• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

I agree with all of that. But I still think that one of Ray Allens career defining shots.

Absolutely, it's nice bullet point. Hitting a big shot as a roleplayer on a superteam, Horry built a career out of it. Ray's legacy would be about as secure if he hit the scoreboard instead of the basket.

Forever

Banned
on second thought i've got a hunch that the nets will fuck things up and overplay pierce and kg to cover for joe johnson and deron webber

Why would we overplay Pierce and KG? We have Kirilenko and Blatche right behind each of them. And we have Terry behind JJ and Livingston behind DWill.

The Knicks are going to be so baad defensively. They have no one in their frontcourt who can play D if Chandler goes down. The Bargs trade was so damn retarded. They have no backup center and Chandler is made of fine china.

Eleuin

What does this have to do with anything when allen hit the shot? Lebron isn't even a factor here. Ray Allen drained the three and etched himself into finals history. That's the gist of it. Anything else is inconsequential to the fact that he immortalilezed himself. I dont get what's so hard to understand but I'm done.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that even without the shot Allens's legacy is great but the shot directly lead to the chip and no matter how you slice it chips matter to someone like Lebron who is in top 10 all time discussions.

The Knicks are going to be so baad defensively. They have no one in their frontcourt who can play D if Chandler goes down. The Bargs trade was so damn retarded. They have no backup center and Chandler is made of fine china.

Eh, the team was done the moment Amare went down.

No team in the NBA can survive with a non-factor getting paid the max.

Huh. Garnett chose to wear 2 in Brooklyn. Didn't see that coming.

top-story-810x325-we-re-in.jpg
*barfs*

Knicks better hope Shumpert develops into twice the player he was last year. That's the only area where I could see improvement. Melo playing the 4 is going to wear him down, Tyson is good but regressing and never shows up during the playoffs. Barganani... of all the high pick/little talent guys to trade for the FO picks the worst. Fuck

Knicks better hope Shumpert develops into twice the player he was last year. That's the only area where I could see improvement. Melo playing the 4 is going to wear him down, Tyson is good but regressing and never shows up during the playoffs. Barganani... of all the high pick/little talent guys to trade for the FO picks the worst. Fuck

melo wont play the 4,he will go to the 3. barg is at the 4.

exarkun

What was weird last year was they were letting Hibbert go up and down with hands up and not earn the foul. It seemed like Chandler never got the message and wasn't doing the same.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even without the shot Allens's legacy is great but the shot directly lead to the chip and no matter how you slice it chips matter to someone like Lebron who is in top 10 all time discussions.
I just don't agree. It's really alot more proportional than you all are trying to make it. No matter how little you believe a miss would've affected his legacy, the fact that he hit a GOAT finals shot to force OT while facing elimination gives him a stamp that he never even came close to having prior.

Fact is lebron is contending for years batting injuries, and he probably has alot of prime left.

charsace

Melo is gonna play the 3 next season with Bargs at the 4. Bargs at the 4 will work because he's a good man to man defender. Asking him to anchor a defense is when disaster happens.

The Knicks defense wasn't enough of a problem last year to keep us from winning 54 games, getting HCA for the playoffs, making it out of the first round and going 6 with the Pacers...and we were worn down/injured and old too.

The moves so far this offseason are lateral ones defensively anyway, and with players getting healthier, it's not as if the defense will get so much worse, no matter how funny it is to talk Bargnani.

The problem for the Knicks is going to be Woodson's coaching, and if the offense can be the ball-moving one that blows teams out casually more than the ISOball one that sputters in the playoffs. If it can be more consistent, that's all you can hope for. Every team that isn't the Heat only has a puncher's chance against them anyway.

The lineup is going to be Felton/Shumpert/Anthony/Bargnani/Chandler, and Prigs/Smith/Hardaway/Leslie/Stoudemire. Hopefully we resign K-Mart, bring on MWP, and get a 3rd string PG. Bargnani will play C for brief periods of time, and that's okay. So will Stoudemire. If they're playing backup centers, it's all good.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I'm really interested to see if Bargs is going to get booed from the getgo by Knicks fans.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The inevitable Melo Amare Bargs lineup will rip NY asunder.

The lineup and their rotations will likely be:

Felton > Prigi > Timmy
Shumpert > JR
Melo > Shumpert
Bargs > K-Mart
Chandler > Amare/Barron

Our 1 and 2 situation seems fine...but there's a huge concern for our 4 and 5. It's hard to be optimistic about some of these guys playing positions they don't belong in.

And this is assuming the Knicks resign K-Mart too...

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I'm really interested to see if Bargs is going to get booed from the getgo by Knicks fans.

We will boo anybody. We boo'd Melo, we boo'd Amare, we boo'd Novak...we don't give a shit.

Bargi will probably get no reception from us at all - just silence. We'll reserve our boos for when they're justified.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lol Dallas

Dirk deserves better.

"“@blakeglover777: @ChandlerParsons Do you wish the Rockets would get new uniforms soon?” I'm working on that!"

Work you magic Parsons!

I don't what I would give to see the Nets win next year. The amount of salt from the Knick fans and Miami fans would be amazing.

i dont think miami fans will give a shit after the repeat.

but i will die from the salt overdose

die

dead

but i wont have to cause they wont win shit unless they count moral victories.

The lineup and their rotations will likely be:

Felton > Prigi > Timmy
Shumpert > JR
Melo > Shumpert
Bargs > K-Mart
Chandler > Amare/Barron

Our 1 and 2 situation seems fine...but there's a huge concern for our 4 and 5. It's hard to be optimistic about some of these guys playing positions they don't belong in.

And this is assuming the Knicks resign K-Mart too...

Amare at C is only slightly better than Bargs at C and If Barges days the 4 while Stat is the 5...dear lord.

Also, sad to hear about what happened to your dog =[

Ellis to the Mavs? WTF. But Ellis is terrible in +/- and APM which the Mavs love.

Cuban must have gone crazy whiffing on everyone and is on tilt. lmao.

Poor Dirk. He needs to be traded off that mess.

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 1m
Bobcats spoke with Gerald Henderson's reps today. Positive tone. Team's first preference remains re-signing him.

Gerald is probably getting close to the top FA still available, at this point.

Attn: Mark Cuban

Plan Hendo

Top Bottom