• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

They're too old to shoot for a 1 seed.

KG and Pierce look halfdead as it is... they should be sitting at least 20 games this year.

.Nets main issue will be health. If they are healthy, they are leaps and bounds better than either team.

The team has enough depth that age isn't going to be an issue; PP and KG will get a shit-ton of rest.

The bench alone is probably better than some starting 5's.

they could also be a laker-like disaster but the fact that theyre in the eastern conference guarantees them a top 5 seed

Laker disaster was because of egos, coaching style that didn't suite the personnel, and health issues.

None of the Nets really have big egos. Coaching style is up in the air. Health/age is an issue, but there's enough depth that I think PP and KG will get plenty of rest.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Can't wait until Kobe wills the Lakers in as the 7th seed

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The team has enough depth that age isn't going to be an issue; PP and KG will get a shit-ton of rest.

The bench alone is probably better than some starting 5's.

Laker disaster was because of egos, coaching style that didn't suite the personnel, and health issues.

None of the Nets really have big egos. Coaching style is up in the air. Health/age is an issue, but there's enough depth that I think PP and KG will get plenty of rest.
Who's on their bench?

We really relying on Blatche and Hump? AK47 is just as old and busted as Pierce. Terry is Flip Murray-tier now. That's not a bench. That's a NBA Live 2008 fantasy draft team before you head to the trade screen.

ibuZ2aEXATQiT7.jpg

Vyer

Had to look up AK47's stats for last year. Guess he's not as washed up as I thought he was. Still wonder what happened to him back in '06

Also DWill lost a lot of weight:

He's going to have a monster season.

It's like people are forgetting that this team still has DWill, Joe Johnson, and Bropez and won 49 games last year with Reggie Evans as the starting PF.....................

Yeah, let that sink in.

exarkun

Poor Sixers :(

Royce White gives an emphatic ‘hell no’ to the idea of taking part in 100 flights this NBA season
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...s-emphatic-hell-no-idea-taking-195522553.html

What a fucking douche. I tried to understand it, but damn dude, if you have this problem, then why even try now that you have your money. O wait, if he doesn't do this circus, can't the team terminate the contract because of standard contract law? A little fraud? Some anticipatory repudiation? He never intended to fulfill or do anything to get his money. Dick.

otapnam

Also DWill lost a lot of weight:

He's going to have a monster season.

It's like people are forgetting that this team still has DWill, Joe Johnson, and Bropez and won 49 games last year with Reggie Evans as the starting PF.....................

Yeah, let that sink in.

man he looks great. Hope all that hard work ends up being worth it

masud

Banned
Knicks fans now rooting for the Heat just so that they don't get run right out of town. I couldn't have scripted better.

I'm not rooting for the Heat. Fuck the Heat, the Nets just aren't gonna beat them. So all the picks, players and 10's of millions of dollars in fees are gonna be for nothing. But I guess they'll probably be better than Knicks for the next couple of seasons until the wheels fall off. So congrats?

But who gives a fuck about the Nets? We're getting Ron Ron!

There are over a dozen teams who can claim Metta at a discount price before NY can even talk to him. It's where he wants to be, so it'd be cool if he landed there, but I think someone picks him up, I doubt he actually retires.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
There are over a dozen teams who can claim Metta at a discount price before NY can even talk to him. It's where he wants to be, so it'd be cool if he landed there, but I think someone picks him up, I doubt he actually retires.

Isn't Brooklyn closer to Queens than Manhattan ;)?

I dont get the sentiment around here that the Knicks are either going to suck or just do okay this upcoming season compared to last season.

Please, someone enlighten me on how the Knicks got a lot worse.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I dont get the sentiment around here that the Knicks are either going to suck or just do okay this upcoming season compared to last season.

Bargnani.

They also lost their ultimate floor leader in Jason Kidd, despite how bad he has gotten with age.

Forever

Banned
I'm not rooting for the Heat. Fuck the Heat, the Nets just aren't gonna beat them.

If we see them in the ECF who you got? Don't cop out and say no one.

Your problems were rebounding and defense. Your solution was Bargnani.

we didnt. its just easy to pick on the knicks because of this organizations history of being a bunch of dumbfucks. we traded novak and zombie camby for barg who has more upside than either. paid a stupid amount of money but theyre looking to the future with this trade.

we kept majority of the core also have shump healthy to start the season. we surprised a lot of people last year with a bunch of senior citizens and i think well be a good team this season again.

The realization of Bargs' awfulness experienced by some of the delusional members of Nix-age is gonna be really sad and fun to watch.

You guys really haven't watched him play have you? He's like....real bad at basketball things.

who here is delusional? no one in knicks-age seriously things barg is gonna be a difference maker. at least he isnt novak bad.

Omega

Banned
we didnt. its just easy to pick on the knicks because of this organizations history of being a bunch of dumbfucks. we traded novak and zombie camby for barg who has more upside than either. paid a stupid amount of money but theyre looking to the future with this trade.

we kept majority of the core also have shump healthy to start the season. we surprised a lot of people last year with a bunch of senior citizens and i think well be a good team this season again.

who here is delusional? no one in knicks-age seriously things barg is gonna be a difference maker. at least he isnt novak bad.

yeah..you answered your own question

That's what I'm talking about...he's arguably worse....if healthy enough to play....if Woodson gives up and plays him...if Bargs decides he actually wants to play basketball this year....if the pressure isn't too much.

More points more inefficiently, worse D at a position where D matters more. and he can't spread the floor like Toronto advertised. He struggled to shoot over 30% from 3 the past two seasons.

And yea Camby and Novak weren't getting big minutes but you'd rather Amare/Chandler/Kurt/Chair be your big rotation than give Bargs any meaningful minutes. It's subtraction by addition.

I can't believe I'm explaining why bargs is possibly worse than Steve Novak right now.

Your problems were rebounding and defense. Your solution was Bargnani.

The realization of Bargs' awfulness experienced by some of the delusional members of Nix-age is gonna be really sad and fun to watch.

You guys really haven't watched him play have you? He's like....real bad at basketball things.

Bargnani will still be more productive than Novak or Camby.

we kept majority of the core also have shump healthy to start the season.......and i think well be a good team this season again.

That was my thinking as well. We still have our main core guys who were pivotal last season (Felton, J.R., Melo, Chandler) and have a healthy Shumpert and a non-injured Stat hopefully producing more.

Knicks are still a good team lol.

this is insulting to those who are real bad at basketball things.

Bargnani will still be more productive than Novak or Camby.

Only if you count negative production.

Bargs is probably the worst player in the NBA that actually gets playing time. Maybe a case could be made for Austin Rivers, but he was a rookie.

Top Bottom