• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Holy shit

yiSYY50.jpg

Thanks for the chip Ron, you'll be missed.

Cipherr

of anyone to talk about underestimating a team...

To be fair, the Heat put boston out of the playoffs 2 of the last 3 seasons, and they have 2 straight ships. Its the Nets that need to prove something, hell anything. I think you are stretching hard here... The only real thing you can hinge this comparison on is Boston making it to a game seven and losing when Miami had a key injury during that series.... thats just flimsy man.

Bread

Banned
To be fair, the Heat put boston out of the playoffs 2 of the last 3 seasons, and they have 2 straight ships. Its the Nets that need to prove something, hell anything. I think you are stretching hard here... The only real thing you can hinge this comparison on is Boston making it to a game seven and losing when Miami had a key injury during that series.... thats just flimsy man.
uhhhh wtf is this shit when im not even allowed to say that the nets have the best shot to beat the heat when healthy, chill the fuck out knicks/heat fans.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
.Nets main issue will be health. If they are healthy, they are leaps and bounds better than either team.

There are 4 factors that are working against the Nyets next season

Health
Age (IE being done or run down)
Chemistry
Coaching

regular season chemistry would be the bigger issue and come playoffs coaching could potentially end their run. As for Health and Age those can come into play at any time.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Just had a look at the Horncats summer league roster

Deron Washington, Patrick Ewing Jr, Nick Barbour, Brandon Triche, Abdul Gaddy...

Some of these names I haven't heard of since high school.
Patrick Ewing hooking his horrible son up

Blackace

Just because he is chubby doesn't mean cousins is built like shaq.

If cousins had shaqs body he would have been an all star last two years even with his issues and no d
No True at all

Being gifted doesn't make you an all star
Ask Harold Minor

LuchaShaq

Banned
No True at all

Being gifted doesn't make you an all star
Ask Harold Minor

Being gifted has gotten cousins to be 18-10 a season, if he had shaqs body of strength and agility he would be averaging 25-12+ in this league of mediocre big men even if he was lazy and selfish, hell probably closer to thirty a game.

Cousins is nowhere near shaq athletically. It's not even close. Cousins is a below the rim player. He is much much much more Zachary Randolph type body than he is shaq style.

Blackace

Being gifted has gotten cousins to be 18-10 a season, if he had shaqs body of strength and agility he would be averaging 25-12+ in this league of mediocre big men even if he was lazy and selfish, hell probably closer to thirty a game.

No buying
Shaq put in mad work early in his career

He practiced post moves to perfection

DMC is more gifted than most big men today

All he needs is work

All this talk about Nets being #1 or #2 in the East....

Reminds me of last off season.

Neo-Lakers it is.

nets are going to be good

but they arent making it out of the second round

they could also be a laker-like disaster but the fact that theyre in the eastern conference guarantees them a top 5 seed

RBH

LuchaShaq

Banned
No buying
Shaq put in mad work early in his career

He practiced post moves to perfection

DMC is more gifted than most big men today

All he needs is work

I agree with you he is gifted but needs alot of work.

Still he has nothing in common with shaq besides being centers with a low post game.

Z-bo, pre injury Elton brand, Kevin mcchale if he was chubby, Rasheed pre three point obsession, and countless guys from the 70s who also played mostly below the rim.

All those guys are more close to cousins than shaq style and body wise.

The only person near shaq body wise is wilt, and some of the taller nfl lineman over the years.

DMC's quickness is average, his touch is below average, and he has almost no explosiveness. His talent level on defense is below average for an NBA center and he's not that spectacularly talented on offense. He's really good at offensive rebounding (which is kind of a worthless skill in the way he does it since he murders the Kings transition defense in the process), but I don't think he's shown much of anything else. He could be a pretty good player because his standing reach is awesome (though those other issues I think would stop him from being a superstar), but his defense fucking blows right now and nothing else in his game matters until he fixes that up.

Blackace

I agree with you he is gifted but needs alot of work.

Still he has nothing in common with shaq besides being centers with a low post game.

Z-bo, pre injury Elton brand, Kevin mcchale if he was chubby, Rasheed pre three point obsession, and countless guys from the 70s who also played mostly below the rim.

All those guys are more close to cousins than shaq style and body wise.

The only person near shaq body wise is wilt, and some of the taller nfl lineman over the years.

Nope... you keep throwing chubby like that takes away from his soft hands and agility.

In today's NBA DMC is maybe the closest we have to Shaq

But it's all good if you don't see that

Blackace

DMC's quickness is average, his touch is below average, and he has almost no explosiveness. His talent level on defense is below average for an NBA center and he's not that spectacularly talented on offense. He's really good at offensive rebounding (which is kind of a worthless skill in the way he does it since he murders the Kings transition defense in the process), but I don't think he's shown much of anything else. He could be a pretty good player because his standing reach is awesome (though those other issues I think would stop him from being a superstar), but his defense fucking blows right now and nothing else in his game matters until he fixes that up.

He has great hands and his quickness is good just his moves aren't

Besides LA last season, What regular season super squad hasnt won like 55 games?

Nets are gonna show out. They will sweep every series from the bottom feeders.

Yeah, pretty much.

I feel like people here never really watched shaq in his early days. Shaq wasn't always looking chunky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DSN1KnAW-Y

Dude was so agile for his size. He developed great footwork; his dropstep was ridiculous.

Blackace

Yeah, pretty much.

I feel like people here never really watched shaq in his early days. Shaq wasn't always looking chunky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DSN1KnAW-Y

Dude was so agile for his size. He developed great footwork; his dropstep was ridiculous.

Shaq was nuts

So were guys like Patrick Ewing Drob Dream and TD

We might never see so many great centers at once again

SamuraiX-

The real problem with DMC is that he doesn't like contact.

He will never realize his potential until he learns to embrace getting physical in the post.

Top Bottom