• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Cornbread78

Not like you tried to trade him to Memphis, bench him, or give him the worst contract of the "big 3" or anything, it's a two way street.

That wasn't Ray's decision, going to Miami was, so no need to the two way street, he left on his own accord....everyone would still love him if he got traded...

Make sure to include Wallace in that trade.

A gift that we could never get I'm guess. Only if it was old school Wallace we got...

Can't imagine what the Czzzz would want from Dallas. Rondo's worth keeping anyways.

He's not good enough on his own (especially coming off a major injury) to elevate that team, and he has one of the best contracts in the league.

Draft picks, straight draft picks. There is nothing else really, but having Rondo on the roster means they are preventing the all-out tank... It's needs to be all or nothing here.. Gotta be a top three pick next year, hopefully #1, but really unlikely.

Bread

Banned
Can't imagine what the Czzzz would want from Dallas. Rondo's worth keeping anyways.

He's not good enough on his own (especially coming off a major injury) to elevate that team, and he has one of the best contracts in the league.
shane larkin and the brooklyn nets win now special. i want those future picks from 2016 and 2018.

Bread

Banned
I'll call Ray Judas jokingly until he retires, but I'm not bitter. Fellow Celtics fans, get the fuck over it already, it's not like we were going to go anywhere with him on the team.

Cornbread78

If by lost respect, you mean bolstered his legacy as the greatest shooter ever then yeah....

yeah, not really. Lebron just owes him hugs and kisses for awhile.

I'll call Ray Judas jokingly until he retires, but I'm not bitter. Fellow Celtics fans, get the fuck over it already, it's not like we were going to go anywhere with him on the team.

yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at as well, I just like to beat the dead horse a little on it. It was like Johnny Damon going to the Yankees.... In the long run, nobody really cares.

linsivvi

What happens to those picks heading to the Celtics if the Nets' picks get vacated due to paying AK under the table?

OK.

You think someone who fake running against Putin in order to help put him back into power would get caught that easily?

Even if it really was an under the table deal, which I don't think it is, the payment will be disguised as some reward from the Russian government. There's literally no way you can trace it back to the Nets.

The people who hold grudges against players who choose to play in another city are being ignorant tribalists. People at Ray's stage in life with young children have priorities more important that loyalty to an organization that would not hesitate to send him out of town if it was to their benefit. Why in the world would someone choose to be beholden to the whims of his employer when they could actually choose the city they want to work in? Especially when children are in the mix and stability is paramount. It is sooo much better to have that power in your own hands rather than in your employers.

The people who hold grudges against players who choose to play in another city are being ignorant tribalists. People at Ray's stage in life with young children have priorities more important that loyalty to an organization that would not hesitate to send him out of town if it was to their benefit. Why in the world would someone choose to be beholden to the whims of his employer when they could actually choose the city they want to work in? Especially when children are in the mix and stability is paramount. It is sooo much better to have that power in your own hands rather than in your employers.

dude

we're fans

to be a fan is illogical in and of itself

and having any sort of sympathy to millionaires in regards to their stability is ridiculous

Pretty much. The "but but he chipped with them boys" mentality is so naive and lacks any kind of perspective of how the real world works. If the trade of Paul Pierce, the HoF they drafted and the guy who stated he'd wish to retire with the team doesn't demonstrate how much of a fuck you pay me league this is, nothing will.

Pretty much. The "but but he chipped with them boys" mentality is so naive and lacks any kind of perspective of how the real world works. If the trade of Paul Pierce, the HoF they drafted and the guy who stated he'd wish to retire with the team doesn't demonstrate how much of a fuck you pay me league this is, nothing will.

The fuck?

He was traded to the best possible situation for him for a shit trade that Ainge made out of respect for his guys.

And alternatively, Ray was rumored to have been traded for a situation that couldn't have been more perfect for him in Memphis.

But yea, I agree that Ray has his right to do whatever the fuck he wants, but fans have a right to hate him, that's just the nature of sports.

People trying to apply logic to sports almost always make themselves look like clowns.

You're cheering for a group of men who happen to be under contract (sometimes not by choice, due to trades or lotto balls LOL) with a guy who owns a team who wear a certain Jersey that represents the geographic location you're in or from. It's fucking stupid.

dude

we're fans

and having any sort of sympathy to millionaires in regards to their stability is ridiculous
Wait what? Just because he makes millions of bucks, we're not supposed to care or show compassion for him and his sons situation? Fuck outta here bruh, you're shallow as a rain puddle.

Bread

Banned
What happens to those picks heading to the Celtics if the Nets' picks get vacated due to paying AK under the table?
Don't see how it could ever effect the Celtics, they aren't property of the Nets anymore so who cares? They would just lose the next picks they have if that was the punishment.

dude

we're fans

Yeah, the word fan itself doesn't exactly imply reasonable impartiality. That said just because Ray is rich doesn't mean he is no longer worthy of sympathy. It's easier for him to deal with life's normal problems, but they're still problems most of us face.

I should state that I've been type I diabetic since the age of 5, so I have more sympathy than most for Ray and his son.

The University of Miami does some of the best research in the world on juvenile diabetes btw.

If the stability of his children were the most important he could have signed for cheap in Boston in exchange for a no trade clause and his kids could have stayed in the same house, school and maintained the same friends they had for the past 5+ years....he just wanted to stick it to Boston. Not that I care, but to paint his leaving Boston as the act of a caring father is pretty disingenuous.

Yeah, so that's why you stay with Boston and let them trade you to Memphis or Toronto, or Sacramento. Yeah, wherever they can use you to get what they want. Aint nothing wrong in being a company man.

Totally led your debate team.

Yeah cuz it's not like Boston didn't try and fuck him over and force his family to relocate or split, for the sake of OJ fucking Mayo. Who wouldn't wanna leave that shit hole. Oh I know...

paul-pierce-kevin-garnett.jpg

Tom Penny

Maybe for people obsessed with lebron. Ray has always had to clutch tag applied to him somewhat, but a shot like pretty much signs your HoF package. People dream about shots like that.

Ray is already known as a 1st ballot HOF and best pure shooter ever regardless if he hit the side of the backboard on that shot. For Lebron it was 1-3 vs 2-2 in the Finals...

Ok, so if you obsess about Lebron, Ray hittin the biggest shot of his career means more for Lebron than it does ray. Should I spell it out phonetically next?

KingGondo

Banned
I'm fine with Ray going to Miami, but that doesn't mean I didn't want him to stay in Boston too. The Heat-Czzzz rivalry was really fun while it lasted.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
This is the same Ray Allen that probably should've won Finals MVP over Pierce right?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Just wanted to remind reilo of

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The rich get richer, the poor get Andrea Bargnani

Remind Rodeo! Off-Season OT is his domain. Although, the way the Blazers have been lately, it should be mine.

Tom Penny

Ok, so if you obsess about Lebron, Ray hittin the biggest shot of his career means more for Lebron than it does ray. Should I spell it out phonetically next?

How did that play a big role in Ray's legacy when it is already set in stone? 1st Ballot HOFer, best shooter, clutch shooter. He doesn't hit that shot it means very little to his legacy versus Lebron's. I'm not sure how you can't comprehend that. It's obvious.

Top Bottom