• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
avatar selection for the day its confirmed the Cats are either out or in leading all the way up until the start of the next season

easiest bet I'll ever make

Bobcats do NOT need to be .500 in this?

Because that's too fucking easy.

DY_nasty

Its not even about Al lol

You simply cannot win AT ALL when you have no bigs to speak of. Bobcats will be forced into the playoffs because 66% of the East is tanking like it'll bring Clinton back.

Haters acknowledge my bet-streak. Now that Konex has seen his powers evaporate, my trolling is the most powerful thing in this thread. Know fear.

thekad

Banned
Its not even about Al lol

You simply cannot win AT ALL when you have no bigs to speak of. Bobcats will be forced into the playoffs because 66% of the East is tanking like it'll bring Clinton back.
Who do the Cats pass? MIA, CHI, IND, BRK, NYK, ATL, MIL are still better. Add the Wizards, Raptors and Pistons.

Hell, this bet is so easy I wanna jump in.

charsace

OKC, HOU, SAS, LAC, MEM going to make it hard to get out of the first.

If Bogut and Curry are healthy the Warriors could make it to the WCF. A healthy Curry will end up being the best pg in the western and probably the best guard in the western conference overall.

Bowser

Who do the Cats pass? MIA, CHI, IND, BRK, NYK, ATL, MIL are still better. Add the Wizards, Raptors and Pistons.

Milwaukee? I dunno about that. Pistons I agree. But yeah, I don't see Charlotte in the playoffs. We'll probably finish somewhere between 10-12 in the East.

DY_nasty

Pistons, Raptors, Bucks?

da fuq

Knux, as an unbias 3rd party, how many games did we clearly and intentionally throw - by either playing a certain someone or removing a certain someone? And how many did we simply take ourselves out of by putting a broken product on the court?

You all have no clue what a true tank is made of.

SamuraiX-

kKFPzdv.png

Holy shit LOL

Does Dirk even feel anymore?

charsace

I just hope the Knicks are prepared to make a run at Harden. Because once Dwight gets jealous of him he's gonna want him gone just like he wants Lin gone and just like Dwight was probably praying for Kobe to retire. Dwight is bitch made in the head engine no doubt about it.

oh man i would love MWP on the knicks. BRING RON HOME

it would make us an even more entertaining team to watch, not sure for good or bad reasons. make it happen grunnie

thekad

Banned
Monta sucks and Al is mediocre. They're replacing taint so there should be some improvement but not much. Hawks look like they'll be only slightly worse. Bucks about the same. Pistons, Wizards and Raptors getting better.

Bobcats will finish above the Sixers and Celtics, possibly, but that's it.
kKFPzdv.png

Holy shit LOL

Does Dirk even feel anymore?
Looool

charsace

oh man i would love MWP on the knicks. BRING RON HOME

it would make us a very entertaining team to watch, not sure for good or bad reasons. make it happen grunnie

All you fuckers need to stop. Meta is from NYC, but I don't want him on the knicks. Meta is washed up.

Bobcats will go 29-53

And be the 7 seed.

Lulz

In no uncertain order locks who made the playoffs last year:

Miami
New York
Brooklyn
Indiana
Chicago

Three spots left:

Washington
Detroit
Cleveland
Toronto
Atlanta
Milwaukee

^ The teams above aren't tanking.

So the Cats will have to be better than four of those teams and barring terrible injury I don't see it happening.

The Cavs are eight seed bad through sheer quantity of lottery picks, Detroit is Detroit, and Washington barring injury is getting in easily.

Then Atlanta, who got nice picks in Schroeder and Muscala and might come away with Bynum, who will probably be an all-star up until his knees get sore the last quarter of the season..and shit, Toronto who are straight up just OKAY which translates to playoffs in the East...

getting dat avatar ready

Bowser

Pistons, Raptors, Bucks?

da fuq

Knux, as an unbias 3rd party, how many games did we clearly and intentionally throw - by either playing a certain someone or removing a certain someone? And how many did we simply take ourselves out of by putting a broken product on the court?

You all have no clue what a true tank is made of.

These teams will clearly make the playoffs in the East:

MIA
IND
CHI
BKN
NYK

That leaves three spots, two of which I believe will ultimately go to ATL (esp if they sign Monta) and CLE. So that would leave us fighting with DET, TOR, WSH and maybe MIL for the 8th seed. While signing Big Al and playing Zeller will make our offense much more potent, we're likely to be even worse on defense than we were last year by playing those two big minutes.

Dy you've lost your mind. There is no way we're making the playoffs. The Bucks, Pistons, Cavs will all be better than us. The Hawks as well probably. We'll be the 10 seed at best.

DY_nasty

Mullins is pretty goddamn awful guys

They don't even fucking know.

Ben Gordon? Has there ever been a more clutch tank commander?

Need to inject some fuckball to cool off Kemba? Tyrus is your man. Bathsalts to the face. And his wife will cut you.

Want to grind out some offense? Start off the 3rd by running it through Biyombo.

MKG on pace for 25/15? FUK DAT. Bench that motherfucker and let Reggie Williams get some burn.
Dy you've lost your mind. There is no way we're making the playoffs. The Bucks, Pistons, Cavs will all be better than us. The Hawks as well probably. We'll be the 10 seed at best.

Pistons weren't even better than us last year when we were literally built to lose. That team is simply a void.

So who's actually not tanking next year?? Miami, Spurs, Pacers.... and OKC?

I wish people stop saying this, in reality very few teams are actually tanking next year--which shows how fucking dumb this league is.

There's this theory that 90% of the league is tanking when in reality there's only one: Philadelphia.

Outside of Philly there are just flat out bad teams: Sacramento, Charlotte, Phoenix, Orlando and that's it, and those teams aren't even tanking, they are just comfortable with their picks.

The only team flat out tanking is the Sixers.

Bowser

Pistons weren't even better than us last year when we were literally built to lose. That team is simply a void.

What? We went 1-3 vs them and our only win was in OT with Ben Gordon actually not being a worthless carcass (18 points). We had a -9.2 point differential last season. Even if we assume a 5 point improvement, which would be nearly insane, we'd be -4.0 which was good to finish 11th (ironically, Detroit) in the East last season.

You done gone crazy DY.

I wish people stop saying this, in reality very few teams are actually tanking next year--which shows how fucking dumb this league is.

There's this theory that 90% of the league is tanking when in reality there's only one: Philadelphia.

Outside of Philly there are just flat out bad teams: Sacramento, Charlotte, Phoenix, Orlando and that's it, and those teams aren't even tanking, they are just comfortable with their picks.

Celtics getting rid of basically everybody seems like they're tanking, honestly. With that said, if KO really takes off, I could see them trying to make a playoff push instead.

KingGondo

Banned

If say Orlando is tanking intelligently, like the Thunder did their first year in OKC. They still had nice young pieces, but they're too young/inexperienced to win consistently.

I'd like to thank PJ Carlesimo for helping us to that 3-29 start. We actually weren't that awful after that point.

Top Bottom