• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

RBH

Who says crime don't pay? Dat mob money working out pretty good for the Nets.

media_17fa4b75b7844da7b5466937bf70b0cb_t607.jpg

exarkun

After telling kado that Young is not a tank commander, and that LA will win games on Young daggers ala JR and the Knicks (lol), we get

17:51 viakado: i hope kobe gets injured trying to rush back

luulz

Nori Chan

i like how syphon uses the same gif over and over again for a good bargnani play...its like its the only good play he ever made

syphon do you have a good melo defensive play gif?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Prok to AK47: "I know where your family lives. Since I'm nice guy, I'm gonna give you extraordinary $3.1mil. What do you say? We have deal? You have beautiful wife. It would be shame if something happened to her."

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I just remembered ive met Nick Young before. My plan is to say "Ive met a Laker player before" so it will always sound better than it actually is.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ArturoGalletti: I have the Nets at $30 mill over the luxury limit for a tax bill of $82.5 million and a total payroll of about $182 million dollars.

Not a single fuck

knicks

I don't even understand the AK47 thing. Something is clearly going on over there....Not that AK47 is a stud anymore, but this is dirty playing field. Guy is clearly getting rewarded in some kind of other way from the Nets.

Bread

Banned
I don't even understand the AK47 thing. Something is clearly going on over there....Not that AK47 is a stud anymore, but this is dirty playing field. Guy is clearly getting rewarded in some kind of other way from the Nets.
Obviously, but this is the NBA of today. Shit can happen like this and there's nothing you can do.

Forever

Banned

The market was drying up and he's always had an interest in the Nets due to his relationships with Deron and Proky. I think he donated his salary last year to charity too. Money obviously isn't everything with him.

Bow down before your new mafia overlord.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Not really

It's not unheard of to want to play for someone from your mother country

Everything else the Nets did were trades and free money given to AB

linsivvi

It's called a chance to win while still getting paid somewhat above the minimum wage.

Blackace

Plus for the NBA anything the Nets do now is just free money

CB3

I just realized that Swaggy P is gonna be starting regardless.Because i bet they move Kobe to SF, as we have zero actual small forwards on the roster.

Pimpwerx

Brooklyn getting AK47 is interesting indeed, but I'm not really worried. I don't have any confidence in those fossils having legs late in the season, but we'll see. They certainly have a great collection of bbiq and aging talent. PEACE.

SamuraiX-

The NBA's remaining amnesty candidates

Atlanta: Al Horford
Boston: Avery Bradley, Rajon Rondo
Chicago: Carlos Boozer, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah
Detroit: Greg Monroe, Charlie Villanueva
Memphis: Mike Conley, Zach Randolph
Miami: Joel Anthony, Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslem, LeBron James, Mike Miller, Dwyane Wade
Milwaukee: Drew Gooden, Larry Sanders
Oklahoma City: Nick Collison, Kevin Durant, Kendrick Perkins, Thabo Sefolosha
Sacramento: DeMarcus Cousins, John Salmons
San Antonio: Matt Bonner, Tony Parker
Toronto: Amir Johnson, Linas Kleiza
Utah: Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward

I'm glad to hear that at least the Kings were finally mentioned to be pursuing AK47 shortly before he was signed. That gives me hope.

Blackace

After the past few years, there might actually riots if the Lakers made any sort of move to not bring Kobe back.
Not if you got a young possibly better player

Laker fans didn't riot for Shaq because long term keeping Kobe was better

If Lakers got 1st pick I wonder if they try to move Kobe

Keeping Kobe for a few seasons with the #1 pick could go either way, no expectations to win immediately with a young gun, so why not keep Kobe unless he starts some serious ish.

no trade clause

I can't see him ever waiving it

His contract will be up by the time we get Wiggins...he'll most likely get a no trade clause in his new deal tho

CB3

Not if you got a young possibly better player

Laker fans didn't riot for Shaq because long term keeping Kobe was better

Shaq wasnt loved in the same exact way Kobe is in this city.

d1MsoJN.png

rofl

He's taking this pretty well.

He is still getting his money. We wernt winning anything this season and a contender might pick him up. Its not the worst thing in the world.

Top Bottom