• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Fox318

jason-terry-celtics-tattoo1.jpeg

7172391428_6fc5ffce2f.jpg
maybe an artist can convert it into Jason Kidd.

rinse82

So today is the day that Bargnani is officially not a Raptor. Rejoice, Toronto.

I know Raps haven't done much but:

Out: Bargnani, John Lucas III

In: Psycho, Novak, Camby, 1st, Two 2nd's

I'll take that.

KingKong

Does anyone else find all these anti-Howard articles and news a little ridiculous? As though it being Los Angeles means leaving a bad coach and an old injured team with no bench thats going to have to rebuild in a few years isn't a good idea

linsivvi

So 3 of the top 5 have championships to show for it, and the Blazers have stopped the spending since the Jailblazer days. That leaves us Dolan.

But then he's probably still making money off the Knicks. The Lakers is projected to make $75M next season and that's without owning the cable network nor the venue.

LuchaShaq

Banned
damn, it's still weird seeing those 3 guys on a new team. I wonder if they'll mesh well together. Not really sure where Joe Johnson fits in that starting lineup though. Does he do anything other than shoot?

Even though he has clearly lost a step Joe is still a pretty damn good ball handler/passer/rebounder for his position.

He used to be an above average but not elite defender at both guard spots but losing some of his quickness put an end to that.

So 3 of the top 5 have championships to show for it, and the Blazers have stopped the spending since the Jailblazer days. That leaves us Dolan.

But then he's probably still making money off the Knicks. The Lakers is projected to make $75M next season and that's without owning the cable network nor the venue.

knicks organization make a shit ton of money. i think they earn the most in the NBA. whether the team is good or bad, dolan will always make stacks off this team. he really has no incentive to be a good owner since there are so many fans and NY loves bball. ticket prices are fucking insane too yet they usually sell out.

maybe thatll change since brooklyn nets are now here and if they start doing better than the knicks, over time more people like forever will show up

The lineup should be fine offensively. There are pressure releases pretty much everywhere. If things bog down in terms of a busted PNR or play then literally every player other than maybe Brook can create his own jumpshot with decent accuracy.

I'm excited to see them play.

That Nets lineup if healthy should be excellent...Williams, Pierce and KG will keep that ball moving, and everyone in that lineup is a good shot too, so even the cheapest defensive schemes will be able to be accounted for.

As for Dolan...I pray daily that the Knicks are sold to an owner who loves the team and wants to win at all costs. I'd kill for a Steinbrenner-type guy to run the team.

Smokey

Cowherd just said the Cavs signing Bynum will be a major factor in lebron wanting to come back to the Cavs when he opts out. Called it one of the best moves in recent nba history lolz

I am astonished that it hasn't gotten around in NBA circles enough about what a bum Andrew Bynum is.

But hey sports is the land of 4th and 5th chance so why not

Fox318

Cowherd just said the Cavs signing Bynum will be a major factor in lebron wanting to come back to the Cavs when he opts out. Called it one of the best moves in recent nba history lolz

Why are you even listing to him? Dude doesn't deserve the platform he has.

Just looked over who the Lakers have signed for next year. I got a really good laugh out of it. Without Kobe their roster is the worst in the league. they've got the Sixers beat if Kobe is out for a while.

Fox318

Just looked over who the Lakers have signed for next year. I got a really good laugh out of it. Without Kobe their roster is the worst in the league. they've got the Sixers beat if Kobe is out for a while.

Be carefull. If Jordan reads this he might trade lottery picks for kris humphries and give him a max deal.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Nah. Gasol and Nash probably keeps them outside the Wiggns-Parker sweepstake.

linsivvi

So why do some people keep saying the Lakers will get the 9th seed then? Kobe isn't good enough to make the worst team in the league the 9th seed in the West.

Nash and Pau PNR (without Kobe getting in the way or Dwight sabotage) will be a tier above anything a MCW focused offense will be able to put together.

KingGondo

Banned
Plus they're in a real conference. Not many gimme wins in the West, especially with the Clips and Ws in their division.

Man, Basketball Reasons really killed the Lakers.

Not that I'm complaining.

Forever

Banned
TT continues to look terrible in Summer League. Good thing we're signing Livingston.

maybe thatll change since brooklyn nets are now here and if they start doing better than the knicks, over time more people like forever will show up
We will save this city.

Nori Chan

this kinda just hit me.

We won't even be fuckball this year..

we will be something far worse.

my god
#knuxball

Where every play makes you want to cut your wrist, put a lit cigarette on your skin, drink bleach, tie a noose, have a fork right next to a toaster, buy jellyfishes, and be Evan turner.

Forever

Banned
God this has to be the worst team in Summer League.

Everyone just give the ball to Plumlee plz. He can run the point better than TT lmao.

masud

Banned
That Nets lineup if healthy should be excellent...Williams, Pierce and KG will keep that ball moving, and everyone in that lineup is a good shot too, so even the cheapest defensive schemes will be able to be accounted for.

As for Dolan...I pray daily that the Knicks are sold to an owner who loves the team and wants to win at all costs. I'd kill for a Steinbrenner-type guy to run the team.

Dolan wants to win at all cost. He's just a moron (and kinda evil).

This Neto kid from Brazil looks solid.

Top Bottom