• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

KingGondo

Banned
Summer league championship game: Lamb has 16 at halftime, Andre Roberson has 9 rebounds.

If Roberson can learn to knock down a 3 I could easily see him being Thabo's replacement in a year or two.

How did that play a big role in Ray's legacy when it is already set in stone? 1st Ballot HOFer, best shooter, clutch shooter. He doesn't hit that shot it means very little to his legacy versus Lebron's. I'm not sure how you can't comprehend that. It's obvious.
Because his legacy wasn't in stone. Hell, Kobe was known as one of the clutches players ever, with a number of defining plays in the regular season, playoffs and finals. Then 6-24 happened. You don't think his resume took an extreme blow?

Prior to this, ray never had a defining moment. His finals resume consisted of being a third wheel in one championship run and epically coming up short in a loss. He chokes that shot and who knows what the narritive is. Now he has a top 10, maybe even top 5 Finals shot in one of the best games ever.

Lebron at worse gets to wake up next year in his prime, as the best player in the league, chip again and watch everybody jump right back on his dick. It's not even comparable. Unless you're one of those stalking ass obsessionists who has to analyze every success or failure this guy has like his career is over the next year, it means nothing.

TIL Nick Young is Kendrick Lamar's cousin.

Nick Don't Kill My Vibe.

Ray's legacy wasn't in stone prior to Miami because being arguably the 2nd most important piece on a chip superteam isn't as important as hitting a big 3 being the 5th or 6th most important piece on a chip superteam who had won the prior year without you...

exarkun

Man Im so disappointed the Rox didn't win the title. GG OKC fans aka Gondo, jeremy lamb looked like a stud even though we didn't have our rim protectors out there cause they were DNP.

Damn you.

KingGondo

Banned
Man Im so disappointed the Rox didn't win the title. GG OKC fans aka Gondo, jeremy lamb looked like a stud even though we didn't have our rim protectors out there cause they were DNP.

Damn you.
You may have stolen Harden, but you can never steal this:

null_zps604dbb88.jpg

Yeah! Suck it Houston!

Ray is no more than a roleplayer now, Lebron is the alpha of his team.
What does this have to do with anything when allen hit the shot? Lebron isn't even a factor here. Ray Allen drained the three and etched himself into finals history. That's the gist of it. Anything else is inconsequential to the fact that he immortalilezed himself. I dont get what's so hard to understand but I'm done.

love it

...Only this time, the rest of the NBA believes the Nets have gone too far, delivering the league into an unfiltered rage. The signing of Russian free agent Andrei Kirilenko – a $10 million-a-year player last season – for Brooklyn's $3.1 mini-midlevel exception has transformed rival owners and front office executives into an angry mob of disbelievers.

The insinuations are unmistakable: Around the NBA, there are calls for the commissioner's office to investigate the possibilities of side deals and Russian rubles ruling the day – for now, unfounded charges based on circumstance and appearances.

Within the NBA, there had long been those promising that deals would start popping up involving Prokhorov that made no fiscal sense, theorizing that high-end players could take less within the constraints of the salary cap and still make up the difference in clandestine pacts.

Once the Russian billionaire convinced a superb Russian player to take $7 million less to be a backup to Pierce, the rest of the NBA's reaction was instant and uproarious. For the first time now, the Nets have truly arrived as a contending franchise. They're good, with a chance to be great, and the rest of the NBA wants an investigation.

"Brazen," one Western Conference GM told Yahoo! Sports.

Mikhail Prokhorov has shown little concern for the NBA's hefty luxury-tax penalties. (USA Today Sports)"Let's see if the league has any credibility," one NBA owner told Yahoo! Sports. "It's not about stopping it. It's about punishing them if they're doing it."

Another Eastern Conference GM: "There should be a probe. How obvious is it?"

Omega

Banned
yeah, not really. Lebron just owes him hugs and kisses for awhile.

yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at as well, I just like to beat the dead horse a little on it. It was like Johnny Damon going to the Yankees.... In the long run, nobody really cares.

nobody might care but shouldn't he have gotten shit for that?

the teams have been rivals for a century. Miami was never the Celtics' rival. it's kind of a different situation.

linsivvi

Funny how the NBA owners suddenly now distrust a Russian billionaire when they have scam artists like Sterling, Clayton Bennett, Richard Devos among them.

Tom Penny

i hope olynyk can learn to rebound well, i dont want him to be a bargnani.

I see him as Mehmet Okur type player with more offensive skills.

I don't see how anything about the AK signing could be shady. People jumping to conclusions like Aaron Hernandez.

Cipherr

I'm not arguing if it was bigger for Bron than Ray. I'm saying Ray didn't need a second chip to prove anything, he was HOF bound for a while now.

I agree with all of that. But I still think that one of Ray Allens career defining shots.

I absolutely love this. Fucking crybabies man. Deal with it. If the man wants to pay luxury tax to build a squad, and the rules let him, then LET him. As long as nothing under the table is happening, Im fine with this. Its a shame that Boston had to be dismantled to make this work though, I thought we could have been moving out of the LEastern Conference days, but instead, as one rises, another crumbles.

Top Bottom