• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

how many bankais do yall have to take?

Until the Heat lose, I don't see why people keep doubting them.

But there's no locks in the NBA for a team with so many guys that old and have injury issues. If the knees of Wade and Haslem implode while Ray and Battier stop being NBA players (none of which is that unlikely) will LeBron and Bosh really be able to carry the Heat to the Finals without almost no other help despite having to carry such a large load the last two years? The Heat were also one rebound or one shot or one free throw away from losing in the Finals. They're a great team, they could definitely lose in the Eastern Conference Playoffs next year.

Fox318

Lets be real here

The only team that has a chance of knocking off the Heat in the East are the Wizards

write it down

C9S6ruN.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiiIWiaXQHc

reminds of 2011 when everyone laughed off the mavs potentially beating the lakers

if the pacecars actually get a bench they can absolutely beat miami

Tom Penny

Chief Sitting Bull Rose isn't doing anything. Pacers and Nets are the only slim chance. Were are my Olynyk updates. NBA.com not showing box scores.

The only thing that can unstack the most inarguably stacked team in the NBA is time/age and injury, specifically to Lebron James.

As currently constructed, nobody can beat the Heat 4 times in 7 games. Nobody can play a perfect enough game long enough to win a series against the Heat. You can get some mediocre/bad games from 1 or maybe even 2 of their big 3 players. You may be able to beat them multiple times in the regular season. But until they are weakened by age or injury to the best player on the planet, they can't be beaten in the current NBA. Focusing on the fact that at least the mere possibility of beating them exists - as if that makes them less than a stacked team - is foolish.

The only thing that can unstack the most inarguably stacked team in the NBA is time/age and injury, specifically to Lebron James.

As currently constructed, nobody can beat the Heat 4 times in 7 games. Nobody can play a perfect enough game long enough to win a series against the Heat. You can get some mediocre/bad games from 1 or maybe even 2 of their big 3 players. You may be able to beat them multiple times in the regular season. But until they are weakened by age or injury to the best player on the planet, they can't be beaten in the current NBA. Focusing on the fact that at least the mere possibility of beating them exists - as if that makes them less than a stacked team - is foolish.

They were literally one bounce away from losing this year, lol.

they were down 5 with 26 seconds to go in game 6 before the spuds pulled a choke for the ages. that's something like a 98% chance of a loss.

they were incredibly lucky.

But they didn't lose.

The guys on that team make it really hard to lose 4 times in 7 games. They'd have lost if they didn't have the luxury of Ray Allen, best 3-point shooter of all-time, as a bench-playing decoy shooter available to them.

...but they do.

The Heat, as currently constructed, are pretty much impossible to beat.

Bread

Banned
But they didn't lose.

The guys on that team make it really hard to lose 4 times in 7 games. They'd have lost if they didn't have the luxury of Ray Allen, best 3-point shooter of all-time, as a bench-playing decoy shooter available to them.

...but they do.

so are they unbeatable until they are beaten? they've been pushed to the limit many many times in the past couple years, let's not act like they're the greatest team of all-time destroying every team they play.

But they didn't lose.

...but they do.

of course they didn't lose, that's not the point.

the heat weren't a juggernaut like the 2001 lakers going 16-1, they had some incredibly close calls one of which is was a highly improbable come back in the final moments of game 6.

The key to beating the Heat is a good frontcourt. The Pacers, Nets, and Bulls all have that. I don't trust the Bulls because of injuries or the Pacers because of their lack of depth, but the Nets are built pretty well to handle the Heat. Their depth should help keep Piece and KG ready for the playoffs. The Pacers are still absolutely capable of beating the Heat though, I just wish they'd so something to upgrade their roster.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Pacers starting 5 destroyed the Heat's starting 5 this year in the playoffs. Pacers with an actual bench win the series.

Obviously the Heat are the favorites for next year but the Pacers are a legit threat.

Im really dissapointed by CHI this offseason, what lack of ambition from their FO. fucking chumps. The east is fucked. MIA will return to the Finals next year, barring some kind of freak injury to one of their stars. and it hurts me to say that I because I really hate that team. My heart wants Brooklyn to get to the ECF, but I feel that situation will turn really, really ugly midseason.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
They gave them trouble, you really think lebron wanted to play 7 games? Give credit where due.

Dude

These are the same Pacers that couldn't even sweep a Dwight-less Orlando team.

They make series go longer just because they're inept in losing and winning. Fuckball doesn't work like basketball. A 7 game series is a sweep and a 4-1 victory over the Knicks is actually a hard fought struggle. Did anyone even watch that Hawks series? They're NOT a good team at all. They're only good at fucking up basketball until they win at it.

otapnam

Im really dissapointed by CHI this offseason, what lack of ambition from their FO. fucking chumps. The east is fucked. MIA will return to the Finals next year, barring some kind of freak injury to one of their stars. and it hurts me to say that I because I really hate that team. My heart wants Brooklyn to get to the ECF, but I feel that situation will turn really, really ugly midseason.

that triple OT game killed u guys. Chicago ain't that far off with Rose back

You guys don't have the bigs to beat out the Nets, Bulls, Pacers. I could see you guys taking out the Knicks for the 5 seed though if Nene stays healthy.

