healthy. I'm still not sold on the Nets. Heat deserve the 2/1 odds, but Wade's a year older and I expect to hear the same things about his knees in the playoffs next year.

Just saying that they took the Champs to Game 7 and should be improving. Those are good odds for that situation.

Westlo

Why not? They're getting Danny Granger back. Paul George should be taking his game to the next level. David West is getting healthier. Roy Hibbert earned his contract in the playoffs. Bench can't get much worse than they were last year.

The Bulls should definitely be legitimate if Rose is back and healthy. I'm still not sold on the Nets. Heat deserve the 2/1 odds, but Wade's a year older and I expect to hear the same things about his knees in the playoffs next year.

Just saying that they took the Champs to Game 7 and should be improving. Those are good odds for that situation.

Wade's a year older but David West is healthier? I can swap the name's around.... plus Wade is dropping weight and working on his J, people want to act like his mid range game wasn't legit back in the day.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Wade's a year older but David West is healthier? I can swap the name's around.... plus Wade is dropping weight and working on his J, people want to act like his mid range game wasn't legit back in the day.

Yeah but being able to impose himself physically while driving is a big part of wade's game, if his knee causes him to slow down as well? Who knows?.....

On the flip I wonder is david west will be at peak condition (let alone healthy) without psycho T to spot him minutes going forward......

Top Bottom