• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Pimpwerx

Back from the Marlins game. Wanted to post from there, but...BIRDMAN, BIRDMAN!!! Glad the tattooed terror is back. The league has officially been put on notice. We just reloaded with the steal of the draft James Ennis. It's ain't a game no more. PEACE.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Guess who is who:

049IzdF.png

y73b25n.jpg

The shitty one is Novak, the really shitty one is Bargs.

3-6 lol

Knox

You'd have a better free throw shooting team

Dwight made almost 300 more free throws than Kaman did last year. :p

Which makes me think, Houston is just going to fuck people with foul trouble next year. Harden and Howard are going to get opened up because the other team will constantly have to be careful about fouls.

hansbrough is garbage. selfish, doesn't rebound and is inefficient for a power forward.

then again i'm not sure the raptors are actually tanking

Back from the Marlins game. Wanted to post from there, but...BIRDMAN, BIRDMAN!!! Glad the tattooed terror is back. The league has officially been put on notice. We just reloaded with the steal of the draft James Ennis. It's ain't a game no more. PEACE.

I'm sorry you had to witness that atrocity of a franchise

Pimpwerx

I'm sorry you had to witness that atrocity of a franchise

My friend knows the stadium dj, so he got us nice seats. That park is absolutely amazing. No lie. My tax dollars have helped pay for one hell of a baseball park. The sightlines remind me of Fenway with how close you feel to the park, and the concessions are easily the best in South Florida. I am massively impressed with Marlins Park. Too bad I don't care much about baseball anymore, and hate this team's ownership. I did get to see a pickoff at 2nd, a throwout at home and a Marlin went yard to set off the gaudy centerfield statue. All in all, a good night. PEACE.

Joseca

Banned
I know what the salary cap is, but I don't understand that luxury tax thing. There is also a lot of movement these days of players that I didn't know. Damn I feel that I don't know anything about basketball...

I know what the salary cap is, but I don't understand that luxury tax thing. There is also a lot of movement these days of players that I didn't know. Damn I feel that I don't know anything about basketball...

nba has a soft cap, the luxury tax is the penalty for going over it beyond the allowable amount. at first a team pays a dollar for every dollar they go over the tax, but with the new cba they've implemented punitive repeater rates that can seriously balloon the bill to field an expensive team.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q21

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 15m
Your NBA luxury-tax champions from the 2012-13 season? Lakers informed tonight that they were officially charged $29,259,739 in '12-13 tax

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 11m
Rest of NBA's 2012-13 tax bills: 2. MIA ($13,346,242), 3. BKN ($12,883,647), 4. NYK ($9,962,406), 5. CHI ($3,932,336), 6. BOS ($1,181,640)

Taxes, man. Building some roads.

OK, now we can laugh at Brooklyn

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine now
Wanna know how new NBA world works? With essentially same payroll as Lakers last season, Nets will owe$70+ mil in tax after 2013-14 season

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 10s
You read right, my friends. Nets projected, at this early juncture, to owe somewhere between $72M and $77M in taxes after coming season

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Why are the Knicks fans talking trash?

They're the ones stuck with Carmelon.

spike.gif

They just follow the example of their little mascot. It's in their nature to talk trash.

Think of all the bad times they have had and will continue to have. They got to have something to do, might as well shit on other teams and their players to help them forget what they have.

Joseca

Banned
nba has a soft cap, the luxury tax is the penalty for going over it beyond the allowable amount. at first a team pays a dollar for every dollar they go over the tax, but with the new cba they've implemented punitive repeater rates that can seriously balloon the bill to field an expensive team.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q21

Now I understand why the Lakers are the luxury-tax champions haha, that site will be helpful. Thanks man!

Omega

Banned
Why are the Knicks fans talking trash?

They're the ones stuck with Carmelon.

They just follow the example of their little mascot. It's in their nature to talk trash.

Think of all the bad times they have had and will continue to have. They got to have something to do, might as well shit on other teams and their players to help them forget what they have.

I don't even talk shit. I know my team is trash

but coming into the season all of nba-gaf said was how the Nets were better than us. We finished with a better record and we didn't lose to a team whose best player was Nate Robinson.

but coming into the season all of nba-gaf said was how the Nets were better than us. We finished with a better record and we didn't lose to a team whose best player was Nate Robinson.
There were two good people on that Bulls squad.....

that means Nate Robinson and, and......

AND1!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
boozAAAAAAAAAAAAAHR.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Well that makes you one of the few sane Knicks-age fans.

I honestly never even pay attention to the Nets or when people bring them up here. I guess if I were a Knicks fan that would bother me, but it's no different than the Knicks (not yourself) fans tonight talking shit about the Rockets and Howard.

I live in NYC so I've been around plenty of Knicks fans and most are not like you... unless I just happen to only know the biggest asses in city who root for the team.

Matrix

matrix, everyone talks trash Einstein. rockets aint shit either.

Not everyone trash talks other teams when they know their team is shit. I don't go into baseball threads and shit talk teams fans cause I know my Astros are dog shit. Wouldn't do it if the Rockets stank. Didn't do it with the Texans either when they sucked.

I know why Knicks fans talk shit regarding the Rockets, but tonight it was like a one- two punch of Knicks/Lakers age at the Rockets regarding Howard which was honestly f-ing odd as hell.

exarkun

kabango looks trash in summer league and probably won't make the roster

kabongo is a pure pg, if his teammates are trash, then he'll be trash too. Dunno why the Heat didn't let him play more in the summer league. Their roster is full of iso guys and general garbo. Rick Barnes is a terrible coach, and I felt Kabongo should have stayed one more year, but hes at least NBA back-up good.

masud

Banned
The Rockets are a 2nd round playoff team with no chance of chipping in the foreseeable future just like the Knicks. We can all talk shit about each other.

Matrix

The Rockets are a 2nd round playoff team with no chance of chipping in the foreseeable future just like the Knicks. We can all talk shit about each other.

Well at least we have the excuse of playing in a Conference where the teams are a hell of a lot better :)

And what Red Blaster said lol

Pimpwerx

kabongo is a pure pg, if his teammates are trash, then he'll be trash too. Dunno why the Heat didn't let him play more in the summer league. Their roster is full of iso guys and general garbo. Rick Barnes is a terrible coach, and I felt Kabongo should have stayed one more year, but hes at least NBA back-up good.

Because Kabongo (1) can't shoot and (2) couldn't get the team into its offense quick enough. It's really telling when your "pure pg" is replaced by a combo guard, and does a better job running the offense. We're just tinkering with Clark at the point, because that's the only way to fit him in the roster, but he's running the point better than Kabongo. Cedric Jackson is too. Kabongo started losing minutes from the 2nd game. He's not ready yet. He needs some years overseas...or shoulda stayed in college longer. PEACE.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Well that makes you one of the few sane Knicks-age fans.

I honestly never even pay attention to the Nets or when people bring them up here. I guess if I were a Knicks fan that would bother me, but it's no different than the Knicks (not yourself) fans tonight talking shit about the Rockets and Howard.

I live in NYC so I've been around plenty of Knicks fans and most are not like you... unless I just happen to only know the biggest asses in city who root for the team.

Well at least we have the excuse of playing in a Conference where the teams are a hell of a lot better :)

And what Red Blaster said lol

one minute your crying foul the next your talking trash again.... lol stop flip flopping like dwight!

Matrix

one minute your crying foul the next your talking trash again.... lol stop flip flopping like dwight?

I said use the "excuse" and with a smiley face. God damn that's some hardcore trash talking lol

and the whole of NBA GAF laughs at Andrea bargnani

Top Bottom