I'm biased but I'd be shocked if the Bulls beat us in a series barring injury. I'm not a big fan of their wings and while their front court is better I think we'll make a move by the deadline to help rectify that.

I like us more than the Pacers, again barring injury.

A healthy Nets team would beat us for sure though.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
None of the teams that are rumored to want him even have assets right now. Most of the tanking teams had or have cap space and they aren't going after him, so it's not like you're getting any value from a trade.

And the thing is--the fear isn't that he flames out and you cut him lose, the fear is that he is actually in that grey zone of playing 50-65 games his first year with the Cavs and looks good. He is just a grey zone--keeps playing 50-65 games, doesn't give you anything for the post season, doesn't have trade value, meh..

Thanks for typing that up for me.

But, moreover, I just flat out don't want Bynum's mentality in the Cavs' locker room. Dude thus far has been a 'me first', spoiled child. Going to the World Cup instead of getting knee surgery, hurting himself bowling? Fuck that dude.

Thanks for typing that up for me.

But, moreover, I just flat out don't want Bynum's mentality in the Cavs' locker room. Dude thus far has been a 'me first', spoiled child. Going to the World Cup instead of getting knee surgery, hurting himself bowling? Fuck that dude.

The Cavs would rival a Kings team that has Monta on it in terms of being cancerous if they add Bynum.

The idea of a Bennett/Bynum front court defies logic.

Westlo

They will never get past Miami with Rose as their best and leading score. Maybe not even Indiana.

You will never get past us until with your current owner and front office. If they were willing to spend (and make the right trades, Melo + Asik > Deng + Noah) you would chip, my honest opinion. Do you guys think your 2011 squad would've taken out Dallas btw?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Watching Kemba punk Wall last year at the end of the game to seal the W was one of the highlights of the season. Good stuff.
Wall got punked by the soulless husk that is DJ Augustin before then too.

Can't wait to see him with 80 million USD.

You will never get past us until with your current owner and front office. If they were willing to spend (and make the right trades, Melo + Asik > Deng + Noah) you would chip, my honest opinion.

Im not part of Bulls gaf. But I want the east to be more competitive, which is why CHI's FO pisses me off. Theyre the third most profitable team in the league, where is the ambition and thirst for being a legitimate title contender? Theyre just happy selling out the United Center and making it a round or two in the playoffs.

dalVlatko

Kyrie/Jack
Dion/Miles/Karasev
Clark/Gee
Thompson/Bennett
Varejao/Bynum/Zeller

is a pretty good team until Kyrie breaks an arm, Bynum's knee explodes, and Vareajo spontaneously combusts.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hey Kad you got ripped a new one on the clutch boards haha The joys of that board these days.

vBcgtJQ.png

Pacers are the only team in the league that can beat us next year. Spurs had two shots to close us out and they couldn't do it. OKC traded a chip away. Clippers still have the jury out. Knicks suck.

Pacers are probably gonna be the best defensive team by far. No team in the league disrupts a rhythm like they do and that's huge against a team like us. I still say they are a pg away from being a top 3 team.

Our key to three peating is rest and health. Spo should set the ground at 50 wins and say fuck it.

I'm biased but I'd be shocked if the Bulls beat us in a series barring injury. I'm not a big fan of their wings and while their front court is better I think we'll make a move by the deadline to help rectify that.

I like us more than the Pacers, again barring injury.

A healthy Nets team would beat us for sure though.

I can maybe concede you guys being better than the Bulls because Rose is still a question mark, but not the Pacers. They're too good defensively on the wings and in the paint, and they're coming off taking the Heat to 7 games. They are going to play hungry this year.

Westlo

Hopefully Ray Allen can continue to guard George effectively @ times next time we match up. (smh @ Allen doing a better job than Wade in those few occasions, lol @ george.)

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Pacers are the only team in the league that can beat us next year. Spurs had two shots to close us out and they couldn't do it. OKC traded a chip away. Clippers still have the jury out. Knicks suck.

Pacers are probably gonna be the best defensive team by far. No team in the league disrupts a rhythm like they do and that's huge against a team like us. I still say they are a pg away from being a top 3 team.

Our key to three peating is rest and health. Spo should set the ground at 50 wins and say fuck it.
I wouldn't get into the next season with that mentality if I were you.

Wall got punked by the soulless husk that is DJ Augustin before then too.

Can't wait to see him with 80 million USD.

Maybe after he signs that contract he'll use the money to leave the country for the first time, lol.

Seriously, as a millionaire I could not believe it when I read he's never left the states. Get curious and travel son, it's good for you.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Not wasting anytime, I see. Already wearing Rockets gear, and already getting new baby mommas!

bovv5mtcaaacuacinsz2.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Not wasting anytime, I see. Already wearing Rockets gear, and already getting new baby mommas!

bovv5mtcaaacuacinsz2.jpg

Most likely two nurses that helped give him a "physical" lol but he was also with Keith Jones, though he's not pictured there.

Top Bottom