• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

xIlhJl0.png

Still would take Wallace over Bargs.

Also: http://bkref.com/tiny/oxpE9

Looking around, a valid case could be made for Beasley or Ben Gordon along with Bargs and Rivers. I'll give the rookie a pass, always. For my money, Beasley or Bargs. Beasley's numbers were ghastly.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/0...es-to-beat-up-the-rockets-andrei-kirilenko/3/

-Kobe Bryant is apparently far ahead of schedule in his rehab process, from Melissa Rohlin of Los Angeles Times: “Kobe Bryant said his Achilles’ tendon injury is healing at a faster pace than doctors expected. ”I’m far ahead, far ahead,” Bryant told The Times in an interview Wednesday at his summer camp at UC Santa Barbara. “Surprisingly so, but really ahead of schedule.” Bryant said he expects to be more aggressive with his conditioning by mid-August, which would put him at four months after his surgery. ”I can shoot, but they’d just rather me not,” Bryant said. “And there’s no reason to rush it, so I’d rather just wait and let the tendon strengthen and completely heal and go from there.” Bryant said he devotes hours each day to getting his tendon stronger. ”It’s about three hours, sometimes four, depending on the day,” Bryant said. “It consists of weight training manual therapy, modalities, doing the elliptical.”

-Kobe’s doctor expects him to be ready from the opening tip:

Dr. Robert Klapper @DrRobertKlapper
KOBE to be at full activity in 4 weeks. That means no restrictions but later stages of tendon recovery still remain. Will see him at Game 1.
7:23 PM - 10 Jul 2013
You can forget the tank, Lakers-age.

yeah..you answered your own question

That's what I'm talking about...he's arguably worse....if healthy enough to play....if Woodson gives up and plays him...if Bargs decides he actually wants to play basketball this year....if the pressure isn't too much.

More points more inefficiently, worse D at a position where D matters more. and he can't spread the floor like Toronto advertised. He struggled to shoot over 30% from 3 the past two seasons.

And yea Camby and Novak weren't getting big minutes but you'd rather Amare/Chandler/Kurt/Chair be your big rotation than give Bargs any meaningful minutes. It's subtraction by addition.

I can't believe I'm explaining why bargs is possibly worse than Steve Novak right now.

i knew he wasnt good but i didnt think he was that bad of a player. i sit corrected.

woodson was like "we liked barg better than novak and camby" so im interested in seeing what hes going to do besides give us 500 new reaction GIFs

Bargnani will still be more productive than Novak or Camby.

That was my thinking as well. We still have our main core guys who were pivotal last season (Felton, J.R., Melo, Chandler) and have a healthy Shumpert and a non-injured Stat hopefully producing more.

Knicks are still a good team lol.

yeah the team has a lot to work on but the doom and gloom is really over exaggerated.

masud

Banned
Isn't Brooklyn closer to Queens than Manhattan ;)?

Actually the part of Queens Ron Ron is from is much closer to MSG and Manhattan than Barclays and Brooklyn. And no dude from queens would chose to rock a Brooklyn jersey over a New York one. And he's admitted to being a Knick fan several times in the past.

And I'm no Bargs fan but dudes been struggling with injuries for the last 2 seasons (he's played like 60 games or something) judging him by those seasons is pretty disingenuous.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Rushing back from an Achilles injury

what could go wrong
And I'm no Bargs fan but dudes been struggling with injuries for the last 2 seasons (he's played like 60 games or something) judging him by those seasons is pretty disingenuous.

Struggling with the fact that he's a pussy...

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
If we see them in the ECF who you got? Don't cop out and say no one.

Your problems were rebounding and defense. Your solution was Bargnani.

I can't speak for the rest of knicks age

But

No one same when the pacers played them this year

And defense wasn't the problem in the post season. Offense and injury were the problem, no second option and most the bigs got injured so hibbert dominated. Did you even watch the Knicks playoffs last season? You've gone from talking shit to talking out your ass in trying to prove your point.

Omega

Banned
Actually the part of Queens Ron Ron is from is much closer to MSG and Manhattan than Barclays and Brooklyn. And no dude from queens would chose to rock a Brooklyn jersey over a New York one. And he's admitted to being a Knick fan several times in the past.

true, but money can make that change

Bargs has been trash his whole career. Injury also didn't make him soft as hell and a child that needs to be coddled.

Forever

Banned
<3

And defense wasn't the problem in the post season. Offense and injury were the problem, no second option and most the bigs got injured so hibbert dominated. Did you even watch the Knicks playoffs last season? You've gone from talking shit to talking out your ass in trying to prove your point.

lol damn where was your outrage when this was being posted all over the place.

935826_498348090237738_1177142958_n.png

Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
<3

lol damn where was your outrage when this was being posted all over the place.

935826_498348090237738_1177142958_n.png

Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer.

a cartoon? How clever.... You showed me and my reality...Pls continue to talk out your ass in support of your teams hypothetical dominance.

masud

Banned
Yeah defense wasn't a problem for the Knicks once they got KMart. The problem was JR choked and we couldn't score. Did you even watch the playoffs?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Or elbow and shoulder injuries but let's not let facts get in the way of the trolling.

Yeah.

Toronto fans definitely believed he was only held back because of injuries.
Yeah defense wasn't a problem for the Knicks once they got KMart. The problem was JR choked and we couldn't score. Did you even watch the playoffs?

People definitely remember you all throwing Chandler under the bus for not being able to play defense for the other 4 guys on the court...

masud

Banned
I'm nervous that some dumb ass lottery team is gonna put a bid in for Artest. Dude needs to post more unstable shit on twitter.

Tom Penny

Well, we'll call him the 2.0 version. Scals is the original..... I have the T-shirt to prove it, lol.

Olynyk appears to actually have some basketball skill though. Fab should stay in the D league. I'd rather have scrub Colt Iverson on the roster right now then super scrub Melo. Hopefully Danny gets rid of some dead weight once the Net trade is official.

Cornbread78

Olynyk appears to actually have some basketball skill though. Fab should stay in the D league. I'd rather have scrub Colt Iverson on the roster right now then super scrub Melo. Hopefully Danny gets rid of some dead weight once the Net trade is official.

LOL, true enough. Olynyk has looked really good so far and should should fit right into that KG style hybrid 5 position he played the past couple seasons. Unfortunately, they are way over the roster cap as of right now, and will have to trim some fat. Can they amnesty Humphries, or anyone else, and do they even haev any trade commodities outside of Rondo and Sullinger right now to cut the roster down?

Tom Penny

LOL, true enough. Olynyk has looked really good so far and should should fit right into that KG style hybrid 5 position he played the past couple seasons. Unfortunately, they are way over the roster cap as of right now, and will have to trim some fat. Can they amnesty Humphries, or anyone else, and do they even haev any trade commodities outside of Rondo and Sullinger right now to cut the roster down?

Something is going to happen. They are getting back way too many players. The roster is going to be far too large. Hopefully something involving Bass and Lee.

Goddam at those DWill pics. Dude is ready to ball.

yo

D-Will hasn't been in that good of shape since maybe middle school.

damn

Exactly. He's kind of gotten lost in all this KG/PP trade.

DWill looks like he's going to be pretty explosive this year. Look at what he's working with now. You can't double him off of any of the starters and every one of those guys can hit a jumper.

Cornbread78

Isn't Fab the only true center on your roster? Great way to tank btw, ask any Bobcat fan who watched us over the last 2 and a half years.

I think the new Brazillian guy they signed is actually a better player than Fab is. I think they will put Oly at the 4 and put in Iverson at the 5 at times, which could be fun to watch, but mostly, they will flex Only into that hybrid 5 KG has been playing and put Bass/Green/Sulli at the 4. Let's be real here, there will be no D being played on that team outside of Bradley anyway, and Rondo isn't going to bother, Oly is just learning, and Bass/Sullinger are average defensive players at best.... The problem is, they are not god enough to grab a play-off spot, but not bad enough to be in the lottery. They are in the worst place possible unles they trade Rondo/Bass/Lee......

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
Just got firm word that Cavs -- after signing Andrew Bynum -- are no longer pursuing Greg Oden. Mavs now IN Oden race led by Spurs & Heat

I think Cuban has run out of letters for all his plans.

KingGondo

Banned
Hey, can you ask him to trade for Rondo and Lee? Celts need to go into full tank mode..
Can't imagine what the Czzzz would want from Dallas. Rondo's worth keeping anyways.

He's not good enough on his own (especially coming off a major injury) to elevate that team, and he has one of the best contracts in the league.

Top Bottom